Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 2:35pm

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a technical note
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog
    ... Lets just say that their sword and other weapons based work is terrible. I have even seen them try to draw swords with a reverse grip and with the cutting edge of the weapon towards the body. This simply does not work and is dangerous.
    Well ... swords ARE dangerous, that's the whole point of them.
    Notice in this vid of Sugino Sensei, 10th dan Katori Shinto Ryu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PmhwHst4po
    At about 1:57 he draws his sword with reverse grip, edge towards his body.

So boos sucks to your opinion on that movement!

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 3:20pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Really? Would you mind pointing out in your little blurb there where the **** you used the word "day care?" I couldn't find it.....let me double check....nope, still couldn't find it....You're a fucking riot dude, I'm going to love seeing where your brain dead kid ends up when he's 8. (They really should give licenses out to be a parent)
    The organizations role as a day care provider is implied in the post... to anyone capable of basic reading comprehension.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 3:33pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387
    The organizations role as a day care provider is implied in the post... to anyone capable of basic reading comprehension.
    Congratulations on being a hypocrite you dumbfuck.

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 9:18pm

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Schwarde, where are you in the UK?

There must be enough UK members hereabouts to be able to point you at some alternatives.

Also, someone should PM me everytime a UK thread is started.
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Posted On:
    4/28/2007 5:38am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations on being a hypocrite you dumbfuck.
    You also don't know what a hypocrite is... what a suprise:happy4:. I hope your kids got the smart (read other) genes in the family.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/28/2007 6:48am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hypocrite
    n.
    A person given to hypocrisy.
    hypocrisy: The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

You lead everybody to believe that a person who has basic reading comprehension would understand that the person implied using it as day care:

Conversation went like this
    He said one thing
    member wanted to make sure he came to the right conclusion
    (misc verbal attack)
    No, he doesn't use it as a day care.

You apparently don't have very good reading comprehension, though you believe that you do.

Any other dumbass thing you want to say?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/28/2007 10:48am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As usual, Dsimon coming to the rescue with no clue.

First it wasn't clear if he was using it as a daycare. Implied does not mean definitive.
    Second he says yes it is a daycare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarde
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcFu
    So you are using it as a day care.
    Yeah .. that's what I said.......
    Then later he says it isn't a daycare.
    We don't use this class as a daycare facility,
    So, all of his statements and posts later it is still unclear.

Anyway we will have to disagree Schwarde. I understand the importance of good MA training. Yet, everything you use to justify the training can be found in any good coached sport. That's what my kids are doing until we find a good MA school.

You also said poor. That is what I'm basing my opinion off of okay? Many schools have flaws or as you said "far from perfect.". IMO these schools are okay if the techniques are sound.

Poor/bad schools are in a whole different category IMO.

Posted On:
    4/28/2007 1:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hypocrite
    n.
    A person given to hypocrisy.
    hypocrisy: The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

You lead everybody to believe that a person who has basic reading comprehension would understand that the person implied using it as day care:

Conversation went like this
    He said one thing
    member wanted to make sure he came to the right conclusion
    (misc verbal attack)
    No, he doesn't use it as a day care.

You apparently don't have very good reading comprehension, though you believe that you do.

Any other dumbass thing you want to say?
    Yes just one more dumbass thing so bear with me. it is nice that you can google and maybe read a dictionary. I will be gentle here oh merciless one... In common parlance (usage) hypocrite refers to one who does an act that he/she condemns others for doing... that is the way the term is used in the english language as in, "the preacher showed what a hypocrite he was by going to a protitute after condemning prostitution as the work of the devil."

It is not the correct term to use in the context you wish to call me on. Actually I had pulled the post initially because you guys straightened it out, but if you must call me on the post you might simply say I came to the wrong conclusion and that I should mind my own business... or that my reasoning was specias (can't vouch for the spelling on that one) regarding what the poster meant to imply.

At any rate you could make a case for my reading comprehension but, and I say this as a former teacher... use the term hypocrite properly. Peace.

Posted On:
    4/28/2007 1:47pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    As usual, Dsimon coming to the rescue with no clue.

First it wasn't clear if he was using it as a daycare. Implied does not mean definitive.
    Second he says yes it is a daycare.

Then later he says it isn't a daycare.

So, all of his statements and posts later it is still unclear.

Anyway we will have to disagree Schwarde. I understand the importance of good MA training. Yet, everything you use to justify the training can be found in any good coached sport. That's what my kids are doing until we find a good MA school.

You also said poor. That is what I'm basing my opinion off of okay? Many schools have flaws or as you said "far from perfect.". IMO these schools are okay if the techniques are sound.

Poor/bad schools are in a whole different category IMO.
    Fair enough, I actually tried to pull the post. I just know that when I put my kids in an activity after school I always have to consider the time constraints, how long the activity lasts... how long they will be there.

I was also responding this way because of a little incident that happened to me: We live in San fRancisco and I wanted to put my nine year old in a grappling program that supplemented how I work with him. I took him to Cahill's school in San Mateo... a great teacher and practicioner by deed and reputation. But I was put off that the activities in the class were more like a glorified day care than serious practice. I was willing to shuttle my kid out there but for this atmosphere. I found that most kids programs I looked at were very day carish. I came to the conclusion that this is the nature of a lot of these programs and that most people look at them as day care related to an extent.

Luckily I found a fencing school that I like and I make the kids train with my gang for a bit.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/28/2007 1:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387
    Fair enough, I actually tried to pull the post. I just know that when I put my kids in an activity after school I always have to consider the time constraints, how long the activity lasts... how long they will be there.

I was also responding this way because of a little incident that happened to me: We live in San fRancisco and I wanted to put my nine year old in a grappling program that supplemented how I work with him. I took him to Cahill's school in San Mateo... a great teacher and practicioner by deed and reputation. But I was put off that the activities in the class were more like a glorified day care than serious practice. I was willing to shuttle my kid out there but for this atmosphere. I found that most kids programs I looked at were very day carish. I came to the conclusion that this is the nature of a lot of these programs and that most people look at them as day care related to an extent.

Luckily I found a fencing school that I like and I make the kids train with my gang for a bit.
    Ah, I see perspective helps. Makes sense where you are coming from now. Yeah, I have the same problem with school vs daycare problem. I'm a hard ass so, I refuse to teach my children by myself. I get it from my dad he was always more intense with us when we were young.

No, I'm not the crazy sports dad. I never played organized football so, I actually keep my mouth shut.

Now, if they start swimming uh oh.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/28/2007 1:55pm at .
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast