Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/21/2012 11:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
    First OFF; Let me just say that i am fed up to the back teeth with all these authors, historyens, instructors, and masters, or professors, of Jiu Jitsu who have wrote articles on web pagers or forums about the Late Great Professor Jack Britten who Established the ALPHA Ju Jitsu Institute in Liverpool Merseyside in the Early 1900s. Let me say that if they realy knew Professor Jack Britten that they would write the correct informastion down about him which they have all NOT DONE. The only one near to the truth about Professor, Jack Britten is Mr Ronnie Colwell of the World Kobukan Kederation, who once traind at the Old ALPHA.
    Before my time in Trad JJ, but I understand that Mr Colwell was once the Chief Instructor the 'old' BJJA. Is this correct?

Mr Colwell is well known as a high Dan Grade Karateka as well, so clearly he has more than one skill-set. Impressive. Does he still practice JJ or has does he prefer to focus on Karate these days?

Thanks.

Posted On:
    12/21/2012 3:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know much about Mr Colwell only that he once traind at the Old ALPHA Ju Jitsu Institute. So i don't know if he was once the Chief Instructor of the 'old' BJJA or if he still trains in the 'Art of Ju Jitsu.

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 3:05pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off i would like to say hi to all at Bullshido and a happy new year. Is there anyone out there who knows of any good Trad JJ, Researchers or Research Groups that anyone can put me in touch with on Merseyside. Thanks to all from the ALPHA.

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 3:54pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off i would like to say hi to all at Bullshido and a happy new year. Is there anyone out there who knows of any good Trad JJ, Researchers or Research Groups that anyone can put me in touch with on Merseyside. Thanks to all from the ALPHA.
    Well, you could ask Kenny Blundell or Jimmy Pape or Paul Geohegan.

Kenny and Jimmy are both helpful and knowledgeable.

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 4:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for getting back to me. But i don't think that these ;Instructors; will be of any use, With the Greatest of Respect. You see i am the ;Chief Instructor; of the ;Oldest Ju Jitsu School; on merseyside the ;ALPHA; and i have got a lot of informastion about the ;FOUNDER; of the school the ;Late Prof; Jack Britten; inwhich i would like to share with a good researcher or group for them to do some research for me regarding the Late Prof; Jack Britten; Thank you Lots the ;ALPHA;

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 10:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for getting back to me. But i don't think that these ;Instructors; will be of any use, With the Greatest of Respect. You see i am the ;Chief Instructor; of the ;Oldest Ju Jitsu School; on merseyside the ;ALPHA; and i have got a lot of informastion about the ;FOUNDER; of the school the ;Late Prof; Jack Britten; inwhich i would like to share with a good researcher or group for them to do some research for me regarding the Late Prof; Jack Britten; Thank you Lots the ;ALPHA;
    Are you Mr Dave Walsh, perchance? Forgive me, It's New Year and I've been at the Guinness.

Posted On:
    1/01/2013 3:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, No i think you mean the ;Late Master Mike Walsh; I am ;Master Jimmy Davison; the ;Owner; of the ;Old ALPHA Ju Jitsu Institute; which was based on sheil road kensington liverpool 6.

Posted On:
    1/22/2013 11:33am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First OFF; Let me just say that i am fed up to the back teeth with all these authors, historyens, instructors, and masters, or professors, of Jiu Jitsu who have wrote articles on web pagers or forums about the Late Great Professor Jack Britten who Established the ALPHA Ju Jitsu Institute in Liverpool Merseyside in the Early 1900s. Let me say that if they realy knew Professor Jack Britten that they would write the correct informastion down about him which they have all NOT DONE. The only one near to the truth about Professor, Jack Britten is Mr Ronnie Colwell of the World Kobukan Kederation, who once traind at the Old ALPHA.
    Sorry,I stand corrected.Jack Britten it was.I did some training with Fred Kelly at Walton Community centre(behind walton church) just before he passed on to the dojo in the sky

Posted On:
    7/03/2013 7:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a former student of the Alpha Jiujutsu Institute of Sheil Road, Kensington. I began my training at the club in 1988 (I was 6 years old). I was there when the club began in St Phillip's church hall which then later moved to The Sheil Community Centre after I gained my Red belt. My teacher was Sensei Jimmy Davison. A long standing student of the late Prof Jack Britten. Martial Arts was in my genes considering my Dad's Karate background, so I was consumed when I would attend Jimmy's class. Jimmy was a Fair, Firm and some times Fierce teacher. Between him and my Dad (who was a soldier) instilled the discipline in me which I carry forth today. I trained dilligently under Jimmy, strutinising my every technique until they were as good as they could possibly be. I'd see my fellow students come and go over the years, but I remained consistent. Even students older than me, my technique was far better than theirs, even given their natural strength advantage. I was awarded my Shodan at the age of 14 after training for 8 years solidly, attending class religiously and even the Adults class after the Youth class (considering it didn't get too dark, it was/is rough round there). At this point in my life school work became a priority and I became less and less able to attend. Also the Community centre itself was fighting to stay open. I was devastated when I'd learned that the community centre was shut down to be demolished and the dojo had gone. I since then began training in the Bujinkan organisation of Martial Arts headed by Soke Hatsumi Masaaki of Noda Japan. I recently attended class in Japan and was awarded my Sandan by Shihan Shiraishi which is one of the biggest honours I have ever had in my life. Training with all the Sensei I have throughout my martial Arts journey has made me the person I am today and I'll be forever in a debt to those Budoka.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718