Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 5:36am

Style: Freestyle scientific

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinter View Post
    Yes I said aikido because it's my favorite now that I'm getting old. I have black belts in several arts; but is that so strange after being in the martial arts for some 52 years? I would guess there are many old timers with similar credentials.
    I think of aikido as really a refinement-style of actual MA, rather than a style in itself, which is why it gets such a bad rap since it attempts to cut out the real thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 4:54pm

Style: JJJ/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LesbianSeagal View Post
    I think of aikido as really a refinement-style of actual MA, rather than a style in itself, which is why it gets such a bad rap since it attempts to cut out the real thing.
    I think we've had a thread on this.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/24/2012 6:05pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbirdseye View Post
    I think we've had threads on this.
    Fixed.

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 5:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bob Clarke came to lowlands as a blue belt from the dojo on sheil road,liverpool called the Alpha Jujitsu Institute run by a man called Skelly,if my memory serves me right.That was about 1968-9.I once asked Jimmy Blundell where he leant jujitsu,and he said during world war 2 he was in the navy and being such a little guy(about 5 foot tall) the CHINESE in the engine room taught him how to defend himself.John Steadman was a brown belt shotokan karate when his mate Bob Clarke brought him to the lowlands.He hardly ever trained with us but was awarded a black belt in about 6 months.obviously personal tuition

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 6:34pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by exdojo View Post
    Bob Clarke came to lowlands as a blue belt from the dojo on sheil road,liverpool called the Alpha Jujitsu Institute run by a man called Skelly,if my memory serves me right.That was about 1968-9.I once asked Jimmy Blundell where he leant jujitsu,and he said during world war 2 he was in the navy and being such a little guy(about 5 foot tall) the CHINESE in the engine room taught him how to defend himself.John Steadman was a brown belt shotokan karate when his mate Bob Clarke brought him to the lowlands.He hardly ever trained with us but was awarded a black belt in about 6 months.obviously personal tuition
    Very interesting. Feel free to share more of your Memories.

I am genuinely interested.

Thanks.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 3:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the name of the man that ran the alpha jujitsu at the time was the late fred kelly, who left to stat his own jujitsu school up which was called the red tryangle jujitsu school based in everton vally.

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 7:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
    the name of the man that ran the alpha jujitsu at the time was the late fred kelly, who left to stat his own jujitsu school up which was called the red tryangle jujitsu school based in everton vally.
    Alpha Ju Jitsu rings a bell. Was it not under a Mr Jack Britton?

Red Triangle. Was this not the famous Shotokan dojo founded by Keinosuke Enoeda and brought forth such luminaries as Terry O'Neill, Frank Brennan and more?

Please feel free to share. I am genuinely interested.

Thanks.

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 2:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the alpha was run by prof jack britten at the time but mr kelly was teachin in the alpha at the same time. yes that was the famous red triangle karate club and fred kelly had his own club on the same premises as the red triangle karate club teaching jiu-jitsu. mr andy sherry was once a member of the old alpha jiu-jitsu school.

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 5:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
    the alpha was run by prof jack britten at the time but mr kelly was teachin in the alpha at the same time. yes that was the famous red triangle karate club and fred kelly had his own club on the same premises as the red triangle karate club teaching jiu-jitsu. mr andy sherry was once a member of the old alpha jiu-jitsu school.
    Thanks for answering and contributing. It is appreciated. By all means continue to add your knowledge and memories.

Cheers

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 4:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First OFF; Let me just say that i am fed up to the back teeth with all these authors, historyens, instructors, and masters, or professors, of Jiu Jitsu who have wrote articles on web pagers or forums about the Late Great Professor Jack Britten who Established the ALPHA Ju Jitsu Institute in Liverpool Merseyside in the Early 1900s. Let me say that if they realy knew Professor Jack Britten that they would write the correct informastion down about him which they have all NOT DONE. The only one near to the truth about Professor, Jack Britten is Mr Ronnie Colwell of the World Kobukan Kederation, who once traind at the Old ALPHA.
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 18 LastLast