223503 Bullies, 3719 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 7:23pm

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait a minute, you're coming on here and throwing out an open challenge....for somebody else?

Does this person know what you're doing?
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 7:40pm

Style: karate, Ju-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliaSylvia
    Trash-talking styles and offering to fight people to prove some silly one-upmanship point is juvenile and stupid.

followed by

I'll issue an open challenge to anyone that feels they have the cajones to take it up. If you're in the UK, in particular the North Wales/Merseyside area, browse to http://www.ju-jitsu.uk.com/ and pick one of the classes taught by Mr Simon Rimmington. Turn up and introduce yourself to him. You can't miss him, his photograph and videos are all over that site. Tell him exactly what most of you have said in this thread - namely that WJJF is crap and WJJF can't fight and offer to prove yourself right there and then. Make sure your life insurance is up to date and you've said goodbye to any loved ones prior to this visit, because that man will destroy 99% of the wannabes I see frequenting this site, including the so-called experienced players.
    I found that very amusing. Isn't it even more juvenile to openly challenge someone in the name of your beliefs, but have them fight someone else? In fact, I'd say that's cowardice.

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 7:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not a an open challenge to fight, I don't represent Simon Rimmington in any way. If it came across that way then I'm sorry. I'm sure that anyone with enough of a testosterone flood and abject stupidity where to offer to fight they would be taken up in short order though. The point was to stop doing the Internet Warrior act and hiding behind screen aliases and go to one of his classes and tell him to his face that he is teaching a **** martial art, that the WJJF is crap etc etc. Mr Rimmington does not mess around. If you challenged him to a match then I imagine you'd get one and it would be by simple rules. A real fight isn't constrained by restrictions, which makes it all the more bizarre that you place such high esteem in winning grappling tournaments and use that as a yardstick to measure how tough you'd be in real life. You doubt the effectiveness of WJJF technique in a fight, I'm saying he'd quickly disabuse you of that notion. Trust me, I've seen the videos of this and that Gracie hitting dojos and picking on other instructors. If you think you'd see more of that you'd be very much mistaken.

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 7:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considering I weigh about 8 stone and I'm a woman, I'm hardly in a position to make throwdown challenges myself. Nor would I want to, I simply don't have that sort of mentality. I said the trash-talking was juvenile and stupid and offering to fight people that have a different take on the World than you do is also juvenile and stupid. You all seem to talk the talk here but already you're squirming and picking holes in my posts when the opportunity to end all the arguments is right there should you choose to take it. Simon Rimmington is the chief instructor and therefore the person best placed to defend the effectiveness of WJJF technique. Go tell him that he's ****, all his students are **** and the WJJF is a big pile of **** then come back and tell everyone here how that worked out for you.

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 7:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not a an open challenge to fight, I don't represent Simon Rimmington in any way.
    Preceeded by:

I'll issue an open challenge to anyone that feels they have the cajones to take it up.
    So you're issuing an open challenge, but it's not an open challenge to fight and you don't represent the guy in who's name you made the challenge?

You should try working on basic consistencey.

Does Mr. Rimmington even know you? Or know that you are encouraging people on the internet to go to one of his public classes and interrupt and fight him?

Does, or would he, approve of you making such claims?
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 8:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think he's aware of the trash talking on sites like this. I don't think he'd be particularly bothered either way. Maybe my choice of words left a lot to be desired, but what I was trying to convey is the idea that maybe one of you internet nay-sayers should go tell the chief representative of the association exactly what you're saying here. If you were to do that, then you have limited options to prove that you are someone that knows what they're talking about in regards to this. About the only way you could convince anyone besides yourselves that you are an authority on why WJJF is **** would be to offer to match style v style there and then and video the result. You like videos here don't you?. Or do you bullshido guys only pick matches that you know you could win? Knowing Mr Rimmington, he'd be happy to oblige anyone that wanted a go so there you have it. You can debate the semantics of my post/s all day and night and yes, you have a point that it's not my place to challenge by proxy. You repeatedly fail to understand what I'm trying to tell you to do. Just go there and tell him all this and see what happens. In fact, I shouldn't have to tell you any of this. You all seem to love the investigating thing, digging up dirt on people and visiting dojos etc. Your guys have issued challenges to fight other stylists before now. Multiple times. What's new here? Do your bullshido thing and put your money where your mouths are. Or just shut up about it. It's that simple. I can see why other people stop posting in these threads. With so many meatheads in one place, it's not hard to see why it's like talking to brick walls. It seems like I literally am. Goodbye, and hope to hear of a visit from some bullshido guy sometime soon.

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 8:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In order to prevent any further speculation or pointless bickering on this thread I have sent an email to Simon Rimington informing him of this thread's existence and the most recent development. I invited Mr. Rimington to join us here and add his opinions.

Email was as follows:
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot's Email
    Dear Mr. Rimington,

I post on a website forum known as Bullshido.net. Bullshido.net is the community section of a series of sites dedicated to exposing fraudulent claims and practices in the martial arts.

Recently the WJJF was brought up in a thread, and after some debate many opinions were shared by people with direct experience in the system and the organisation. In all, nothing greatly damning was actually said about the WJJF. However, a new poster appeared and 'threw down' an open challenge and directly referenced your name in doing so. The poster's handle (online identification nickname) on the site is 'TaliaSylvia'. I am unsure as to whether you know this person or their actions on the site. This poster was called on her posts and seemed to rescind her point, but not the intention behind them.

Please be assured that I in no way wish you to believe this email to be threatening of accusatory in any way. I thought it best though to apprise you of the situation.

I hope you'll take the time to read the thread and give us your opinions on the points raised by both sides, as well as regarding the actions of this particular poster.

The thread's direct link is: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52528

The posts by 'TaliaSylvia' begin at post 90 on the thread.

At Bullshido we value first hand testimony and evidential proof over hearsay and speculation, hence my informing you of this recent development.

Thank you for your time,
    Iscariot.

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 8:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok then, apparently I didn't inform him as my email came back with the following on the top:
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying technology
    Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@s82818.ais-uk.net>
    to me

show details
    2:26 am (13 minutes ago)
    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <s.rimington@ju-jitsu.uk.com>
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 User unknown)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to mail.kirwanssolicitors.co.uk.:
    >>> DATA
    <<< 550 5.1.1 User unknown
    550 5.1.1 <s.rimington@ju-jitsu.uk.com>... User unknown
    <<< 503 5.5.2 Need Rcpt command.

Final-Recipient: RFC822; norma.rimington@kirwanssolicitors.co.uk
    Action: failed
    Remote-MTA: DNS; mail.kirwanssolicitors.co.uk
    Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.1.1 User unknown
    Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 02:26:22 +0100
    Anyone speak machine?

Any other ideas as to how to reach Rimington?

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 9:16pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I scarcely know where to begin.....

I don't think there's anything to continue to debate. MMA etc is staggeringly effective at winning competitions and there is no denying that that experience and training strategy will carry over well to a self-defence scenario against an un-trained opponent.
    With you so far....

However, a friend pointed me to this site and this thread in particular and it's amazing what I've seen here so far. Trash-talking styles and offering to fight people to prove some silly one-upmanship point is juvenile and stupid.
    Yep, I would go with you on this. Remembe that you wrote this because it may become relevant later.....

The WJJF has some very good martial artists. Yes, there are a few that aren't up to much and obviously that guy in that video, who no-one has proven to any satisfaction that he was a WJJF student, was one of them.
    Yet he was a 2nd Dan. Drop the "Prove he was WJJF" farce - Das has proven a solid case for the fact that he was. If he gains a senior grade in your system it shows there are either flaws in the style or your belts are not worth ****. Take your pick.

I'll issue an open challenge to anyone that feels they have the cajones to take it up. If you're in the UK, in particular the North Wales/Merseyside area, browse to http://www.ju-jitsu.uk.com/ and pick one of the classes taught by Mr Simon Rimmington. Turn up and introduce yourself to him. You can't miss him, his photograph and videos are all over that site. Tell him exactly what most of you have said in this thread - namely that WJJF is crap and WJJF can't fight and offer to prove yourself right there and then.
    You hypocritical, ill-educated, philosophically dichotomous fucktard - you decry challenges then issue one IN SOMEONE ELSE'S NAME. I live in Canada right now and have better things to do than challenge someone to a fight. Just because you do not like the taste of opinion does not make the opinion any less valid. Look at what is being said not what you THINKis being said

Make sure your life insurance is up to date and you've said goodbye to any loved ones prior to this visit, because that man will destroy 99% of the wannabes I see frequenting this site, including the so-called experienced players.
    Hyperbole and at the "my dad is bigger than your dad" level of debating logic. You fail at the internet

As a "so-called experienced player" I can tell you that 18 years MA experience in various disciplines (including a 2nd Dan in JJ and extensive BJJ experience) coupled with years as an LEO having more real conflicts than I care to remember (armed, unarmed and multiple attacker) means that I might have something of an idea about what is and what is not effective.

As a side not my current force has an extensive combat syllabus based on a synthesis of hundreds or arts, styles and approaches. Nowhere is anything remotely resembling WJJF style combatives in there

That's the truth.
    No, that is the deranged outpourings of a 10 year old with sand in their vagina

Considering you place great store in putting up or shutting up, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch. If someone does pony up, I'll look forward to hearing about your injuries in class and we can all have a giggle at www.bullshido.net.
    I have put up more in thsi world than most - usually for the benefit of others and society as a whole. Without sounding self-righteous who the **** are you to offer judgement? I have a pedigree that means I can offer an opinion that - agree or not - carries an element of validity.

More to the point I can hold together a cogent argument. You cannot say the same

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    6/14/2007 9:30pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considering I weigh about 8 stone and I'm a woman, I'm hardly in a position to make throwdown challenges myself. Nor would I want to, I simply don't have that sort of mentality.
    hypocrite

I said the trash-talking was juvenile and stupid and offering to fight people that have a different take on the World than you do is also juvenile and stupid.
    hypocrite

You all seem to talk the talk here but already you're squirming and picking holes in my posts
    It is not difficult to do as your logic is flawed and your points asinine

when the opportunity to end all the arguments is right there should you choose to take it. Simon Rimmington is the chief instructor and therefore the person best placed to defend the effectiveness of WJJF technique.
    Actually Robert Clarke is the head so you are not only a hypocrite you are factually inaccurate too.

One good fighter does not make a good system. Consistent application and proven pedigree count - WJJF has neither

Go tell him that he's ****, all his students are **** and the WJJF is a big pile of **** then come back and tell everyone here how that worked out for you.
    How about you come back and post when the painters are not in?
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast