Posted On:
    3/15/2007 2:40am

Style: Man-ho Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Van Damme and Cro - cop

Jean-Claude van Damme coming to visit Mirko Cro Cop

Jean-Claude van Damme coming to visit Mirko Cro Cop

Famous Belgian actor Jean-Claude van Damme recently found out that Mirko Filipovic was inspired as a teenager by his movies. After watching "Blood Sport", Mirko started training martial arts. So Van Damme decided to give him a phone call.
    When Crocop received phone call from Van Damme, he thought someone is making fun of him. They spoke for almost an hour, and after Crocop was convinced that it is actually Van Damme, he called Van Damme to visit him in his house in Zagreb. Van Damme was very pleased and he accepted the offer.
    Van Damme is shooting a movie in Bulgaria at the moment, and he will come to Zagreb on 21st or 22nd of March. He will stay in Mirko's house for 7 days, and during that time he will train in his gym and visit Mirko's house in village Privlaka, where Mirko lived as a boy.
    (from jutarnji.hr - translation by djoni - www.nokaut.com/forum)

Van Damme says that he watches MMA, but he heard about Mirko from his father, who watched one of Pride shows, and before Mirko's fight there was a short movie about Mirko. After watching it, Van Damme's father told him: "there is one great fighter who wears checkered shorts and as a teenager had your poster in his room". Van Damme says that he felt satisfaction in fact that one Pride champion found inspiration in his movies for all that Spartan work. So he decided to call Mirko.
    Van Damme says that he wants to make a movie about mixed martial arts, and that Crocop would have a role in this movie. Besides Crocop, Van Damme wants Jerome Le Banner, Fedor Emelianenko and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in that movie. Van Damme says that this movie would be for mixed martial arts what "Raging Bull" (with Robert De Niro) was for boxing.
    In rest of the interview, Van Damme says that he trains more now, cause he doesn't want to embarass himself in front of Crocop. He is also joking that he plans to stay for 7 days at Crocop's home, but there is possibility that it will last shorter, if he doesn't meet Crocop's expectations
    They ask him about Sylvester Stallone, and he compares their relationship to Crocop and Fedor. He says they are rivals, so they can't be friends. But he also says that he hopes Crocop and Fedor will become friends, if they agree to shoot a movie together
    from vecernji.hr - translation by djoni

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 4:37am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does this mean that Cro Cop will be competing in an NHB Tournament made up of Martial Artists all around the world just like Van Damme did in..... Oh, wait a minute....
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 4:56am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's nice that they are friends and can have joyous times.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 5:27am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you think about it, its pretty cool. If cro cop was inspired by bloodsport, you know he sometimes dreamed about going to Asia and competing and winning a NHB tournament. I guess now he is actually living his childhood dream.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 11:59am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It must be a weird feeling to totally and completely surpass your idol.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 12:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe this will spur Van Damme to train his arse off and compete in MMA. Oh I'd love to see that!
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 12:16pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's the good thing about MA movies. They may be utter bollocks but they inspired a lot of good fighters. Enter The Dragon made Bas Rutten start MA's and he said the Bruce Lee inspired a lot of other fighters too...

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 12:58pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diego the "Nightmare" Sanchez said once that when he was a kid he rewatched Bloodsport over and over trying to copy and perfect the moves.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 1:34pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    Maybe this will spur Van Damme to train his arse off and compete in MMA. Oh I'd love to see that!
    He's over 40 already, so who knows if he wants to do that. I mean, he is in excellent shape for his age, and I give him props to that. But after a certain age, people focus on other things. Who knows.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 1:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wasn't Jean Claude Van Damaged a respectable kickboxer back in the day?

His best film is Cyborg, BTW.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast