Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 2:50pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To address the original post:

It sounded as if there was some overtraining going on. But if you don't have the gumption to walk twelve blocks for a weight bar then I highly doubt it.With overtraining you will damned sure see a marked improvemnt in stregnth after the body gets the rest it needs.

As for getting slow from lifting. It depends. Slow deliberate bodybiulding style movements aren't designed for anything accept tearning down the muscle in order to biuld mass. Mass does not equal stregnth and damned sure effects your agility and speed. There are plenty of weight exercises out there that are desinged for building stregnth, endurence and speed. You can also cross train if you want to bulk up and retain your current speed and agility or even improve on it. This is also relative to how big you want to get. There is a reason people say **** like "fast for a big guy". Inevitably mass will slow you down.

Facts are:
    1) you have to stress it to make it grow stronger
    2) you have to train it to make it move faster
    3) you have to feed it and rest it to let it do #1 & 2.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 3:42pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I decided to extirpate all tumors and festering boils from here to here, primarily beause of this:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...3&postcount=13

Quote Originally Posted by truepwrz
    i have a bench at home but no racks, the retractable dumbells uses weight plates, the weights are standard, can i use a ez bar to replace the straight bar because if i buy a straight bar from modells i have to carry it like 12streets to get it home
    I left all other relevant posts here given that overtraining and rest are valid topics. Enjoy.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 3:53pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alright then i will get my straight bar by sunday since i have work friday and saturday

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt he is overtraining. Just training wrong. At the NYC TD we go over this crap. He is young and has not been training long enough to overtrain.

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 4:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a very generalized statement..... I seriously doubt anybody too lazy to go fetch a barbell is actually overtraining.

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 10:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What fucking city you live in that has 1 mile blocks!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 10:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grew up in OC. Best I can recall from stoplight to stoplight was like 200-300 yards. I did a little process serving for extra cash when I was just out of the service. You know serving people with a summons to apear in court. Most of it was in Inglewood, Watts, L.A., Compton, Long Beach and so on. I not only had to walk the streets. Some times I had to flat out run for my fucking life.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 7:48pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if my muscle hurts should i ignore the pain keep lifting or should i rest. by the way the blocks in my area are very long and i counted again it is actually 17 blocks i might just ask my uncle to drive it home for me.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 8:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, what routine are you following? It sounds like you're just randomly lifting weights with no ryhme or reason.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if my muscle hurts should i ignore the pain keep lifting or should i rest.
    It all depends on the type of pain you are experiencing. The common soreness you feel in the muscle, that's normal. However, any sharp pain being experienced at a join or ligament should be considered as a red flag, and you should stop immediately. With experience you will know the difference. Regardless, a good way to start is by lifting one day and resting the next.

by the way the blocks in my area are very long and i counted again it is actually 17 blocks i might just ask my uncle to drive it home for me.
    The only reason I'm not extracting this post and throw it to the dark, fermenting guts of trollshido is because I think you are genuinely interested in weightlifting.

Having said that, man, don't be a *****. You do san shou, and I've seen how hard they train. You are (or say you are) interested in weight lifting, and yet you don't want to carry a mere 45lbs thing on your shoulders for a few miles?????

If these ladies/girls can do it, so can you - think of it as part of your conditioning... and don't be a *****!!!!

--- EDIT ---

In all seriousness, dude, you gotta give us the impression you are up for training. If you are just asking questions for the hell of it, then forget it.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 3/16/2007 8:31pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast