Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2007 10:47am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Backing up v Backing up with a stiff jab thrown out = 2 different things.
    Still, angles, angles angles...
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    3/14/2007 2:59pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the guy is shorter than you are and he comes in real close like that go ahead and throw a forearm onto his neck and push down, then blast some uppercuts into him. That's assuming you aren't allowed a real clinch. He'll change his mind about being there in a hurry.
    Also, side stepping and throwing hooks is always good.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    3/14/2007 4:08pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    If the guy is shorter than you are and he comes in real close like that go ahead and throw a forearm onto his neck and push down, then blast some uppercuts into him. That's assuming you aren't allowed a real clinch. He'll change his mind about being there in a hurry.
    Also, side stepping and throwing hooks is always good.
    That's retarded. A forearm into the neck on a short in-fighter (like me) is just a message to KO you with hooks and knees to that side. As soon as your arm is up like that I'm slipping out toward your elbow and punishing your ribs and kidney. Seriously look into real defenses instead of gimmick forearm smashing...

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    3/14/2007 4:59pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    That's retarded. A forearm into the neck on a short in-fighter (like me) is just a message to KO you with hooks and knees to that side. As soon as your arm is up like that I'm slipping out toward your elbow and punishing your ribs and kidney. Seriously look into real defenses instead of gimmick forearm smashing...
    WTF are you talking about? I'm talking about in boxing, if you aren't allowed to really work the clinch w/ knees/elbows/etc... when a shorter fighter tucks their head and bulls in on you then using the forearm to push their head further down, making it more difficult for the to swing at your head is a good way to control them when they are in close. Then you can throw uppercuts because you have their head forced down. Either you misunderstood what I was talking about or you are stupid. I'm happy either way.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 12:09am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF are you talking about? I'm talking about in boxing, if you aren't allowed to really work the clinch w/ knees/elbows/etc... when a shorter fighter tucks their head and bulls in on you then using the forearm to push their head further down, making it more difficult for the to swing at your head is a good way to control them when they are in close. Then you can throw uppercuts because you have their head forced down. Either you misunderstood what I was talking about or you are stupid. I'm happy either way.

I'm not really sure I'm picturing what it is you're talking about. Clarify please?
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 8:02am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I supose I havent really thought about trying to work with clinches on him. Usually I use my quickness and rotation while we are fighting inside, pop out every now and again and do a few 1-2s before we're back on the inside. When I get tired, I fall back to the ropes where I'm comfortable to take a rest.

Wish I knew how to clinch better though, seems like I've only been in 3-5 clinches my whole life.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 10:22am

Style: The Sweet Science

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm short and stocky so pretty much everyone that's any where near my weight class is taller than me, When I get in close I like to throw hooks and uppercuts to the body; kill the body and the head will die. I don't think trying to push my head down with your forearm isn't going to do anyting but expose your ribs and stomach to abuse. You might want to use it to push me away from you, but this idea doesn't really make sense to me.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    3/18/2007 12:57am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry man, being a tall guy that has sparred with guys much shorter I can attest that this doesn't work real well (as long as i'm understanding your meaning). As soon as you put that one arm out you're asking for body shots. Yes, you can thow an uppercut, but if they bull their neck properly you're not going to be able to budge them down much at all, and they can easily block an uppercut with one arm while pounding away at a kidney or your liver WHICH TOTALLY SUCKS. If you're tall, and the guy is a a shorter, in-fighter your best bet is to throw a ****-ton of jabs to keep them back until you can hit them with something more powerful.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2007 3:17pm

Style: Boxing, Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think what kintanon is suggesting is a more exaggerated movement, where you place your hand on the back of your opponents neck and push their head down to around waist level.

Haven't ever tried it myself, but it may be workable.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/18/2007 8:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nezha
    I think what kintanon is suggesting is a more exaggerated movement, where you place your hand on the back of your opponents neck and push their head down to around waist level.

Haven't ever tried it myself, but it may be workable.
    The scenario in that picture is completely different from what Kintanon was describing. That is by no means a defensive maneuver.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast