Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2007 4:30am

Style: Wrestling, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I havent ruptured my ACL (but i will post my experiences anyway because being included in cool groups does great things for my self esteem) so cant comment on that but did severly strain my patella tendons in both my knees. About 2 months of physio and a year of pain whenever attempted to run or weights but fortunately both knees are a ok. Morale of the story dont run through injuries.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    3/12/2007 4:58am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't have anything useful for you mate but I just thought I'd wish you a speedy recovery.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    5/06/2011 1:24pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excuse bumping my own thread but this is my first post in 3 years...
    They fixed my knee good but I never did martial arts again.

However I got myself a sick custom knee brace, carbon fibre and titanium. Went snowboarding again for the first time in years and trashed myself silly in the snowpark, and bruised everything... but the right knee was fine.

So now I'm wondering. Should I start Judo again? I'd only do it if I could wear the brace.

Posted On:
    5/06/2011 5:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the fix was so good why aren't you doing MA anymore?
    Still wearing a brace years after surgery?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2011 7:27am

Style: Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tore my ACL about two years ago. When I finally went to have surgery, the surgeon made me reconsider taking it due to his opinion after rechecking my leg that it was stable without it.
    Decided not to take the surgery, 2 weeks later i reinjured it playing basketball. Now I regret not taking it.

Should schedule a new one. :/

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    5/07/2011 10:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    If the fix was so good why aren't you doing MA anymore?
    I work in construction. Can't risk another injury. I'm not risking losing my livelihood so I can piss around in pyjamas, fun though that is.
    Still wearing a brace years after surgery?
    Only for snowboarding/skiing, as you would know if you could read.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your help and advice.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    5/07/2011 10:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by urasj View Post
    I tore my ACL about two years ago. When I finally went to have surgery, the surgeon made me reconsider taking it due to his opinion after rechecking my leg that it was stable without it.
    Decided not to take the surgery, 2 weeks later i reinjured it playing basketball. Now I regret not taking it.

Should schedule a new one. :/
    It worked well for me, but I stuck to the prehab and rehab program from my physio. The rehab lasted a whole year before I was at full strength again. Daily workouts, a lot of commitment needed.
    It may also be possible to get to near full-strength through physio alone... worth considering, especially if you have to pay for the op.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2011 11:11am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a fellow judoka tore her left ACL about a month ago. we're all newbies and there's a competition coming august, do you think she'll be able to recover by then?

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    5/07/2011 11:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Masaka! View Post
    a fellow judoka tore her left ACL about a month ago. we're all newbies and there's a competition coming august, do you think she'll be able to recover by then?
    If it's a full rupture then definitely not. For a partial tear, I don't know, she needs to see a doctor and/or physiotherapist.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2011 8:44am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    she already had surgery and has a sick leg brace. apparently she says she'll be back in action in a few months but my seniors are doubting if she can improve in time for next year's competitions (march/april).
    btw, noob as in "picking up ukemi and kuzushi" level noobness
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast