Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    3/25/2007 10:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People die from stab wounds. I'm not talking about him dropping the knife and killing somebody as it falls off a tall building and penetrates the top of an innocent bystanders skull. I'm talking about the case where a college-age kid who has almost certainly never been in a knife fight before and has received no training in preparation for pulls out a knife to try and fight with it.
    None of that is accidental. Most people are surrounded by objects that could be used as lethal weapons all day long, but they somehow get through the day without accidentally killing anyone by overreacting or otherwise. Most human beings aren't the raging emotional cauldrons a lot of people like to think we are.

Why does anybody need a 'permanent stopper' for self defence purposes ?
    Because I don't want to get attacked again when he decides he feels better. Also, because the most "permanent stoppers" are for the most part also the most reliable stoppers.
    A TASER was suggested, for instance. A TASER works in bursts of a few seconds. Afterwards, most people feel drained and exhausted, but they are not actually stopped from getting right back up and finishing whatever the TASER interrupted in the first place. This is why police officers use a TASER when a subject can be dog-piled immediately by more cops--but they still carry guns.
    Well, here, anyway.

We're not talking about knives as a tool here, we're talking about Pat looking for one as his
    son's primary means of self-defence
    Yes, and I was giving a good reason why a knife is a good weapon to carry--because it is NOT just a weapon.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/31/2007 1:42am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    In the squares of the city, In the shadow of a steeple;
    By the relief office, I'd seen my people.
    As they stood there hungry, I stood there asking,
    Is this land made for you and me?
    As I went walking, I saw a sign there,
    And on the sign there, It said "no trespassing."
    But on the other side, it didn't say nothing!
    That side was made for you and me.
    *sniffs* Gee, Codos, you're my new best friend.

And good thoughts Don Gwinn.

His primary self defense would be his brain, secondary his martial arts knowledge, and last choice would be to slice the mother fucker up. I've never used a knife in sd, and I've been in a few sd situations - but often I carry a blade and if I needed it, I hope I can kill 'em quickly. Because if I think I'd need a blade, it's going to be life or death. So far just a good side kick to the chest to drop the moron on his ass has been adequate - that gives 'em time to think about their chances fighting while they lie there thinking "what the **** just happened? That guy hit me and I'm on the ground feeling like ****."

So I hope and pray (believe it or not I do go to church every fucking sunday) that he and I and the rest of my family and loved ones NEVER have to use martial arts in sd, but if we ever do, I want to WIN, and win very fast. Be it with foot, fist, stick, knife, gun, bazooka, bomb, or in one case, my old pickup truck vs some rednecks in a shiny red transam (they wisely chickened out once they realized that I had nothing to lose compared to their expensive beautiful machine).
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 3/31/2007 1:48am at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 1:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, check out what i just found:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/9265/
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789