Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2002 8:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For somereason i always thought this gung fu style was NOT for fighting.. i thought it was some northern style that the monks created to stay healthy.. Recently i came across this site

http://www.ortizacademy.com

which claims to be not only a 7 star mantis school.. but Thai boxing, fitness kickboxing ECT.

MCdojo or not? From what i saw from the instructor demos it looks more like chinese dancing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2002 9:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    does not look too bad.........unless he is lying.
    also when they list the benifits they say nothing about self defense. is this school in your area? if it is check it out and see if it is the real deal

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    10/03/2002 9:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From http://www.ortizacademy.com/learn/faq.html

This no-nonsense style is noted for its practicality. As mentioned above, it is a complete fighting art which uses all of the martial arts techniques. By using leverage, pressure points, and joint locks, a mantis practitioner can swiftly defeat a larger, stronger opponent. Mantis kung fu covers long, middle and close range fighting. The focus is always on quick, effective techniques, not on showy maneuvers. For instance, kicks are mostly low, as they are faster and more practical than higher kicks. By following up one strike with 3 or 4 more strikes, a mantis practitioner will end a fight quickly, as his or her opponent is not allowed time to recover. Hidden attacks are often used, for example, a mantis student will distract an opponent with a strike to the head, while the true attack will really be a kick to the leg.

My favorite thing about all McDojo FAQ's is the obligatory "Can women learn martial arts?" question. Just once, I'd like to see them say "Nope. Their boobs get in the way."

Edited by - Boyd on October 03 2002 21:34:41
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    10/03/2002 9:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ooh, I just noticed this, too:

Sifu Ortiz is a strong advocate of Chinese Kung Fu in the United States, as well as one of the nation’s top kung fu competitors. He was ranked 9th in the country in 1991, and rated 1st in New York State. He held the title of New York State Kung Fu Champion for 13 years. Sifu Ortiz is a former member of Team USA 1996, which represented the United States in the Pan Am Games in Manzanillo, Mexico. He has also been a member of the following competitive teams:

§ ”Miller Lite” National Karate Team
    § N.E.M.A.C. Karate and Kung Fu Team
    § ”United International Kung Fu Federation” National Team
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    10/03/2002 10:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ROFL. Being on the National Karate Team for a domestic beer proves he <double entendre>"waters down"</double entendre> his martial arts. Now, if it were Guinness National Karate Team, then it might be a different story.

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by - Mercurius on October 03 2002 22:26:58
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2002 10:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha. but for real do you think 7 star mantis is a legit style?

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/04/2002 9:24am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    7 star is a legit syle of kung fu. Now I can speak for this guy if he is a legit instructor (because I don't know him or seen him), but the system is real. As for being sponsored by a Beer company, aren't some boxing matches sponsored by beer companies?

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Fig Newtons are fruit and cake, suckah.

Posted On:
    10/05/2002 1:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Buffalo Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's nothing wrong with being sponsered by a bear company, you now how many companies are trying to make disney products and disney owns Vivid Video. As long after the match he isn't going "Now it's time for a nice refreshing Miller Lite" "ahhhhh, that hit the spot."

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals
    Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 5:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I

Just called his dojo's number disconnected not a good sign. However 7 start praying mantis is an awesome self defense art and even after all these years no matter what type of fighter street, or martial artist it is ready for eaither or... like with anything else if you constantly train it is awesome. Single or multiple unaremed or armed good stuff. Just make sure you get a great teacher

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 5:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    O rly? Disconnected eh? Maybe that's because it's 5 fucking years old.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast