Posted On:
    4/04/2007 10:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by "Ric Wu" on 4/4/07
    Don

I will see to it that the USMTA website is corrected as to what is written regarding my bio. I have been involved with many instructors in the past some of them for a very short period of time while others I trained under for a long period. I have NEVER nor will I begin questioning anyone who offers me knowledge as to who or what they are. Benedict Bastos was my friend and I came to know him as someone I could trust, I know the person he studied from in Brazil was named Alfonzo Santos I know this because he was at his wedding as his best man when he married Barbara. This Alfonzo Santos guy was back then in his mid to late 30's he had a photo album with him of him and Benedict when Benedict was younger training in Brazil with several other people doing grappling there was also a black belt names Damingo something if i remember right who was a black belt in a Japanese Jiu Jitsu system that taught there also. I'm trying my best to find Barbara Botts and let her get in touch with you and let her tell you about Benedict and maybe she can tell you where to find him now.
    I know that Barbara was a close friend of Benedict and that he had instructed her and her brother privately for sometime before I came to know Benedict.

He had taught 5 - 6 people in the apartment complex where we lived at weight/health center
    I had come to know him from there and had invited him to Mr. Nguyen school. about 6 months later is when Benedict and Barbara were married .

As far as the Gracie's go I do not ever remember anyone mentioning ever having studied with the Gracie's I know that Alfonzo once told me that he had fought one of Brazils best JiuJitsu people in a beach fight and got pounded but that was all anyone ever said about that. The reason it came up is I had asked him what was the worse butt kicking he ever had ? That was his reply. I also know that Benedict's first martial arts instructor was his dad who taught him Capoeira.

Ric
    No reply to this one except the URL of this thread--I don't want to be the relay forever!

The bold portion is a stark admission: "Please scam me! I kind of enjoy it!" Weird.

Does Alfonzo Santos ring any bells? Not for me, but I'm far from being an expert on BJJ lineages. Mr. Sniffen cannot claim he was duped by anyone regarding Santos, since he says he knew him personally. I'm guessing he exists and may be Brazilian, but given our track record with Mr. Sniffen so far I'm skeptical as to whether he'll turn out to be a black belt in BJJ. Remember, Bastes/Bastos supposedly graded Sniffen to 2nd degree, which should mean he was at least third. Since Santos presumably was the teacher who promoted Bastes, that makes Santos at least a 4th-degree black belt in BJJ.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 10:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Debstay's first post
    I am just an internet researcher who studies child abductions, and that's how I ran across all his info. I saw this site & decided to post....Thanks for listening.
    Hmmm . . . . that was pretty dumb. Sorry. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 10:49pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, there's Fabio Santos, Carlao Santos, Ronaldo "Jacare" Santos, there's a lot. Dont think I've seen an Alfonzo/Alfonso Santos though.

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 10:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    deleted
    Last edited by debstay; 4/04/2007 11:27pm at . Reason: want to delete for liability reasons

Posted On:
    4/04/2007 11:25pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    deleted
    Last edited by debstay; 4/04/2007 11:28pm at . Reason: want to delete for liablity reasons

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 2:36am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a little concerned about "debstay"'s motives here, Child Abduction Researcher? Creepy much?

As with regards to "Krum" Sniffen, this "Oh I donít know" then "I can remember" then "Oh yeah wait, his name was Santos and he showed me loads of photo's of him training Bastes when in brazil (so he aint fake, rite?) And like also had a fight with Rickson, and obviously lost (well thatís what I am trying to imply).

Like we're all gonna turn around and go "Wow! A Beach fight! Alarms down guys, this guy is teh realness,Ē

No proof at all so far except for some badly spelled names and inconsistencies within HIS OWN emails.

I thought Barbara wasn't a "close friend" of Bastes, but actually his WIFE?!?!
    Last edited by Red Sauce; 4/05/2007 2:48am at .

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 8:19am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Sauce
    I am a little concerned about "debstay"'s motives here, Child Abduction Researcher? Creepy much?

As with regards to "Krum" Sniffen, this "Oh I donít know" then "I can remember" then "Oh yeah wait, his name was Santos and he showed me loads of photo's of him training Bastes when in brazil (so he aint fake, rite?) And like also had a fight with Rickson, and obviously lost (well thatís what I am trying to imply).

Like we're all gonna turn around and go "Wow! A Beach fight! Alarms down guys, this guy is teh realness,Ē

No proof at all so far except for some badly spelled names and inconsistencies within HIS OWN emails.

I thought Barbara wasn't a "close friend" of Bastes, but actually his WIFE?!?!
    I shouldn't have posted here....Sorry

I live in Arlington, TX where 9 yr old Amber Hagerman was abducted in 1996, and since that time I have been researching various child abductions, etc in an effort to help try & solve. I was intrigued with Sniffen due to the recent abduction of Marissa Graham in Texhoma, OK since he teaches martial arts to her.

It worries me that someone apparently very dishonest (Sniffen) is entrusted with the care of children at his martial arts school, and makes me suspect about what else he might be dishonest about.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 9:35am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by debstay
    I shouldn't have posted here....Sorry

I live in Arlington, TX where 9 yr old Amber Hagerman was abducted in 1996, and since that time I have been researching various child abductions, etc in an effort to help try & solve. I was intrigued with Sniffen due to the recent abduction of Marissa Graham in Texhoma, OK since he teaches martial arts to her.

It worries me that someone apparently very dishonest (Sniffen) is entrusted with the care of children at his martial arts school, and makes me suspect about what else he might be dishonest about.
    Don't worry man. The fact is, a lot of people come on here with a personal grudge against variuos martial artists and try to use the site and it's memebers as a means of getting back at said martial artists. It happens more often then you would think. I hope you continue posting here.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    4/06/2007 11:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We're always a little suspicious; don't take it personally. Almost as common as a third party with a grudge is to have the subject of a discussion show up or send a proxy to say some inflammatory stuff against the subject (assuming that this means we're all buddies now, since Bullshido is only a bunch of knuckle-draggers united in hatred of decent people) and eventually try to derail the investigation.
    Do a search for posts by the username "Mantis" to see a classic example.

First five posts:
    "This guy is obviously fake! And evil! We hate him, don't we guys?!"
    (This from a guy with no prior posts at Bullshido.)

Next five posts:
    "Guys, I don't know what to tell you, but I checked him out very thoroughly and he's legit. He really does teach underprivileged kids the gospel and ninjutsu, and he can really throw a chi ball. It's really quite beautiful. I think he might be a prophet for realz."

Last 100 posts:
    "I wanted to help you people, but you're all just out to destroy a great man. I didn't teach all those homeless retards Christian ninjutsu just so you could tear . . . . um. . . . him down with your jealousy. Yeah, him . . . . that's the ticket."
    Last edited by Don Gwinn; 4/07/2007 12:01am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2007 2:31pm

Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I'd like to see the discussion turn back to our subject, Ric Sniffen. Don, thank you for being his 'spirit medium' lol. :) I notice that his original assertion of a japanese instructor for Bastes has changed, unless 'santos' is actually a Japanese name; more troubling is claiming to be a police officer, when you're not. Has anyone asked him about these problems, specifically?

If anyone has an email address for the USMTA, they should really be made aware of the controversy surrounding this guy - I'd especially like to see their reaction when they learn that he was 'assigned by bangkok to oversee problems with the usmta', lol
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast