Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2007 9:42am

Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still hoping to hear Ric's explanation of Benedict Bastes, and his Japanese instructor!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 3:12pm

Style: TKD BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by William Clark
    I think you have me confused with someone who's wife had a baby. I will ask Ric about his Black Belt in BJJ next time I see him.
    So.....any word on your conversation with Ric Sniffen re: his BJJ BB?

Posted On:
    3/26/2007 9:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will see Ris Sniffen in Oklahoma City on April 28, 07 at USMTA Pro-Am event and will ask him then about Benedict Bastes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 8:51pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The smell of horse manure is strong here. As of 2001-ish his training history mentions nothing of Muay Thai OR BJJ.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

Dont miss the fact he said he trained 20 active ninjas on that page.

Unless he is BJ Penn, homie probably would need the standard 8-10 years at least to get his black belt. So the BJJ black is almost certainly a crock of pigeon excretion. He probably has a "black" under that guy's system, and he trained some BJJ under that guy although I'm sure he's happy to leave the impression he's a BJJ black belt.

Also somehow within the last 5-6 years he managed to COMPLETELY take a different direction than his decades of traditional MA....and train boxing and muay thai (in both the US and Thailand), amass a boxing record, achieve Kru status in Muay Thai. ALL THAT WHILE GETTING A 2ND DEGREE BJJ BLACK.

Hmm, may be a poorly kept bio, or may be BS. No way of knowing until we start making inquiries to Fairtex and Pontawee.

But the BJJ black is baloney. And there's very little trace of Benedict Bastes.
    Last edited by Arclight; 3/28/2007 8:55pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 9:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bio as of 2001

Grand Master Ric Sniffen began his career in Martial Arts at age 4, in the New York Budokan under the direction of Hanshi Minoru and Hanshi W. Sniffen, in the art of Zen Combat Karate. He earned the rank of Rokudan (6th degree Black Belt) in 1985 along witth the title of Kyoshi (Instructor).

Our Founder
    GRAND MASTER SNIFFEN
    Grand Master Sniffen also studied the arts of Yudo, Moo Duk Kwan and Hapkido under Master J.P. Sang, earning his 5th degree Black Belt in 1992. He trained in Cambodian Boxing under Phuc Tran and the Chinese Art of Wing Chun Gung Fu under Sifu Leung and David Leung. He was a student of Monk Q. Ling and William Wu in the Art of Five Family Fist. He is a cerified instructor in both arts.

Grand Master Sniffen operates Dojangs in Texhoma, OK; Goodwell, OK; and Guymon, OK. He has students operating schools in Norman, OK; Ponca City, OK; Houston, TX, New York City, NY and Miami, FL.
    At the age of 7, he was introduced to Grand Master Kim H. Lee, the Golden Tiger of Heaju. Grand Master Lee instructed him in the arts of Keupsu Chirgi (pressure points), Kung Joong Moo Sool Royal Palace Martial Art, and Soo Bak Do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 11:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay. We're on to another one here guys. First claim 0wned (of many likely to follow). Email received from Anthony Lin of Fairtex:

"Paul,

Thank you for sending me your email. The fact below is incorrect as I do not teach any students by the name of Ric Sniffen. I am not an instructor but President & CEO of Fairtex Group.

We will have our attorneys contact Mr. Sniffen regarding this false information.

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me via email at anthony@fairtex.com.

Best regards,

Anthony Lin

www.fairtex.com"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 12:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also keep in mind. Tong Yaleh is dead I believe. No trace of his other Thai instructors or this "Lopuri Gym" or of Pontawee Camp/Gym. No such boxing gym in El Paso is currently around. Basically there's no part of his boxing, muay thai, or BJJ credentials that seem verifiable because the gyms and instructors cannot be found or are dead.

The one findable person he claimed to train under, Anthony Lin of Fairtex, has no idea who he is even after seeing his name and picture.

As for his boxing record, well, that should be quickly checkable with the Texas Dept. of Licensing & Regulation. Unless they were all secret nonsanctioned matches, or gym matches, etc. etc.
    Last edited by Arclight; 3/30/2007 12:48pm at .

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 12:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ouch!

I think it's time to invite Kru Sniffen to join us on this thread, don't you?

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just moved from El Paso after living there for two and a half years. I know of most of the boxing gyms there and Southwest Boxing Academy does sound familiar. Truth be told there were a lot of boxing gyms there, with a large number of them being some guys garage. It's pretty difficult to track gyms down in the city since only a few of them are listed on line.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/30/2007 3:46pm

Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phuc Tran is a Vietnamese name, but then again, he could be a Viet living in Cambodia teaching Pradhal Serey... where would he have studied Cambodian Boxing... what village, and what fights has he been in? Any amateur in cambodia has been in the ring at least once... smells like Fish Sauce
    Last edited by Trubble; 3/31/2007 9:28am at .
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast