U.S. Army

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 3:13am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [thread necromancy]

Any updates? I know some people who train with "descendants" of Mr. Sniffen, so I'd be intrigued to discover what else may have arisen from other folks' investigatory efforts...

[/thread necromancy]

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 1:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, first post

I just tried to put up a semi-lengthy post with links and the like, but the short version is if you look up Mr. Sniffen's biography he now lists an extensive fight record and a host of championships won in the 80s.

Also by googling his name a page comes up detailing his supposed recent 1st round dismantling of somebody to win the New Mexico MMA Senior Heavyweight Championship. I haven't found anything else about the belt or the event.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    1/05/2010 9:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, a blast from the past.

USMTA, I appreciate your offer to help. Thank you. Forgive my directness, but who are you? An officer with the USMTA?

I'm sure others will have other questions, but I'd like to hear which specific allegations against Mr. Sniffen were investigated and found invalid, and particularly what evidence was presented and found not to be factual. That statement suggests to me that someone made an allegation to the USMTA about Mr. Sniffen, presented evidence, and was found to have falsified that evidence. I'd like to know who brought the false allegations, how the falsehoods were discovered, and what the consequences were for the accuser.
    Thanks again for your help.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 7:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, jeez. I fell for the thread necromancy. USMTA hasn't been here for seven months, has he? Brilliant. I'm going to shut up for a moment now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 5:55pm

Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a lot of the links to his earliest bios (tinyurl, tft productions) seem defunct now. Anyone save copies of the original texs?

:)

Posted On:
    8/08/2011 1:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [justified Necro]

From the bio at http://wkfsouthamerica.blogspot.com/...w-wkf-usa.html
    Oklahoma City, USA; with immediate effect we have a new World Kickboxing Federation USA president. Mr. “Ajarn” Ric SNIFFEN from Oklahoma City is our respected president.
    Mr. Sniffen is well known in Muay Thai in USA, Executive vice president in United States Muay Thai Association www.usmta.com and National Chief Executive Officer for the League of Nations and Native American League.
    He is a former World Champion Open Class Division in Muay Chaat Cherk / Mixed Martial Arts has fought and won the ICSA MMA World Championship in 2008 his last fight. He is now retired with a professional record of 124 wins 47 losses and 63 knock-outs 2 draws.
    Furthermore he is also the World Panmahia Association ( Pankration ) US President and World Vice President, WMAA World Vice President and US President, International Moo Chon Ji Kwan Federation President and finally the International Nippon Ryukyu Kaishu Ki Kempo Federation World President.

He hold the rank of Arjarn ( Master – Teacher ) in Thai and Cambodian Arts, KukSaNim ( Korean Master Instructor ) in Korean Arts, Kyoshi in Japanese Arts and Rokudan 6th degree Black Belt and SiGung in Chinese Arts.

Ric is also the owner of SakSitHaawk Pontawee Camp International with gyms in 8 countries and 7 US States with over 2000 students. Teaching traditional arts like Muay Thai, Muay Chaat Cherk, Muay Pram and Pradal Serey as well as other arts.
    For 8 countries, 7 states, and 2000+ students, wouldn't there be more than 1 Linkdin connection?
    Spoiler:

The fight record seems to swell, w/o any fights.
    professional record of 124 wins 47 losses and 63 knock-outs 2 draws.
    Here it's 112 -53 -2
    Spoiler:

Here (below) it's 52 - 11 - 3
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2011 3:10pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "ICSA MMA World Championship in 2008"

Appears to be another BS claim.
    -Only ICSA show in Sherdog is one in Ohio. Ohio AC has nobody named Sniffen on current OR past am or pro registrations. Promotion doesnt seem to be around anymore.
    -There is another ICSA, International Combative Sports Association, a paper-thin sanctioning organization that is not around anymore, that provided "sanctioning" for a show in Canada.

See the pattern? The guy claims championships, certifications, and tutelage under people or organizations that are dead, defunct, and otherwise not traceable. Or made up like Bastos.

The one active person/org he claimed tutelage under, Anthony Lin at Fairtex, got shot down quickly esp since Anthony isnt even an instructor.

How this guy can operate, self-promote to Ajarn, and promote Kru's underneath him is crazy. Not to mention the new Chuck Liddell knockoff haircut and facial hair.

:)

Posted On:
    8/08/2011 3:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that a police badge he's wearing? Was he ever found to have actually been a cop. Earlier in the thread (years earlier lol), someone said he wasn't. I'll read back again.

and what's with showing what appears to be a belt for one Robin Sniffen next to his pic, in the bio for him?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2011 7:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bobyclumsyninja:

Answers.

It's not his belt clearly. Hell it's not even a member of the actual Sniffen bloodline.
    It's his wife Robin "Ankou" Currie. Aka Robin Sniffen.

Check out the FB page for one of his schools and do some reading:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Master...15863991806402

If you can stomach Fake Kru Ric's pontificating and signing of his name preceded by KukSaNim all the time, you'll see that Robin's his wife if you read through everything.

Anyway so it's awfully weird he claims the open class title that apparently is attributed to his wife on that belt. Just another thing about the guy that makes ya go WTF.

Ric's Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/rsniffen1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2011 6:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kru_Kawalski View Post
    So, what you're saying is that the usmta, wma, wmtc, btbc are all phony Muay Thai groups?
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but quit hatin homies. This has become childish.
    This is a nice try however you really should look at the serious factual issues with your buddy/mentor/instructor's background.

If this is Joseph Kawalski then for the sake of disclosure you should probably state that the reason you're posting support of Ric Sniffen is because in fact your instructorship is certified under Ric and his organization.

Does it not concern you that Ric's background actually cannot be verified, he claims fake titles, fake pro fight experience, and also he has claimed blatantly false and made up training experience (i.e. under Anthony Lin at Fairtex - Anthony has never been an instructor)?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12 LastLast