Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2007 7:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just found this: http://www.shaolin-wahnam.org/wkk.html

Includes such gems as:

Later that year, he publicly demonstrated sending chi up to the sky to disperse clouds!
    I'm sorry I wasted everyone's time with this thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2007 4:12pm

Style: Yon Mu Kwan Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mut Sao
    I have read a part of one of his books, not impressed in the slightest....

on the southern styles only being able to go back 3-4 gens, not sure i agree with that the chow gar is 9th generation currently (give or take)
    I would have to go with what you are sharing as I can't represent myself as any sort of CMA authority. What I have experienced for myself is that once I start to move backwards in time regarding any one particular tradition it seems that it is only three or four generations at most before

a.) a person is found to have mixed a couple of traditions to produce something "new",
    b.) trained under some unidentified personality or been generally associated with an institution, or
    c.) had his foundation in a familiy or village tradition whose originas are no longer known.

Most people I know who have studied a tradition can tell you pretty much about where its from and what its about. When things start getting vague as to persons, places and things I start looking at my watch and wondering how I could be better using my time. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2007 4:24pm

Style: pak mei

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if it sounds to good it usually isnt , this proves it .

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 2:07pm

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That video was just a demonstration of a principle, not a real fighting situation. I'm not going to try to change anyone's mind, but Wong Kiew Kit does have skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 2:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    l just really read his website and he may have some skill . but his site reads like a old saying bullshit baffles brains . theres a lot of unsubstaniated claims . his demo of skill isnt impressive as is his claims . l still say if it sounds to good it usually is. to convince me l would like to see him cross hands with one of my students.. this is my opinion and l stick with it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 10:50pm

Style: Yon Mu Kwan Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hui_Xiu
    That video was just a demonstration of a principle, not a real fighting situation. I'm not going to try to change anyone's mind, but Wong Kiew Kit does have skill.
    I'm not sure thats altogether the question. If I am following these posts at all well, I think the question is the nature of that skill. It would probably help to have some objective third party who had crossed pathes with this individual and could speak with some authority about what they experienced. Self-reports are usually not very reliable nor are the reports of folks who are beholden such as students or organizational members. Does anyone have any independent sources to draw on? Thoughts?

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 10:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no third party sources for anything. The only thing I am saying is from watching Wong Kiew Kit, you can see that he has skill, also by reading his books, his theory is sensible.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 11:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    l am giving you some advice with all due respect. l have been practicing and teaching for twice as long as you been alive. books are to make money not educate for the most part. as to watching what he does l have seen all kinds of things done in the name of martial arts. to a person with not a lot of knowledge is easy to be fooled. and l have seen some that fooled some with more experience than your self. l believe someone said he needs to be judged by someone with a good deal more experience than your self. also if it sounds to good it usually is. l havent said this to belittle you as everyone starts out the same but l suggest you be more suspicous of people who claim so much. as to theories they are just that.

Posted On:
    3/28/2007 11:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what is needed to judge if a teacher is legitimate?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2007 12:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    one thing is a lineage that can be checked out as to these people one claims ever exsisted , also his claims of what he can do has ever been seen by someone who can be believed. a family line thats so complicated that its near to impossible to find a real begining or ending is s good hint of fruad. his claims appear to be quite incredible which is usually a sign. the history of shaolin quite often is used by someone who hopes you dont check it out however long it may take. thats good for a starter. theres been many numbers of fruads in h.k. china as well as in north america that were chinese . my sifu always said that in h.k. there probably more than in north america, but then again that was probably more than 30 years ago when it was said.now its probably more. be less inclined to believe just because hes oriental . see in the early years in my life if someone opened up hed get challenged to see if he was real , if not hed be gone . now they use lawyers so its harder to close them down .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast