Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/18/2007 3:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me. Well not to my kids, not yet anyway. This kid has been sparring with his dad since forever. He'll be fine. What do you think the Gracie household was like growing up? The boys probably had to make dad submit before they could open their X-mas presents.

Posted On:
    3/18/2007 3:38pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexKwonDo
    Me. Well not to my kids, not yet anyway. This kid has been sparring with his dad since forever. He'll be fine. What do you think the Gracie household was like growing up? The boys probably had to make dad submit before they could open their X-mas presents.
    You beat children? Im sure its not as bad as im imagining this to be.

Lol "The Gracie family christmas"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2007 3:51pm

Style: JKD BJJ JUDO MUY THAI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At my school the adults class is for 13 and over. The kids class is necessary for my school to exist. There are 25 kid students compared to maybe 9 adults. The kids by the time they get to the adults are usually pretty sound fundamentally. Soon as my son turns 4 next year I plan on enrolling him in the kids class.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/18/2007 4:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Child Abuse

No. I don't abuse my kids. :eatbaby: But if my son gets to the point where he's willing to step into the ring with me, or any other adult, he better be prepared to take the hit. No sense in pussyfooting around with him. How does that help? I mean I'm not going to whole hog on him, but I'm not going to mollycoddle him either.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 4:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's wrong with teaching kids? Why not teach anyone who wants to learn. The people who piss me off in class are assholes. Usually the same kinds of assholes that start threads about not teaching kids.

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 1:57pm

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing wrong with teaching kids as long as they are old enough to actually learn it (I.E., they are not 3 years old). This is how they pay bills. Granted, I get sick of having to wade through the sea of parents watching their kids when I'm trying to get my shoes and leave after a workout, but other than that it doesn't really affect anything I'm doing. Without kids classes, I imagine the dojo would need to charge more money to make ends meet, especially if it's a smaller place.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 3:10pm

Style: American Karate,TSD,KFSS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My belief is better to train young then not at all. I have kids at my school, although the class times are different then the adults. Yes they pay this bills, since I only teach 3 nights a week.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 2:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: YWR

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have kids at our school. The ones whose parents are OK with them being undisciplined don't last long. We take 'em from 6 up; most move to the adult training classes at 13, move to adult sparring when ready. Oh, and the kids and adults are NOT in the same class at the same time with one exception: on Saturdays the advanced belt kids can go to the adult class.

I teach one of the kids' classes and we have fun but we work. And the fun is on my terms, not theirs.

In many cases, the kids who act up the worst are the ones who need MA the most. They love the hard-ass teachers more than the easier ones. We have parents all the time thanking us for their kids doing better in school, having more respect at home and that sort of thing. It can help if it's done right.

yes....

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 2:41pm

Style: drunken bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    omg... watching the kid videos...

*dies of cuteness overdose*

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    6/25/2007 4:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What Ming said on page 1 is true,cut out kids classes and you have to pay twice as much.

Kids can be annoying,but i see no problem if you schedule kids and adult classes in a sensible way.
    Sometimes they make me do kids classes but they end up crying (seriously).
    Uncle Lebell is serious about a good education and being 11 is no excuse to **** around.
    At my school we get the kids from the less rich neighbourhoods,their parents use the school as daycare.
    Like in America its not allowed her to smack children,but if you are a bit clumsy and tackle a kid its all an accident ofcourse.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789