Thread: Hello Everyone

Style
    none yet
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello Everyone

Hi, new to the boards and the sport. I am currently trying to locate a training facility and came across the site. I hope to listen and learn for a while...

GhostOfKimura
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BULL RUSH ON SlikSak!!!

Here's looking at you, squid. Join us... or die
    Style
    Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the boards, sliksak (interesting name, by the way). What are you looking for, martial arts-wise?
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Style
    none yet
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Probaly the same as most of the newbs, mma. I am trying to find a place in the Jacksonville/gainesville florida area that is reputable, thorough, and aggressive in their training.

Bullrush huh? :laughing7

Style
    Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a bot - don't worry too much about it.

Most of the bullrushing comes outside of Newbietown.

Any MA or fight experience?
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."

Style
    none yet
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No Martial Arts experience to speak of. I have fought before, just not in the ring. Past jobs have required this. Looking for an outlet and more motivation to stay in shape. I am approaching the ripe age of 30 and kinda have a goal to compete by then. Currently I am 27.

Style
    none yet
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and I see that you are in the Norht Florida area, where about?

Style
    Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tallahassee - I think there are someone other people here from Jax, but I can't remember who. I'll add a tag to the thread to try and attract some Jacksonville/Gainesville folks who can give you some local advice.

Style
    none yet
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I appreciate the help and the welcome!

Style
    Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My pleasure. Prepare for a rough ride, though - you need a thick skin to enjoy bullshido.