Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 3:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that would make a mess, Kintanon. You'd be cross-referencing threads, trying to find the old one, possibly quoting from the old one...I'd like to see every investigation limited to two threads. The meat (and potatoes) and then the marshmellow fluff that came with it.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 3:08pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would as well. I don't care if there's a 6 week gap where only fluff was posted and it all got culled, then the original poster comes back and adds some more stuff. I could care less if the thread died and was resurrected 100 times. I just want to be able to read through it without all of the "U R T3h Sux0r! H0w D0 Logic?!?!" stuff that is everywhere. I'm firmly in favor of the Crap Culled From concept as I originally stated. If you want to argue that your post was relevant you can do it in the Crap Culled thread without cluttering up the main thread. And really, if your post is ambiguously relevant maybe you should repost it to make your point more clearly?

Quick edit: That's "You" as in some hypothetical poster, Not "You" as in OnceLost.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 3:13pm

Style: BJJ, Debate-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The "Crap Culled From" thread idea is possibly the greatest idea I've ever heard about anything. Okay, maybe not that good, but it's good, and you Mods should seriously consider it.

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 3:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've suggested via PM and I will suggest here openly that Kinaton include that suggestion in the Legitimate Criticism of Bullshido thread.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 3:25pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Posted it over there. We'll see what kind of feedback it gets.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 3:30pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kohadril
    The "Crap Culled From" thread idea is possibly the greatest idea I've ever heard about anything. Okay, maybe not that good, but it's good, and you Mods should seriously consider it.
    Seriously, it has been done and is currently being done. Tom told you and now I have.

You guys need to stop worrying about old threads.

Sometimes a little trolling is okay. Should the whole rottie thing have been stopped? Possibly but, it serves a purpose now, IMO. It shows Mantis has an agenda. That's why YOU as posters need to use the report post button when you see off-topic posts.

If it gets stopped early then you don't have to read the crap.

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 3:33pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm talking about ongoing new investigations, not old threads. The same idea could be applied to the old threads. And I think it would be good to do so. But since I'm not privy to the current ideas the mods have for dealing with those threads I can't say whether my idea is better or worse than what they are currently thinking of.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12