Sponsored Links Spacer Image

shadow weight

Posted On:
    10/09/2003 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: yes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone read this book called Ready Set Go! Synergy Fitness ?

http://www.readysetgofitness.com/.

Human growth hormone is an interesting topic to me along with any way we can make our bodies better WITHOUT having to take on extra suppliments. I think I understand the basics without having read it and I'm wondering if a purchase would be worth it I guess.

I'm not yet 30 or anything but I guess I'm interested in starting to plan for it and curious how the current anaerobic activity I am in truly affects my body.

People on Amazon have given it good reviews too: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0971663386/qid=1065713276/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/002-8592551-0656047?v=glance&s=books&n=507846 (note if link to Amazon doesn't work do a search on Amazon for "Synergy Fitness")
    Now or never.

shadow weight

Posted On:
    10/09/2003 1:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah...

I should mention I found these fitness plans too. They are worth a look (need a PDF reader). Because of my MA training and what I do in the gym it would appear that with a bit of reorganizing I could adopt a level 4 or 5 plan.

http://www.readysetgofitness.com/plans.shtml

But I don't know if its WORTH the reorganizing or not. That's why I'm looking for feedback.

I know this forum doesn't get much traffic but if anyone else has played around with raising your own HGH through your fitness routine respond darnit!
    Now or never.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2003 4:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't really get this. How are you supposed to get your body release more hormones? Can you give me some more information? I've never heard of this stuff, so I can't really help you with it.

shadow weight

Posted On:
    10/09/2003 10:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is something new. To sum up the basis of the program (which I placed quotes around when I cut and pasted from the reviews):

"New medical discoveries show that you can significantly increase Human Growth Hormone (HGH) naturally. Very specific forms of exercise, some nutritional supplements, and adequate sleep, will increase levels of the hormone naturally, even in older people.

It is the synergistic effect of the total program, including weight training, proper diet and the combination of anaerobic and aerobic exercise that leads to fitness and an increase in the production of HGH.

Some interesting findings are that eating properly before and after exercise can either boost or inhibit growth hormone. For example, if you eat a Big Mac, fries and then go work out, and two hours afterwards, down the supersized coke or drink Gatorade, you can kiss results goodbye. The combination of high fat before and high sugar after exercise prevent the release of tiny amounts of growth hormone, which puts on muscle and improves athletic performance."

The target market of the book is those in middle age... BUT it is also for anyone who wants to have their bodies working in the best possible conidition -- that's what interests me.

If there is a way to release extra HGH then that means MORE muscle and possibly LESS aging effects that ALL of our bodies are gonig through.

Real or Bullshido?
    Now or never.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2003 10:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's interesting. So it's sort of like how you're supposed to have a input of protein after your workout to get maximum results?

What exactly is it supposed to do? Just burn more fat and promote more muscle?

shadow weight

Posted On:
    10/10/2003 8:05am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It appears to be part diet. But also the TYPES of activities of the program. The book has, I believe, a significant amount of test data where they ran a large test case of 27-year olds through the program and measured their Human Growth Hormone levels which seemed to INCREASE after taking the program.

Benefits of additional growth hormone may not JUST be limited to burning more fat and promoting more muscle.

If you can handle it read this medical abstract of a clinical study (there's several of them out there and why a wave of stupid HGH suppliment websites appeared).

http://www.hgh.tv/testosterone_articles/nation_institute_for_aging_testosterone.htm

The key points of the study were that the participants were given one of the following and studied:

1. Growth hormone plus placebo
    2. Testosterone plus placebo
    3. Growth hormone plus testosterone
    4. Placebo plus placebo

"Women were divided into four similar groups, the only difference being that estrogen plus progesterone was administered to women instead of testosterone.

The outcomes of the study (results) can be summarized as follows:

1. Total body weight did not change in any of the groups.

2. Lean body mass increased in both men and women who were on sex hormones alone (Testosterone in men, estrogen plus progesterone in women), or growth hormone alone, or both sex hormones and growth hormone. Lean body mass increased more in men on growth hormone plus testosterone, than on men who were on either of those hormones alone.

3. Strength was increased primarily by testosterone. Growth hormone had little or no effect on strength by itself, and estrogen plus progesterone had no effect on strength in women.

4. Aerobic capacity was primarily boosted by growth hormone. Testosterone improved aerobic capacity ever so slightly, but growth hormone improved it substantially. Interestingly, the combination of growth hormone and testosterone were again additive, meaning those on both hormones did better than those on either hormone alone.

5. Women on estrogen and progesterone did not reduce body fat. Men on testosterone reduced body fat by 3-5%. Men and Women on growth hormone reduced body fat by 14%. Once again, testosterone and growth hormone were additive. Men on both of these hormones decreased body fat by 17-18%.

6. LDL (bad cholesterol) was reduced in those on growth hormone. Total cholesterol also came down in the growth hormone groups, and the ratio of total cholesterol to HDL (coronary risk ratio) also declined, indicating less risk for heart attack.

7. No benefit of testosterone on cholesterol levels was mentioned on the report in this study. However, many other studies in the literature point to the fact that in men, testosterone lowers triglycerides and raises HDL cholesterol, both of which reduce risk for heart attack. In some studies on women, testosterone is shown to lower HDL (good cholesterol), indicating a potentially increased risk for heart attack.

8. Blood pressure did not change in any of the groups except one: those men on growth hormone and testosterone experienced a statistically significant decrease in diastolic blood pressure.

9. Side effects were non-existent in the testosterone group. The group of women on estrogen plus progesterone experienced some breast swelling and tenderness and rarely some irregular menstrual type bleeding. The patients on growth hormone did experience some fluid retention, although it was minor, and easily controlled by reducing the dose. The symptoms of fluid retention were water weight gain and mild joint discomfort (again, remedied by reducing the dosage)."
    Now or never.