Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 10 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/21/2010 10:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did I suggest it before? I had forgotten. Very sorry.

Looks excellent.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/22/2010 7:21am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no mate I think we both got our wires crossed, you suggested it and I thought it was a good idea so I put it on my to do list lol.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 7:02am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please note that the contents of this thread have now been added to .org as a single document here:

http://www.bullshido.org/Bullshidoka_Arguments

This enables the individual arguments and their counters to be linked into discussion threads
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/12/2010 3:57pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshidoka argument #32:
    You cannot find helpful information on the internet. The internet is a poor medium as it is full of lies.

This is from a bygone era when this was true. It was even partially true when I fist joined. Nearly six years later and the internet is a great research TOOL.

Point out that during investigations that the internet isn't the only tool used. Also, point out that with newspaper articles, court documents, IP searches, and email, that the internet is a valuable tool. It is one of many ways used to verify credentials, exonerate a person or prove someone fraudulent.

Bullshidoka Argument #33: The good guy or I respect what he has done for me, the community or both argument.

This comes up constantly and examples include people that teach the poor to people that serve or have served in the military.

Point out that it is a good thing that this person helped, served, volunteered, taught for no profit or works with the community. Yet, it doesn't excuse questionable behavior like fraud, fake credentials, lying, or any other justification.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 11/12/2010 4:04pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2010 1:03pm

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas View Post
    Please note that the contents of this thread have now been added to .org as a single document here:

http://www.bullshido.org/Bullshidoka_Arguments

This enables the individual arguments and their counters to be linked into discussion threads
    Is it just me or does the link not work anymore?

Posted On:
    11/17/2010 1:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get a blank white page...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/15/2011 12:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm very interested in starting a discussion on questionable business/promo practices by MMA schools. I'm a student at a BJJ school, but work online and do marketing (also have a BA in journalism and worked in the field... until it truly pissed me off). I've seen gyms posting fake reviews of themselves, hiring content farms, etc... then using high pressure to get students to sign up.
    Any thoughts as to whether or not this would be a worthy topic?
    Cheers

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/15/2011 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by webmindset View Post
    I'm very interested in starting a discussion on questionable business/promo practices by MMA schools. I'm a student at a BJJ school, but work online and do marketing (also have a BA in journalism and worked in the field... until it truly pissed me off). I've seen gyms posting fake reviews of themselves, hiring content farms, etc... then using high pressure to get students to sign up.
    Any thoughts as to whether or not this would be a worthy topic?
    Cheers
    It's worth pointing out the differences between bullshido, and Mcdojo. Bullshido is bullshit martial arts. Palm-strike-the-nose-bone-into-the-brain is bullshido. It does not necessarily mean that anyone's raking in any money with their material. A mcdojo is a school that is profit oriented. It may or may not include bullshido; some mcdojos teach good techniques and have good training; many do not because a large number of people want to train and feel like good fighters without putting in hard work and being subjected to pain and injury.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 6:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dammit. I was just typing up a thread like this, and then double-checked to make sure it wasn't already done. Nice
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

10. Weekly

Posted On:
    7/12/2012 9:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wondering if anyone knew about a big Mcdojo, competing in a Japanese Goju tournament currently and not under their Mcdojo banner from Australia led by the 2nd in charge.
    they have wanted to be recognised by a JKA FEDERATION for a long time but have to make big changes from their own style to do so.
    OK so from someone who was told not to cross train within another, thats bullshit from my perspective (9 yrs in this club).
    i'm pissed and changing to an allready affiliated club, not one that was started in a garage 30 years ago by karate bob.( worked it out yet??) go kan ???
    I have enjoyed the students and the other people , the time and effort they put in .
    but dissheartend by the management and those the head the club.
    phew!!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 10 LastLast