Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910
  1. #91
    slamdunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,449
    Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Palm-strike-the-nose-bone-into-the-brain is bullshido.
    Total Bullshido, but in defense of this technique; it does make your opponent's eyes water profusely.


  2. #92

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    325
    Style
    Boxing, Judo, Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojanlord View Post
    Has anyone heard of adolfo ennever president of the american federation of martial arts? I found a lot of his claims to be fraudulent and even heard the Grand masters he claimed taught him did not. A lot of people are being scammed by this man and fraudulently promoted.
    Dude, this post will get you in all sorts of hot water.

    First off, Its in a completely unrelated thread. Secondly, you need to provide proof of everything you say (and not in the form of hearsay - "I heard from so and so that he didn't teach him").

    So, if you're going to do this right:

    (1) Read all of the stickies in this forum. Learn what this forum is for, and the standards it requires.
    (2) Gather a list of the claims this guy makes (preferably from a place where we know *he* made the claims.
    (3) Gather evidence in the form of affidavits, clips from reputable news agencies, interviews, reports from the better business bureau, interviews, etc...
    (4) And most importantly, document how you crossed paths with this gentleman? Do you have any reason for bias? Any business dealings, competition? Were you a student in the past? What made you think he was a fraud?

    After you have done this, start a new thread on this forum, titled appropriately (like the gentleman's name and school), and post all of the gathered information.

    This will earn you a modicum of respect and appreciation for following the forum rules. You will have to do a lot of legwork if you want to post seriously in this forum. That's the cost if you want to lodge an allegation of fraud against someone.

    In the mean time, Admins, can his post and mine be culled and sent off to Trollshido?

  3. #93

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Naha, Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    18
    Style
    Kyokushin Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Bullshidoka Argument #19 - Unreasonable conditions for information.

    This is similar to Argument #10, but instead of requesting information of the investigator this argument involves an attempt to set up a situation that discourages someone from investigating. This can include offering information under conditions that unrealistic or are reasonably deemed absurd (such as Ashida Kim demanding $10,000 before he would accept a challenge match) to conditions that are dangerous or illegal. For example, the subject of an investigation agrees to meet for an interview, but only if you come to his dojo by yourself in the wee hours of the morning.

    Counter - If the subject isn't willing to compromise enough to provide information in a safe manner (such as an interview in a neutral location or in the presence of a witness), then make a note and explanation - "The subject made Bullshidoka Argument #19; he was unwilling to provide this information unless we first fought with swords to first blood, an obviously unsafe practice."
    Yes, speaking of which, this is what Richard Guerra posted after being asked to e-mail a photo of his 7th dan certificate that is apparently from Japan. He offers a challenge to a 31 year old woman who asked him to confirm his 7th dan by providing some proof. He quotes, "LET HEWR STAY IN KYOKUSHIN KAI--UPON HER RETURN SHE CAN PROVE TO ME HOW GREAT SHE IS IN THE FULL CONTACT RING--WITH ME- I AM TIRED--REALLY SICK OF HER BULL ****" Screen shot for you:

    [IMG][/IMG]

    Now, tell me if this stimulates suspicion or not.

  4. #94

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    191
    Style
    Western Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    USA DD214s also shows all units served with but also shows what schools attended. Like BUDs, SFAS etc. . Time served and what years. Also reading in the unit section if you see in one unit DFR ( Dropped From Rolls means Desretion) . Grades , type of less than Honorable Discharge and Re e nlistment codes are reducted .

  5. #95

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    225
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Total Bullshido, but in defense of this technique; it does make your opponent's eyes water profusely.

    I thought if you hit it hard enough it would mess up your frontal sinuses pretty bad. Not a fight stopper by any means but painful.

  6. #96

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    225
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarJoe View Post
    USA DD214s also shows all units served with but also shows what schools attended. Like BUDs, SFAS etc. . Time served and what years. Also reading in the unit section if you see in one unit DFR ( Dropped From Rolls means Desretion) . Grades , type of less than Honorable Discharge and Re e nlistment codes are reducted .
    Israel has the same thing called a Tofess. It amazes me how many people will claim super secret IDF service. Since Israel has mandatory service and you cannot legally get a job unless you did your national service, and employers will judge your suitability for employment based on what units you served in. So most people carry a copy of their tofess in their wallet.

  7. #97

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,615
    Style
    Trad Ju Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Yes, speaking of which, this is what Richard Guerra posted after being asked to e-mail a photo of his 7th dan certificate that is apparently from Japan. He offers a challenge to a 31 year old woman who asked him to confirm his 7th dan by providing some proof. He quotes, "LET HEWR STAY IN KYOKUSHIN KAI--UPON HER RETURN SHE CAN PROVE TO ME HOW GREAT SHE IS IN THE FULL CONTACT RING--WITH ME- I AM TIRED--REALLY SICK OF HER BULL ****" Screen shot for you:"

    ...which reminds of listening to Sensei Pat McCarthy tell us that Hanshi Terry Wingrove (UK) had claimed a 9th Dan from a celebrated Japanese master. Mr Wingrove had published the photo of a 'certificate' being handed to him by this well respected Japanese master (I can't remember his name). Sensei Pat told us that it was only a calendar that had been handed over....so, 'Buyer Beware' is the moral to draw....

Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO