Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 9:29am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When will ITF and WTF merge, so we can hit to the face in WTF? I had to take up Muay Thai because I was tired of all the limitations of WTF. Now I do BJJ and MMA, it's much better, but I would still like to see the two largest governing bodies merge. Does anyone have any info on this?

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 9:37am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    When will ITF and WTF merge, so we can hit to the face in WTF? I had to take up Muay Thai because I was tired of all the limitations of WTF. Now I do BJJ and MMA, it's much better, but I would still like to see the two largest governing bodies merge. Does anyone have any info on this?
    I saw a news article just the other day on this topic:

Will the WTF and ITF merge?
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 9:42am

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know why the **** everyone's so butthurt on this thread. TKD isn't good for full contact. Get over it. I have.

You want to see a fighter at the top level of full contact fighting... check out Park Yong Soo in K1. His punching blows and he has no leg kick defence. In a year or two, when he picks some of this up (his punching is better already) he might do something... be he won't be a TKD fighter anymore. He'll have a TKD background.... but he'll be a kickboxer... cause he has to fill up the holes in his game to complete.

Sorry... TKD does suck.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sigh, i used to care what people thought, even online. then i realized... i don't. what a revelation THAT was.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 11:44am

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Did someone really claim that the video of the tournament wasn't TKD? I find that hard to believe.
    So do I.
    I think he's giving a fictitious example of people stating untruths on the forums to prove his point that discussions here are often rendered redundant due to an inability on certain posters' parts to overcome their prejudices about particular issues.

Posted On:
    3/09/2007 3:06am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydermv
    I don't know why the **** everyone's so butthurt on this thread. TKD isn't good for full contact. Get over it. I have.

You want to see a fighter at the top level of full contact fighting... check out Park Yong Soo in K1. His punching blows and he has no leg kick defence. In a year or two, when he picks some of this up (his punching is better already) he might do something... be he won't be a TKD fighter anymore. He'll have a TKD background.... but he'll be a kickboxer... cause he has to fill up the holes in his game to complete.

Sorry... TKD does suck.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkwq6tXWtLM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCi9rPplgMg

Is Park considered the best TKD can produce? He has to fight guys one head shorter than him and weighing a lot less? With his level of cardio conditioning, I'm surprised they even sent him in to fight.

Watch Kaoklai tooling with him in the second round, and only getting semi-serious in the last round. How he got to fight in K1 with cardio like that is totally beyond me.

Watch Park's other fights. He fights fatties, and people who basically just stand there to get beaten. I wonder how much the koreans had to pay to work those fights to promote TKD.

Things like these just make TKD suck even worse than it already does.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2007 9:06am

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's just starting, and his conditioning is a problem, but he's got promise. And I still stand by the fact that Kaoklai didn't tool him. The fight was even after 3 rounds according to the judges.

And I don't know if he's the best they can produce, but he's the first to go from Olympic TKD to full contact at this level.

And it's open weight.... though even a smaller Kaoklai is still a dangerous opponent. I'll be looking forward to seeing him get matched up against tougher opponents, having his cardio get better and upping his game. We'll have to see what he can do.

He's definately not up to his potential after only a few fights though. No one steps in the ring with the champ right away.

EDIT: And I was just using him of an example of how TKD isn't the best for standup. I has some good qualities, but you need additional training to get anywhere...
    Last edited by Slydermv; 3/09/2007 9:08am at .

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 1:30pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Took you long enough. Do you feel WWC was saying that you were lying and this was not a video of people trained in KMA?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Took you long enough. Do you feel WWC was saying that you were lying and this was not a video of people trained in KMA?

Nice, You bitch that he won't come up with the video. Other people mention how many different threads cover this exact topic. Then you bitch about how long it took.

I see a trend, it looks like;

BITCH
    BITCH BITCH

HA HA

BITCH BITCH

BITCH !

Get a life, talk about something else,

The TKD/ TMA Community as a whole promises not to miss you in the least.

Try raising your signal to noise ratio, talk about colored pixels or something you know about.

Really.
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 4:25pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, now that he's finally found it, I feel we can continue our conversation. If you've got a problem, I suggest you RTFM on the PM function.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678