All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 4:30pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    There are two that I provided a link for, several more if you do a search for this guy on Bullshido.
    Yes. I understand you were able to quickly and accurately find a video consistent with the incident described. I can also find highlight footage of the man at will using the internet, despite the general polish need to 'buy a vowel'. Further, I recognize that there are several threads on him on bullshido.

At issue is the conduct embosseo claims happened in the thread, so I want to see a link to the thread, so I can look at it, specifically.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 4:36pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by emboesso
    Gosh, one of the cool kids noticed me. Can I eat lunch at your table? Want half of my Hershey bar?
    You do realize who spawned this notion of a posting clique, don't you? Hint: You've been flaming each other over TKD and rep for the last month.

Besides, the idea isn't even novel. I happen to be an honorary member of the West Coast Mafia :eusa_shhh

Oh, wait. "Sponsor". You paid to be cool. That doesn't count.
    Instead of enumerating the times I've spent money on this site (none of which were solely for my own benefit), I'll just draw the parallel that donating to the World Wildlife Fund does not give me the right to dictate how the Pandas are fed.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 5:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Embosseo, I'm going to give you a little more time to plead your case here. This material technically belongs in YMAS and may be there soon, but if you have anything more to add, please do so here and not in the site suggestion area.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 5:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing that angers me, is that these are Cage Fighters and MMA guys who take TKD, make it useful in fighting and train well. The majority of TKDers do not do that, people should just come to terms with that. Good TKD looks like/is good kick boxing/karate.

Oh, and Polish Power! Huzzah.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 5:44pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One big problem is that the library of ring effective (and hence generally effective) striking techniques is relatively small. About the only thing that differentiates a really good MMA fighter with a TKD background from a really good MMA fighter with a MT background will be the greater use of sidekicks by the TKD guy. And by "greater use" I mean more than 0. Techniques that work get distilled out of the art when they get pressure tested and all striking arts will tend towards the same set of techniques, sometimes thrown in slightly different ways, or with slightly different emphasis based on body type and attitude of the fighter. But generally they will converge towards the simplest set of applicable techniques with the highest success rate.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 5:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the point I'm trying to make by splitting this off and calling attention to it, since embosseo seems to have logged off, is that there is a reason we tell people here to have a thick skin: There are stupid people on the internet.

Even good people on the internet have dumb moments. It's a fractured medium.

No one will like everything you do on this site. No one will like everything you say on the internet. He posted, essentially, "people didn't like a video" in the criticism thread.

That's not a site issue. That's a behavior issue. We try to guide public behavior on this site in a way that keeps it on the rails without censoring people, but we are not going to post a "be nice to people, especially don't tell them any issues you might have with their martial art" on a board dedicated to quality preservation in the martial arts.

It's not going to happen.

The other point I was trying to make was that posters have seletive memory - the first comment on that highlight video thread says "good vid"

Several of the posters jacking around in the thread are guess what - KMA practioners being internet-sarcastic.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 6:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you don't get to pull that.

If you want to say we did something SHOW WHERE. Your entire case on this point is based on something you have FAILED TO PRODUCE.

Since the highlight video discussed above was not a tournament, it doesn't sound like the same video.

Which. Video. Are you talking about?
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 3/06/2007 6:21pm at .

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 6:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, you know what? I lied. There. I made the whole incident up, I have no credibility whatsoever. You win.
    As stated in the other thread, *click*

If you think my further disinterest in this matter will serve to discredit all previous criticisms throughout the thread, think again. The thoughts are out there. If the staff choses to address them, fine. If not, that's fine too.
    The thoughts are indeed out there, but perhaps they should have spent a little more time in your head.

If BMW sends out customer satisfaction surveys and a guy sends one in complaining about all the repairs he's had to make, they're not going to call him and say "Prove it! Where are the receipts? You're lying! Show us the used parts!" If you don't want to hear anything bad in customer satsifaction surveys, don't send them out.
    Didn't you just try to mock me for being a Sponsor? BMW sells their customers expensive luxury cars and would logically want to retain a valuable customer. You haven't contributed much in the way of worthwhile posts, let alone donated any money, so the site doesn't owe you anything.
    Last edited by Shuma-Gorath; 10/09/2007 1:34pm at .

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 6:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It wasn't the same videos and it wasn't the same threads. Does it matter? Look at the threads Maverick posted and you can see basically the same comments, similar to "That's not TKD." Based on those threads, why do you find it so hard to believe? If I'm going to invent something, I'll invent something a little more imaginative than that.

OK, you know what? I lied. There. I made the whole incident up, I have no credibility whatsoever. You win.

If you think my further disinterest in this matter will serve to discredit all previous criticisms throughout the thread, think again. The thoughts are out there. If the staff choses to address them, fine. If not, that's fine too.

If BMW sends out customer satisfaction surveys and a guy sends one in complaining about all the repairs he's had to make, they're not going to call him and say "Prove it! Where are the receipts? You're lying! Show us the used parts!" If you don't want to hear anything bad in customer satsifaction surveys, don't send them out.
    If BMW takes the customer's complaint seriously, and wants to look first hand at his car, and he won't produce it, they're going to downgrade the nature of his complaint.

Stop working so hard to assume you understand the motives of the staff here. Stop making assumptions about why things get done and who 'the staff' here is and what they believe. Just discuss things. If you have questions, ask instead of assuming.

oldman, your rep whining and clique-bitching are trollshido'd. Knock it off.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 7:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Cache
    oldman, your rep whining and clique-bitching are trollshido'd. Knock it off.
    I wasnt whining about rep. I was simply showing how some people could come to the same conclusion as the poster Shuma was talking about, when it comes to a "clique".

Clique-bitching? C'mon Johnny....I was talking to Shuma, and you feel the need to jump in and defend him? That just screams clique.

Of course this is one of the (maybe just mine) complaints about Bullshido, when a mod (some, not all) reads something they dont like, its "Knock it off".

I dont like half the stuff Shuma says do I get to tell him to knock it off? Does he have to?

I could be mistaken, and you arent telling me to "Knock it off" as a mod, but as Shumas friend. If that is the case then I apologise for mt assumption.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast