Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 7:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember seeing you (and your shirt) out there now that I've seen your match.

Hard committing to those throws/takedowns, isn't it?

Thanks for posting the videos, hope to see you there next year!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 9:05pm

Style: BJJ/Pekiti Tersia/Hsing-I

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the funniest thing is that you can hear all the instructions so well on the tape. When I was out there I couldn't hear anything except the background noise.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 9:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly.

The worst for me was a small thing we did at my gym with some other schools, and I swear I could hear everyone but my instructor.

did you enjoy competing?
    Last edited by Perrazo; 3/07/2007 9:52am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 10:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I had a blast. I'm going to try to make it to the Great Lakes BJJ champsionship as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 10:43am

Style: BJJ & MMA, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my coach reffed at the Gracies. he said the attendence was very light. Relson was just sort of giving the Arnolds the Brazilian middle finger.

As far as Naga went, I didn't compete, but a bunch of our guys placed or won their divisions. I think 2 golds, three silvers and two bronzes between like 6 guys. Not too shabby.

I did the Kali...pending thread for that **** storm coming soon......

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 10:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, what's the Kali?

From Florida so not very aware of tournaments up your way.

Bustardo,

That's great that you had a blast! I know every time I compete it has a large impact upon my game. I got away form it and I could see a difference on the mats last weekend. There's a difference between knowing the technique and executing it when the time is right, I think the urgency of competition really brings that out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 11:08am

Style: BJJ & MMA, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrazo
    Sorry, what's the Kali?

Its s sport type stick fighting. Padded armor and helmets...two dudes wailing away at each other with little sticks drumming and kicking each other for about 3 minutes.

It comes from the FMA styles. Its a more sport oriented point fighting type of competition. But its very rapid paced and very, very, very aggressive.

Cuts, bruises and broken bones are not rare.

And actually, its hard to find up here too. Most everything to do with FMA tends to reside on the west coast with a few enclaves scattered across the country. I think its beginning to catch on more, but time will tell.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 11:43am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bustardo
    Oh yeah, well then I probably did see you while we were warming up. In my 2nd match I was actually wearing a bullshido shirt under my gi.

My first match was going well for me. The guy shot in for a double, I sprawled and got him in a headlock and then I rushed to take his back. Rushed being the key word as iI was way too high on him. He leaned forward and I fell off. I tried to pull guard afterward but only got him to half guard which I couldn't get out of and I ended up getting choked.

The 2nd fight (adults white belt) Wasn't as bad, but the guy I was up against and I kept trying to take each other down most of the fight. I blundered a throw (Didn't get his leg out of position and he ended up slamming me on the ground. I pulled half guard on him and was trying to get out but time ran out. Oh well... that was a hell of a place to go for my first tourney. (Videos are still uploading). My club took home two 2nd place medals and a first place for lightweight no gi. Not bad for sending down 7 guys.

I have 1 black belt heavyweight match.
    4 blue belt Light weight matches.
    4 white belt Super heavy matches (my friend/team-mate ended up taking 2nd)

I think another of my team mates recoreded a few of the other fights as well.
    My son (7 yrs old) and I saw you walking around with your Bullshido shirt on. He asked what it meant, so I tried my best to explain, but I he's probably still to young to understand the Bullshido concept yet.

Friend of ours, Aaron Doddson, is a Sambo BB, but completed in the 189 lb blue-belt division due to him not rolling for almost a year to his work schedule.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 11:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrazo
    Sorry, what's the Kali?

Bustardo,

That's great that you had a blast! I know every time I compete it has a large impact upon my game. I got away form it and I could see a difference on the mats last weekend. There's a difference between knowing the technique and executing it when the time is right, I think the urgency of competition really brings that out.
    Yep, I know I have to drill have guard techniques a lot more.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 12:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bustardo
    Yep, I know I have to drill have guard techniques a lot more.
    I have a feeling I'll be saying that the rest of my life!

From my end, I know I need to work on my standup a lot so I'm reacting instead of saying to myself 'Hey, there's a leg sticking out there'.

Attention to detail, also. As a big guy I can sometimes muscle out an technique that's mostly right, I can think of at least two instances where I lost out on moves because of a small detail that I had overlooked or not executed properly.
    Last edited by Perrazo; 3/07/2007 12:42pm at .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast