Infidel

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 11:59am

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Feedback on this rifle

Anyone have any feeback on this rifle?
    I'm torn between doing the dirty work and building it myself or just having it come all done up with a bow on it.

What do you guys think.
    Whats missing is a sound supressor but I think they might be illegal in canada so I may not be able to get one.

http://www.dpmsinc.com/firearms/308/sass.aspx

Last edited by vigilus; 3/06/2007 12:02pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 12:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You want feedback on Ar-15s in general, or on this particularly tactical monster?

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 12:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They make AR-15's in .308? I thought they were all .223

edit: nevermind. research is fun.
    Last edited by Neildo; 3/06/2007 12:35pm at .

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 1:15pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you planning to use this thing for?

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 1:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm guessing rodents and pigeons.

Infidel

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 4:26pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kein Haar if you have points on AR 15s in general shoot. I was intending to get fedback on this specific rifle though.

Neildo don't feel bad I thought the same thing.

Abusivemelon ,
    What do I intend to use this sucker for? Good question.
    I don't hunt anymore so thats out. I love shooting targets so it will deffinatly be used for target practice. I like the look cool factor of it and I want to start collecting more firearms and figure like shotguns, their fun to build and modify and play around with.

When I go camping I like to carry a weapon for protection (more against week-end warriors than animals, seriously. I've been shot at before and scared them away with three well aimed shots from a remmington M700 police sniper rifle).

So basically target practice and LCF.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 5:08pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm - honestly, if you're looking for a good 308 and like light weights and accuracy, the Remington 700 might be the best choice. That AR is modded within an inch of it's life and will be absurdly expensive for the functionality you get out of it. Heavy too. And people might think you're compensating.... It may or may not be an ultra accurate rifle, the question is "can you shoot it up?" If not then don't spend all the money on it. Buy something with a great barrel and awesome glass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 6:16pm

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having built my own AR-15 I would recommend going that route. First it is cheaper, second you get a rifle that you know every inch of. I built mine about a year ago and posted a small write up on the process.
    If you are looking for accuracy the recommendation of buying a bolt action is probably the best advice you can get. My AR is very accurate but not as accurate as my bolt action rig. I believe they recommended a Remington 700, a very good rifle, however I would buy a Savage with the accu-trigger. In my experience most people are more accurate with the Savage. I shoot twice a week with my club, and have won quite a few shoot outs with my Model 12bvss.
    Back to the AR-15 the one show is tricked out to the point of absurdity, however if that is the look you want I have two suggestions. 1.) Buy a good barrel, bolt, and bolt carrier. I like Bushmaster barrels but check out AR-15.com they have a ton of info there. 2) get your self a tape on putting the damn thing together. It is easy but there are some tricks when it comes to head-spacing that are important. AGI makes a good one.
    I am considering building a new upper for my girl, in a larger caliber. I am thinking 6.8 Rem since I reload and do not worry too much about cartridge scarcity. You might also think about building one in a 223 and then uppers in the higher calibers. For example the lower on an AR-15 can be used with no modification for 223, 204, 243, 6.5 grendel, 6.8 rem, and probably a few I have for got. However the AR-10 (.308) is a completely different animal then the AR-15 with less parts available.

PT

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 6:22pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing that kept me from reccomending the savage was the weight. This guy obviously has some money to burn so it may be a little low end. I used to own a 10 tactical .308 - the standard trigger is just as modular as the accu-trigger

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 6:25pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    I'm guessing rodents and pigeons.
    Man, he can blast craters on the moon with that ****. :qshatter:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast