Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 5:26am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uh....ya this **** makes me scared shitless about joining bjj, as to my problem from my other post http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&postcount=342 with the lack to own a washing machine, and rite now i feel like theres hella **** crawling all over my body ..this is what happens when your a hairy beast. ****

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleskunk
    uh....ya this **** makes me scared shitless about joining bjj, as to my problem from my other post http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&postcount=342 with the lack to own a washing machine, and rite now i feel like theres hella **** crawling all over my body ..this is what happens when your a hairy beast. ****

Ah, I see

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleskunk
    i got a question, what does soaking your gi in vinigar do? And its pretty hard for me to wash my gi after every class because, if i start bjj, my schedule would be like: school 730-330 ride the bus to bjj where i would arrive at 430, class starts at 5, class ends at 7, go to muay thai at 730 to 830. if i wash it around 9 do you guys think it would dry if i air dried it until 730 in the morning, because i dont have time to come home after school to pick it up and go bjj and we dont own a washer/dryer so we have to pay for every wash..

Well, the vinegar helps in losing up stains, sweats and fats. You still have to wash the gi, though.

This should not be an issue unless you only have a single gi. Just as one should not use the same unwashed tshirt and shorts to go the gym every day, one should not use a single gi. You should have at least two.

Also, I believe gi grappling is a safer (a bit) than no gi when it comes to catching or spreading something. Your body is covered by something thicker than a canvas.

I don't have a washing machine in my unit - I have to walk to the shared coin-operated washers and driers of the apt building where I live. **** that **** for my gis. After a class, I would dip the gi in a mix of water and vinegar overnight. Then, in the morning, I would hang it in the terrace while getting ready to use my other gi.

Then, on the weekends, I would take the gis (which were already pre-soaked in water/vinegar and air-dried) and put them in the washing machine, in hot water, with "arm and hammer" and a big handfull of borax. Then I'd hang them again to dry.

You should get an extra gi, or at least an extra jacket (you can get a spared 2nd-hand one in ebay, or ask your class partners if they can sell you a spared one.) The pants dry a lot faster than the jacket, ergo you can get away with an extra jacket only.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 11:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the help and input, i really appreciate this thread and you putting it in your sig or else id never find it, and prolly die not knowing what that **** is. cuz i always pop my pimples.. whether tis on my arm face stomach or ass. i think its called hemorrhoids...who knows... its gross tho

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 3:57pm

Style: Boxing & Submissions

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok I probably don't need to tell you this but just in case...

you really shouldn't pop your hemorrhoids

(dear god)

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 7:22am

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pics please

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 8:40am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hell no!!!!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 9:15am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by death pig
    ok I probably don't need to tell you this but just in case...

you really shouldn't pop your hemorrhoids

(dear god)
    It was only a matter of time before someone turned this thread into the 'ole "BJJ will give U teh hemorrhoids because U R swetin' wit udder mens and BJJ is TeH GaHy, LollLoLLzzzzz!!!!1!!!"

God save the queen......we mean it man!!!
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617