Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 2:41pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What the _uck is growing in my _ucking leg????

Today is Monday, the 5th. It all started 6 days ago, around Tuesday 27th (three days after the SoFla throwdown and 5 days after my last BJJ rolling.)

First I noticed a small rash/bruise kind of thing on my left calf, and by Thursday I'm like "****, do I have ringworm?". So I started applying lotrimil and **** on it.

However, I noticed it was a bit painful to the touch, more like a bruise than a rash (which was odd if this was ringworm.) My Friday night, it was swollen and it just fucking hurts. It's obvious by now that this **** is some sort of a boil or carbuncle (or worse, an abscess.)

Sometimes when I do squats really, really hard I get a boil or pimple coming out in one of my quadriceps, which I just squeeze and be done with it. Last week, however, I was doing a lot of sprints, HIIT-like, lost of it and more than usual. So it's making me wonder if that could cause it.

Or could it be that a staph infection (or something like that) took place in an undetected skin injury/rash during the throwdown or during BJJ class?

In any case, IT FUCKING HURTS TO THE TOUCH. No way in hell I can train with that **** on my leg. I'm so fucking close to grab a knife and cut the fucker out. Really. :viking:

Anyways, this is what it looked like yesterday Sunday morning:

I decided to pinch to the **** out of it with an sterilized needed, looking just in case it is developing a point of drainage (as these fuckers usually do.) But I couldn't find anything and now I have a purple dot/bruise thingie.

I spent most of my free time yesterday applying hot compresses to it, massaging the area despite the pain and a little bit of fire cupping to speed up the process of draining the **** out of it. Enjoy the pics...

... candle on top of it...

... putting a glass on top of the fucker...

... the fire cupping sucking the whole area up...

After that, more hot compresses and/or icy hot (to warm up the affected area).

By now, this is what it looks like, a purple dot at its head.

When I apply pressure to the sides, I can barely see a couple of white dots (which I hope are the draining points coming to the surface).

So right now my questions are:

-- In the name of Baal, what the **** is this motherfucking ****????
    -- Should I wait a day or more to see if this **** finally drains???
    -- Or should I go to see a doctor???

I've suffered from big, mega-ass boils a couple of times in the past, but I was able to drain them myself after a couple of days via fire cupping and needling (and they were in the forearms). I've never seen this **** in my legs ever.

I'm not worried at all, but then again, I've done stupid **** in the past, and maybe I should be worried and see a doctor. On the other hand, I can't wait for this **** to explode the pus and blood out... which I hope to capture with my digital camera :evil6:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 2:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    go to a doctor man. I though I had ringworm once (had it before a few times). I bleached the fucker, poked, prodded, burned, etc. Went to a doctor and was all cleared up in a week. Its just so much easier with a doctor.

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 2:52pm

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ebola...has to be the dreaded Ebola.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 3:02pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    go to a doctor man. I though I had ringworm once (had it before a few times). I bleached the fucker, poked, prodded, burned, etc. Went to a doctor and was all cleared up in a week. Its just so much easier with a doctor.
    Did the doc tell you what it was?

Right now I'm searching the doc listing of my HCP, looking for one close to work. I wanna get a needle and prod the **** out of it so bad!!!!!! :biblethum

--- ED ---

By the way, I'm calling this boil/cancer/ebola infection as "Mango".

I wanna kill "Mango" sooo bad. I wanna kill "Mango", I wanna kill "Mango", I wanna kill "Mango"!!!!
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 3/05/2007 3:05pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 3:07pm

supporting member
     Style: none, yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure you've heard this, but here it goes: Popping boils and what not yourself can lead to a spread of infection and should be conducted by a professional blah blah blah.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 3:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope, even he didn't know what it was. But the stuff he gave me worked. Looked nothing like what you have though.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 3:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I had one of them on my leg I'd assume it was an insect bite, possibly a spider getting me in my sleep. I just put disinfectant on them, leave them alone, and they eventually go.

My guess is that you're probably just causing more inflamation by all that pokin', proddin' and rubbin' your doing.

Sometimes you just need to leave stuff alone. Going to a doc won't hurt though.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 3:38pm

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    maybe it's a botfly.

Mmmmmm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 3:42pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had the same exact thing on my thigh, It hurt like **** to touch, I just left it alone, it took like three weeks to go away but it finnally healed, I don't know what it was, but it felt like somthing was in my leg, is that how it feels?

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 3:43pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Commodore Pipes
    I'm sure you've heard this, but here it goes: Popping boils and what not yourself can lead to a spread of infection and should be conducted by a professional blah blah blah.
    Yeah, and using stupid folk remedies like "cupping" can lead to death and Wing Chun.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!
Page 1 of 17 1 234511 ... LastLast