Flavor Reviewed: Fruit?

Purchased at: Cumberland Farms Convenience Store

Ingredients:
    Serving Size – 2.5 oz.
    Bottle Size – 2.5 oz
    Caffeine – 200 mg
    Calories – 40
    Proprietary Blend (Methylxanthine Blend) – 330 mg
    • Phytozan™ (proprietary blend plant based methylxanthine-Caffeine, Theobromine, Theophyline, from Guarana Seed extract, Green Tea extract, Kola Nut extract, and USP caffeine anahydrous)

Other Supplements – None
    Carbohydrates – 10 g
    (Sugar, 9.4 g)

Taste Rating Scale is 1 (absolute shite) through 10 (tastes like happy)

Taste: 5 – Not very good and I am not exactly sure which “fruit” it was supposed to taste like. One thing is for sure, I will NEVER buy that “fruit” at the grocery store…ever. If I had to guess I would say that it was a mixture of fermented strawberries, and sun-warmed apple juice. If this was a drink that took more than two swigs to down I would have grated it a 1 and I would not have been able to finish it. However, most people cannot drink 12oz of straight vodka but can take a 1oz or 2oz shot; similarly, these all “energy SHOTS” should be graded in a similar fashion, i.e., how much can you take before you vomit. Here, one shot will not induce vomiting in most people…I can’t say the same for 16oz of the stuff and I WOULD NOT recommend drinking that much seeing as 16oz would put you at about 1,280 mg of caffeine or the equivalent of 12-15 cups of coffee. Hence, “energy SHOT” and NOT “energy DRINK.”

After Taste: 2 – Pretty bad; but it goes away quick enough; no chaser needed.

Effects Rating Scale is 1 (water) through 10 (check in to rehab NOW!)

Energy Boost: 9 – SWEET!!!! It took about 45 minutes to sink in and that was over 2 hours ago. At this point it feels like it is peeking and the tweak is pretty long lasting and definitely up there with the other “energy shot” drinks. Thankfully there is no B3 (niacin) as I can’t stand the niacin flush that B3 stacked energy shots give you.

Side Effects/Crash: 2 – With no sugar to speak of and the caffeine boost coming primarily from plant extract I would not anticipate there being much, if any, crash. If this changes I will update this review.
    Attached Images