Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    222
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And it rains just about every fucking day. We had two snipers with accurized 14's in every platoon of the 2/75 in '75 and '76. Much better than the A1's the rest of us carried. Perhaps this is why Bad Bob let us carry sidearms.

  2. #22
    SFGOON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,208
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius
    Oh, and about FLW: **** that place. People seriously get infected with flesh-eating bacteria there about twice a year.
    and the miserable weather, and the bugs (nothing like a tick on your balls,) the shitty facilities, asshole locals, and the best thing to do in the area is go to branson with the fogies and watch a ridiculous cornpone rag show. **** that place. You're lucky you did IET there and not a gentleman's course. I would have killed to be on lockdown and kept busy.

  3. #23
    panthersix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Click
    Posts
    221
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TM
    And it rains just about every fucking day. We had two snipers with accurized 14's in every platoon of the 2/75 in '75 and '76. Much better than the A1's the rest of us carried. Perhaps this is why Bad Bob let us carry sidearms.
    Hey TM, 1/75 here from 79 to 81.

    I did basic in 79 with the A1 and it was like shooting a pellet gun. The A2 sight adjustments didn't make sense to me in 96 before we went to Bosnia so I bolo'd expert for the first time ever. Good thing as an Officer I only carried an M9.

    Got the new optics zero'd on the M4 before we went to OIF in 05, the red dot thing sure is easier although I don't know what would happen if we had to fire at long ranges.

    RLTW

  4. #24
    SFGOON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,208
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know those rifles are lousy at long ranges anyways. That's when you call the dude with the pig or the 203.

  5. #25
    Cassius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,038
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    and the miserable weather, and the bugs (nothing like a tick on your balls,) the shitty facilities, asshole locals, and the best thing to do in the area is go to branson with the fogies and watch a ridiculous cornpone rag show. **** that place. You're lucky you did IET there and not a gentleman's course. I would have killed to be on lockdown and kept busy.
    I actually had a pretty good time at Basic, despite having to babysit all the 17 and 18 year olds in my squad in 110 degree shitty ass humid Missouri weather. Sitting in Arabic 7 hours a day causes me to reflect upon it even more fondly.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

  6. #26
    TEA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    BFNTX
    Posts
    2,763
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never shot an AR15/M16 full auto before, but I have fired a select fire M14-E3. With the hinged butt-plate flipped up and the pulling the rifle back into the shoulder firmly with the front flip-down grip, I was able to keep 3-4 round bursts on a man sized rock at about 450 yards shooting from the prone position. More than 4 rounds and they'd start going over the top of the rock. I didn't try firing it standing, but I've seen a video of my friend's wife shooting it on full auto from the hip. It looks like it jumps around a bit, but certainly doesn't become an anti-aircraft gun. Of course, if you're firing full auto from the hip, I don't think you'd be as interested in point accuracy as you would be in providing suppressive fire. I think that the heavier Sage chop-mod stock, heavier Harris bi-pod and a better muzzle brake would make it even more controllable in FA or burst fire.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    222
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by panthersix
    Hey TM, 1/75 here from 79 to 81.

    I did basic in 79 with the A1 and it was like shooting a pellet gun. The A2 sight adjustments didn't make sense to me in 96 before we went to Bosnia so I bolo'd expert for the first time ever. Good thing as an Officer I only carried an M9.

    Got the new optics zero'd on the M4 before we went to OIF in 05, the red dot thing sure is easier although I don't know what would happen if we had to fire at long ranges.

    RLTW
    Hell, you have to drop a 5.56 in like a mortar round at long range anyway. I think I got my expert because the wind wasn't blowing that day. I liked the M203 not only for the extra firepower but the extra weight stabalized the 16A1 on rock and roll. Rangers Lead the Way.

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO