Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 5:31pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    I've shot both A1s, A2s, and M-4s. Hell, we got to clean the grease off brand new A2s and were one of the first classes to get them.
    Dude, you're old!

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 7:36pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    Dude, you're old!
    :sniperdanYeah, screw you too buddy!

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    3/04/2007 1:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :laughing4 Right back at ya, ya sunovabitch! I did basic maybe six years ago, and the A-2s we had even back then were worn down into genuine pieces of ****. We're talking maybe two mm of play between the two receivers. It made qualifying really interesting. I would have killed someone for a brand new rifle.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    3/04/2007 10:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    Yesterday I sat at a bar getting drunk with this skinny elderly fellow who used to be in the Army in 1962. He knows that I like history so he started telling me about the P38 can opener. Then, I had a flash of inspiration and asked him about M14s. Apparently he'd had the chance to operate M1s, M14s, and M16A1s.

"Everything I've read on the internet says that the M14 had excessive muzzle climb when fired in full auto. Was that true in your experience?"

He replied, "No, it was very easy to control in full auto! The M16, that was hard to control in full auto! You'd fire it and it would jerk upwards much harder than the M14. They they did something with it and instead of jerking upwards it would jerk to the right. Then they did something more and it was jerking to the left!"

This was interesting because, well, everything on the internet tells you the M14 was fiercely difficult to control on full auto. Also, the old M16A1s must have been really terrible if they were harder to control in 5.56 than M14s in 7.62. This tidbit was particularly interesting to me because Phrost once said that you could hold a M16A2 against your testicles and fire it and get nothing more than a pleasant vibration. The A2 must be a lot better behaved than the old A1s.
    If the guy was in in 1962, he was NOT firing an M16A1. There was a lot of fiddling before the Army issued the M16A1 a few years later.

It was a brand new, significantly different rifle design being used with a different cartridge than for which is was originally designed in an extreme environment where it was not sufficiently tested. Of course the weapon had problems. Duh!

People also conveniently forget you can carry twice the amount of ammo for a 5.56 than you can for a 7.62 rifle at roughly the same weight.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 3/04/2007 10:25pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 1:42am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    :laughing4 Right back at ya, ya sunovabitch! I did basic maybe six years ago, and the A-2s we had even back then were worn down into genuine pieces of ****. We're talking maybe two mm of play between the two receivers. It made qualifying really interesting. I would have killed someone for a brand new rifle.
    I did Basic less than a year ago, and we were still using A-2s. I only got to use the A4s when we used some of the advanced optics. I probably have only put about 200 rounds through an A4, but it really didn't feel that much better than an A2.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 10:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should only have noticed any difference if you were cleaning it, and if you were tracking jams. It's a better rifle for sure but the changes aren't obvious from the outside.

You must have done basic at benning, I can't imagine any other IET school in the army having the funds to provide privates with A-4s and ACOGs.

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 12:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I did it at Fort Lost in the Woods. I spent almost all of basic with an A2 from roughly 20000BC, and qualified on it as well. She slept in my hooch with me at all the FTXs, and kept me company at night in the barracks, as well. The A4s were only for Optics, night firing, and some of the ARM we did.

I was only mentioning the way it shot. It is definitely an improved weapon, just not necessarily in terms of accuracy. Which is fine, because the A2s were plenty accurate (against paper terrorists).
    Last edited by Cassius; 3/06/2007 12:42am at .

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 2:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry man, I'm so fucking sorry. I hate that Goddamn place so fucking much. I did my OBC there, I was branched chemical. **** - I had to do my PT by your barracks. My deepest condolences, I hate that whole state.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 5:58am

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jus came back from the field........one part i hate is being tasked to the arms room to clean m-16s an 249s

first day i cleaned so much weapons i can disassemble them blindfolded now.

second day said **** it an payed a private 20 bucks to clean for me

but that resting the butt stock on your nuts an firing sounds interesting.....im gonna try that next range

do any of you guys do a lot of Convoy live fire training? ever did it with the older versions of the m-16s? how do you compare?

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 12:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and about FLW: **** that place. People seriously get infected with flesh-eating bacteria there about twice a year.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast