Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 2:12pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For Sylvia v Couture: I'm not sure, I'm such a big Couture fan that maybe I don't want to admit that he could lose.

For the rest:
    Hughes ref stoppage round 1
    Franklin KO round 1
    Sobral submission (not sure which round)
    Hammill either ref stoppage in 1st or 2nd round or decision, depends on how much he has evolved since his last fight
    Kampmann KO (not sure which round, I'm not familiar enough with the fighters in this fight)

The rest I don't know enough about to make a solid prediction.

Just my opinion

Dave

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 2:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish Lambert had gotten another fight or two before facing someone like Franklin. I really don't understand why the UFC picks who they do to bring along carefully and who they toss to the wolves.

I think Lambert could be quite good (particularly hearing he's with Jackson's now) but this might be too early for him.

EDIT: all mentions to Lambert in this post are actually referring to macdonald. Give me a break, I've been sick for a week.
    Last edited by UpaLumpa; 3/03/2007 3:22pm at .

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 2:53pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    macdonald is fighting franklin.

lambert is fighting babalu.

i hope lambert doesn't have so much nasty loose skin this time.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 3:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I meant Macdonald. Don't know why I threw Lambert in there.
    Lambert always looks like that. He beat a friend of mine awhile back, which was pretty much right at the tipping point that led him into the UFC. My friend had been undefeated to that point and was similarly poised.

Anyway, yeah Babalu is winning that one.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 3:11pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    then in that case... this is their third attempt to feed macdonald to the wolves. first it was the annoying fake redhead, then it was the annoying real redhead, and now it's someone with no red hair at all - which may be his weakness.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 3:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since he has reddish hair is it some sort of reverse polarity thing?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 4:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just hope Sylvia vs. Couture doesn't turn out to be like Sylvia vs. Monson...and i have a bad feeling it might be. Couture will push the pace and hopefully get Sylvia on the ground and work him. Sylvia's intentions in this fight is jab jab jab jab cross sprawl jab jab win by decision say some stupid **** after the fight like "I want Fedor" or something to make the fans hate him even more then they already do.

Hughes vs. Lytle - probably be a beatdown. Lytle lost to decision against Serra at the TUF finale, I don't think he'll stand a chance against Hughes.

Franklin vs. MacDonald - should be a beatdown too but probably not as bad as Hughes vs. Lytle. Franklin knows MacDonald will want to get the fight on the ground so he'll probably just pick him apart on the feet.

Babalu vs. Lambert - Babalu win by sub.

I'm also happy to see Kampmann fight. He's an exciting fighter and I think he'll beat McFedries. Hopefully KO's him.

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 4:40pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alrite, i'll copy and past my predictions on here from mmaplayground (doesnt seem like theres much discussion there anymore)

sylvia over couture....and i picked rd 3, but have a feeeling it will end earlier.....I will secretly be cheering for couture also though

hughes over lytle. I see a small chance of an upset here. Lytle is well rounded, and has really good striking (as seen against din thomas) and decent take down defense (against matt sera - he looked like a judo pro). Matt seems to have trouble with the good strikers that move from side to side a lot because that changes his angles if he tries to shoot in. Lytles take down defence looked impressive too against din.....hard call. I'm sticking with hughes as the likely winner in rd 2 by TKO G'n'P....but if there is an upset, i pick this one

franklin over mcdonald. I hope franklin is hungry for the comeback! He better be. Mcdonald has been training with greg jacksons camp (lovin all the fighters these guys produce, great camp, as fatherdog also said) for this fight, so that could mean he improved a bit on his take downs at least. But franklin has too many tools to stop the guy, coming from MFS and training with guys like Jeremy horn and matt hughes all day gives him a lot of advantages.

sobral over lambert. I just think sobral has a ton more experience and fought a lot more A level fighters. Lambert has been a bit inconsistent to me when it comes to the big fights. Granted that can kinda be argued with sobral as well.....but I ain't buyin it, the way i see it goin down is lambert gets his takedown, and Sobral by submission from his back....

kampmann over mcfedries. Despite the sherdog reviewer picking mcfedries, I can't agree. Mcfedries was inpressive in his win over sakara, he had to take a lot of hits in the process and even got a bit dazed, granted that just shows he's one tough mofo. However, kampmann has superior striking skills being a muaythai champ in his homeland, and from the last fights i remember him in, he attacks aggressively and has no fear as to where the fight ends up. (his subs and ko's are even at 6 each)

hamil over holman. Both outstanding wrestlers. Gonna be boring. Hope hamil's striking doesnt look as horrendous as it has been in the past. Assuming Hamils training with Team Punishment, he should have the superior game plan and win by decision

fitch over fioravanti. Fitch is a rising star with very well rounded skills. Fioravanti seems to favor striking, but fitch will easily get around that with his purdue wrestling background. They are both aggressive guys, and i simply think Fitch's experience is gonna make the difference. Gonna be a great fight tho, ATT vs AKA!

tibau over dent. Tough call, both are simiar grapplers, with dent having some added muay thai under his belt. Sherdog has noted that Dent seems to like to stall out fights for decision wins against fighters who are equally skilled if not better. I look for tibau to be more aggressive since he is coming down from welterweight to LW, he will have the strength and power advantage that will hurt dent enough to get a decision win at the very least.

gilliam over varner. Gilliam being the more well rounded, with just about even wins with subs as with KO's. Varner is mainly winning with subs. That and gilliam is naturally heavier than varner will probably take its toll on varner. Gilliam by KO rd 2

those are my picks...good luck bitches!

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 4:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hank where are you watching this, work?

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 5:08pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, we have to tape it and watch it after work....so we'll be watching it at 3am!
    hence i stay away from the forums once it starts

and i've learned to turn my phone off too!
    last time, of ALL ppl that i did not expect to care about MMA...my ex girlfriend texts me about the outcome of chuck vs tito!!! why? because i brought her to the fightnetwork party a long time ago, and she had no idea who chuck was, but took a pic with him anyway...to later find out all her friends are jealous about her meetin him....so she thought she'd be a smart ass and text me the result tryin to tell me she's now interested in MMA....ohhh how angry i was

considering we were telling all the customers that if they let anything out of the bag, we'd kick them out, garaunteed, so have my ex slip one through on my phone, i was ready to kill someone!

where u goin to watch it? or are u gonna order it at home? this one is worth the $$
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast