Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 8:14pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC 68--predictions and Discussion

I get the feeling that Hughes and Franklin will win their fights incredibly fast.

I would think that Franklin is so pissed about getting his nose broken by a guy he could have beaten that he'll knock out the "athlete" with his first punch...well, you know what I mean.

Similarly, Hughes must be so "over" the whole "I wanna be a great kickboxer" thing that I forsee a body slam here, folks.

My Predictions:

Sylvia by unanimous decision
    Hughes by 1st Rd ref stoppage
    Franklin by 1st Rd KO
    Sobral by 3rd Rd sub

Don't know enough about the other matches to guess.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 9:21pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    one way or the other, i really don't see franklin/macdonald making it to round two.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 10:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tim Sylvia will jab out a boring decision, insult the fans and make everyone hate him even more.

Matt Hughes is better than Chris Lytle in just about every facet. At some point he'll slam Lytle on his ass and get the sub/tko.

Lambert was taking a beating from Leben before he pulled it out. Franklin is a far superior striker. Franklin by TKO.

Bobalu beats everyone who's not a top tier fighter(Fedor/Chuck) he'll win this one by sub.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 10:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Randy Couture wins by third round KO. Sylvia lands a total of less than 20 standing strikes in the whole match.

Matt Hughes wins by first round TKO.

Jason McDonald wins by first round arm bar from his back after Rich Franklin gets hit by a truck from above in a freak accident.

Babalu wins first round KO.

Matt Hammil wins by decision.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 1:43am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I changed my pick from Vanderlei to Henderson late, and I was right.

So now I'm changing my pick from Sylvia to Couture late.

I honestly think Macdonald vs Franklin is a tossup. Franklin's coming back to prove a point, but MacDonald is hungry, and he's now training full time with Greg Jackson's camp, and frankly Jackson's camp impresses the **** out of me every time somebody from it fights.

Hughes wins a decision. Just about nobody finishes Lytle, but Hughes is a terrible matchup for him.

Babalu by sub.

Hammil by dull decision.

Kampmann by decision, since apparently McFedries chin is made of ferrous metal.

Fitch via something or other.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 3:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    Kampmann by decision, since apparently McFedries chin is made of ferrous metal.
    I'm going to go with Kampmann via 347 successive, brutal leg kicks.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 4:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I first saw Couture/Sylvia announced i thought "snore fest" but now i'm thinking maybe Randy will just keep bringing it and bringing it, in which case he's gonna get keep getting punched and sprawled on until he realises he can't just do this for two or three more rounds and tries something crazy. At that point he gets knocked out :(

Hughes dominates Lytle for three rounds, but look for him to stand a little at first and, if he beats up on Lytle bad enough, at the end aswell.

I like to pick an upset so here it is, MacDonald by sub late in round three.

Babalu will be slow in the first round then make the sub look easy.

Hope the undercard's good.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 6:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dokomoy
    Tim Sylvia will jab out a boring decision, insult the fans and make everyone hate him even more.

Matt Hughes is better than Chris Lytle in just about every facet. At some point he'll slam Lytle on his ass and get the sub/tko.

Lambert was taking a beating from Leben before he pulled it out. Franklin is a far superior striker. Franklin by TKO.

Bobalu beats everyone who's not a top tier fighter(Fedor/Chuck) he'll win this one by sub.
    no need for me to type my thoughts here. I am going with dokomoy.

Of course, I hope Randy wins.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 10:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking of Mcdonald's training camp, I wish I had something noteworthy to say about Franklin's preparation for this fight, since my school is in the Gurgel family and since my teacher helps him train; but that's what you get for missing grappling class for more than a month...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine
    Speaking of Mcdonald's training camp, I wish I had something noteworthy to say about Franklin's preparation for this fight, since my school is in the Gurgel family and since my teacher helps him train; but that's what you get for missing grappling class for more than a month...
    Didn't he also train in Iowa for this fight? I could have sworn I saw him working with Sylvia and Hughes in the preview show they aired on spike yesterday.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast