222007 Bullies, 3920 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 12:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I might be interested, as long as I'm out of LI GUY's weight class, hehe :P
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 1:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rev.jc
    it's funny you should say that I am a certified usa boxing ref/coach and I have 65 amature fights, The not following to the ground is like the standing 8 count in boxing, are you saying the standing 8 count hurts boxers? , now I realize I have the "noob" thing here but that is somewhat silly isn't it?

What it does is give the official the chance to see if the fighter is rocked & decide if the bout should continue, That is never a bad thing, our events are small, we do this to help causes that need help, we don't want anyone hurt, I use the usa boxing training when talking to officials, you ask for the hands once, if they don't give them you ask again if they delay you stop the fight!

The problemb with MMA is people have taken it out of the relm of sport & made it like pro wrestling, I love the USKBA rules, I can't tell you the ammount of people who won't fight unless it is just like the UFC (truth be told they probably wouldn't then either!", now I have 5 fights doing this & I must tell those who want to fight will

First off, I am referring to a real knockdown, not a trip, slip, or being off balanced - a real "shock to drop" bash in the head by the opponent. Many people can recover quickly enough within the 8 count to be allowed to continue. Continuing allows further punishment when there is already a very slight brain trauma. In an MMA fight without such a rule, however, allowing the opponent to pounce and finish in a multitude of ways beyond just more head blows stops the fight after the rocked opponent receives at most maybe 3-4 more unanswered blows (if the ref is paying attention). The "standing 8" allows a supposed recovery, then continuing through the punishment up to the total potential number of blows throughout the rest of of a fight.

The growing evidence of statistics I referred to is more about the long term health issues arising from this. And, it is an issue that is only now being debated at a low level among ring doctors as to how to reduce the long term effects of allowing boxers to repeatedly "recover" and receive more punishment. The boxing commissions are typically oblivious to this issue as of yet.

True competitors prepared to have a go will fight regardless of rules. They'll adapt, adjust, and step into the arena. I don't see anything wrong with the USKBA MMA rule set, overall. Some of the rules for amateur events I think are very astute recognitions of the difference between pro and amateurs. However, I believe the particular in question is a nod to the governor's cronies appointed to state boxing commissions who don't understand what it is they are regulating.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 3/07/2007 1:20pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well said, tom.

they have the standing 8 count in the shooto organization as well and i think it's a mistake.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:46pm

Style: Vale-Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

sorry

I didn't mean to sound so upset, I love your comment about true fighters!

What the standing 8 is for is not to allow the fighter to recover, but rather to allow the referee to asertain the well being of the fighter, USA boxing is not done by any state athletic commission, it is the olympic comitee that oversees amature boxing, the problemb with allowing it to continue in the USKBA is that strikes to the head are not legal on the ground, If some one is shaken they can get put into a kimora or choke and be to out of it to tap, a very real danger!

In our last show we had 2 standing 8's all knight (out of 11 fights.) and the ref called the dr. in on one of them.

Lastly a standing 8 gives the oppertunity to see if the punch caused the damage or if it was a slip or such,

I do commend you for your comments about fighting though, I get a tom of guys who call and say they will come then a week or so before pull out, due they say to the no ground striking or whatever, One coach at our last show said it best

"It doesn't cost anything to compete and they should just treat it like sparring."

well anyway I said my peice! If anyone wants to fight call or e-mail me,

the Gym our church statrted is fighting at the USKBA Championships in Atlantic City on Oct 26-28th if anyone from upstate NY wants to ravel with us!

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 2:51pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So just as a reminder, LI GUY is fighting at 179, who else have you gotten? What other weight classes do you need? Id be happy to spread the word at my BJJ club and to some others.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 9:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

what I still need!

I have a fight for you GIjoe, you don't have to get all the way to 169 either low 170'w will be o.k (as long as you are within 5 lbs above or below 169!

I need a fighter in the high 150's to mid 160's (155-165 or so!)

I need a fighter at 149 (144-153)

I need a fighter at about 200! (195-215)

& I need 1 super heavyweight,

LI Guy is matched! I also have other fights if you give me you weight I can match you, I promise I will do my best!

518-872-9239

Oh I figured I can match more fights by using the weights as an area mesure rather than being set in stone we are still sticking to the weight difference regulations but we are adding a bit of flexibillity!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 9:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kempo guy what weight are you, I can match you, or if you would like a kempo - WCL type of bout I would love to put one of those on the card as well!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 10:42am

Style: not training/injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's great to see MMA being used for a fund raiser; the sport can always use positive press, especially in NY. I wish I could help, but unfortunately I'll be on the other side of the world in a different kind of fight :) Best of luck, I'm sure the Bullshido guys will put on a great show.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 11:10am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I weigh 163, so I could move up to 165 or drop to 159 pretty easily. I've never fought MMA or any variant of MMA, just gi and no-gi submission tournaments.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 1:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how about a smoker or demo bout?

Call me at 518-872-9239

163 would be fine!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast