Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 10:29am

Style: Vale-Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

EMPIRE STATE WARRIOR CHALLENGE II

Thank you, thanks to the sight the event is full, please no more calls I can't add any more,

donations for addmission now must be purchased by fighters!
    Last edited by rev.jc; 4/16/2007 4:02pm at . Reason: event is full & sold out

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 10:45am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heck?

These the rules you mean?
    http://www.uskba.com/amma_rules.htm

There shouldn't be a pause after a fighter is knocked down.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 8:42pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Rev, some quick questions.....

You had a thread awhile ago about the one on Dec 9, but you stated in it that it didnt go through, you were having problems with the state athletic council. So what happened with all of that and how are you doing it this time?

Are you guys sanctioned by anyone? You are using the USKBA rules, not a big problem at all, but are they sanctioning you? I find it hard to wanna fight for an event thats unsanctionined.

Do you have any video you could post of the last event, maybe a fight or two and some clips of the ring/gym it was held in? It would be nice to know what the atmosphere is like, see some of the quality of the show also.

Since this is not sanctioned by anyone (as far as I can tell), do you have any thing set up to ensure the safety of fighters? What precautions are you taking? Is there an EMT or ambulance ready for on the spot treatment. Is there a hospital close by?

I know all of this may seem like Im out to get oyu, but as I said in the last thread you made, I think these are all points that need to be taken into consideration. I wouldnt fight somewhere if the nearest hospital was an hour away and there was no medical assistance nearby for emergencies.(You never know what could happen)

Also, I realize this is a fundraiser, your a pastor so your most likely not a money hungry asshat looking to make money and not caring about the fighters, I just would like you to answer my questions so any other Bullshido guys who are nearby like me could see what its like.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 8:45pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One more thing,

do you have a website up and running for info?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 10:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

any one that was there

I will anwer these quickly,

Yes we had both a Dr & emt's,
    second I will try to get vid posted I only have dial up & it is hard for me to post, but any of the guys from here that were there could post!

it is more like a sparring meet than anything, I find it odd that anyone would ghave aproblemb with what we do on the throw-down websight!

lastly Ny does not moniter amature athletics, but I understand your concerns, actually the only injury we had all night was a drunk from the crowd banged his Knee on the karoke machine, we were fully insured and all participnats were totally amature, kind of a gym on gym thing, I got a Dr. to come (he is a blue belt in BJJ) and the fire hall & EMT's were across the street.

Please if the guys who came from the sight are here please post!

Oh our ring is a 20' X 20' ring with a dollamur grappling surface, the most advance grappling surface on earth, we use the 2" surface instead of the 3" to allow some speed for foot movement.

This is our 2nd event so hopefully our websight will be up soon, I am going to try and you-Tube something so I can get it to you, feel free to call me if you would like, you sound very interested? if you want I'll get you tickets so you can see one of our events it is a truly great atmosphere call me!

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 3:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Question on the rules. It reads "Submissions (chokes, armbars, straight leg locks ONLY)" for legal techniques on the ground. Does this mean omoplatas or other attacks that are not chokes, armbars, straight leg locks are disallowed? Or does that mean as far as leglocks go only straight ones (no heel hook for example)?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2007 7:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

yes

it means heel hooks are disallowed, this is one reason we chose the genesis rules, as I'm sure you know once your in a heel hook even if you tap your knee or heel is at least dislocated iif not broken or ligament or tendon damage done, but a kimora ia allowed.

We just try to give an arena like a smoker I guess where guys can compete or practice safely (like a smoker) We are not the UFC or Pride, but heck what better do guys have to do on a sat night if nothing else you get good sparring and help a great cause!

I happen to love it, I should mention I fought in dec at 157 so if that belays any fears!

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 3:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this sounds interesting, and i will mention it to some guys in my gym. the most likely guy has fought once in NJ at a USKBA mma event there (lost to decision.)

i would be down to fight at 139 but i will be just getting back from my honeymoon, so there is no way i can fight in this.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    3/05/2007 5:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Heck?

These the rules you mean?
    http://www.uskba.com/amma_rules.htm

There shouldn't be a pause after a fighter is knocked down.

I happen to agree with you. However, amateur MMA rules do seem to be shaping up this way, at least in the North East. For instance, in NJ, this rule is required by the state athletic commission for all amateur events. The rule is an influence from the boxing commissions who feel that if a fighter gets rocked, they should be allowed to recover to prevent further brain injury. Too bad it's bullshit coming from people who barely understand boxing, let alone MMA.

Allowing a fighter who got rocked a chance to recover and have the potential to get rocked again (instead of being pounced on and the fight finished), IMO, increases the chance for long term brain injury, not reduces it. There is a small body of growing statistical evidence to support this.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 10:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

oh man!

it's funny you should say that I am a certified usa boxing ref/coach and I have 65 amature fights, The not following to the ground is like the standing 8 count in boxing, are you saying the standing 8 count hurts boxers? , now I realize I have the "noob" thing here but that is somewhat silly isn't it?

What it does is give the official the chance to see if the fighter is rocked & decide if the bout should continue, That is never a bad thing, our events are small, we do this to help causes that need help, we don't want anyone hurt, I use the usa boxing training when talking to officials, you ask for the hands once, if they don't give them you ask again if they delay you stop the fight!

The problemb with MMA is people have taken it out of the relm of sport & made it like pro wrestling, I love the USKBA rules, I can't tell you the ammount of people who won't fight unless it is just like the UFC (truth be told they probably wouldn't then either!", now I have 5 fights doing this & I must tell those who want to fight will
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast