Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 1:11am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes, due to a hectic schedule or overtraining, I can't make my ideal Monday-Wednesday-Friday training days and instead end up cramming my days together, sometimes doing two or three workouts in just as many days.

Now, when I work out, I take the "work all corresponding muscles the same day" approach (i.e. chest, tris, shoulders, etc.). Knowing this, is fatigue a potential hinderence to my weightlifting if I train several days in a row? I know that every muscle in my body is used to some extent when working out, but could this be problem?

Our horse is too dead, our jockey's too big, our trainer's too old, and I'm too dumb to know the difference!
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 10:26am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, can you answer that question?

1. Are you tired a lot? If you keep doing these workouts without enough rest for too long, your body will crash and that will obviously slow your growth. It has happenned to me earlier this year where I didn't give my body enough rest between workouts (even though it was different areas.) One morning I just felt like crap, real tired and that feeling lasted a week.
    2. Can you eat enough to sustain the energy requirements?

I'm sure you are aware that overtraining will lead to muscle breakdown. I'd personally miss/skip a workout than "overtrain."

--
    Shut up and Gracie train!

Phrosty finally got my article up, all come and look! Fighting Multiples
    http://bullshido.com/article_read.asp?id=162

"Why the kiaii? What the hell IS kiaii?" Posted by Joe August 12 2003
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 3:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Yeah. Overtraining is a very real possibility, but I have a very unhealthy outlook on life. To wit: This week I've only been practicing two or three a day instead of three or four, and I'm chastising myself for my laziness. So I keep pushing myself. I'd ask for a general concensus on what's a healthy amount of training and what's unhealthy, but it varies from person to person, making it kind of a moot point.

2. No. There's never any food in my house. I'm ecking by on cereal and sandwhiches.

Our horse is too dead, our jockey's too big, our trainer's too old, and I'm too dumb to know the difference!
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 6:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can never make up for a missed weight training session by doing twice as much the next day.

Other than the fact you are going to put your training out of whack, you can only recover so much in one day. You won't experience any growth or strength increase if you aren't recovering properly.

If you miss one, you miss one, life goes on. Don't worry about it.

I'm not sure if your food comment is sarcastic or not. Eating correctly is just as important as the weight training itself.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Posted On:
    8/15/2003 3:17pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Therefore, don't weight train on consecutive days.

:)

anecdotally, i've trained doing different body parts on consecutive days.......doesn't work
    too much energy requirement

--
    Shut up and Gracie train!

Phrosty finally got my article up, all come and look! Fighting Multiples
    http://bullshido.com/article_read.asp?id=162

"Why the kiaii? What the hell IS kiaii?" Posted by Joe August 12 2003
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    8/15/2003 10:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure if your food comment is sarcastic or not. Eating correctly is just as important as the weight training itself.
    It wasn't. My household is a desolate wasteland where no food can last more than a day regardless of how much I purchased the last time I went shopping.