Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 7:46pm

Style: Wrestling/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are grapplers of all styles welcome? Or is it just judo and BJJ? Also is there going to be a mixed competition where both stand up and ground are a factor?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 12:46am

Style: Karate, w/ a side of judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    Are grapplers of all styles welcome? Or is it just judo and BJJ? Also is there going to be a mixed competition where both stand up and ground are a factor?
    Grapplers of all styles are definitely welcome--if you check out the information on the Facebook page it goes over rules and such, including the rules for the MMA style sparring which will include both striking and grappling. If you decide to work grappling only you are certainly welcome to do that, and whether you start standing or on the ground is up to you and your sparring partner.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 12:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsumusha View Post
    Grapplers of all styles are definitely welcome--if you check out the information on the Facebook page it goes over rules and such, including the rules for the MMA style sparring which will include both striking and grappling. If you decide to work grappling only you are certainly welcome to do that, and whether you start standing or on the ground is up to you and your sparring partner.
    Hell to the yeah. I'll bring some of my MMA buddies too. Do you count freestyle wrestling as grappling? Because if so, some of my teamates might even show up too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 1:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell to the yeah. I'll bring some of my MMA buddies too. Do you count freestyle wrestling as grappling? Because if so, some of my teamates might even show up too.
    That certainly counts as grappling, although submissions will be allowed so they'll need to be ready for that. As long as they show up to practice and share knowledge without trying to show off, injure anybody or prove a point they are welcome to come!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 1:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That certainly counts as grappling, although submissions will be allowed so they'll need to be ready for that. As long as they show up to practice and share knowledge without trying to show off, injure anybody or prove a point they are welcome to come!
    You sir....made my week. As far as a bunch of freestyle guys, a supplex or a slam is the worst that can happen. Most of us are weirdly used to subs, because some mma wannabe kept coming into our wrestling room and trying to guillotine. Most people I'd invite, don't showboat. I can't wait to finally do some sparring against people I'm not used to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 8:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You sir....made my week. As far as a bunch of freestyle guys, a supplex or a slam is the worst that can happen. Most of us are weirdly used to subs, because some mma wannabe kept coming into our wrestling room and trying to guillotine. Most people I'd invite, don't showboat. I can't wait to finally do some sparring against people I'm not used to.
    Glad to make your week, and we look forward to working out with you guys!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 5:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad to make your week, and we look forward to working out with you guys!
    Yeah man. I loved on the FB page "it ends with a knockout or a submission." I was happy to see a place where hard sparring is acceptable, especially with fighters you know nothing about. I mean, at the gym, or on the mats, you can scout your opponent. If you can't scout, it makes it a fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 8:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah man. I loved on the FB page "it ends with a knockout or a submission." I was happy to see a place where hard sparring is acceptable, especially with fighters you know nothing about. I mean, at the gym, or on the mats, you can scout your opponent. If you can't scout, it makes it a fight.
    Yep, hard sparring is acceptable! We don't exactly want people to spar with the INTENTION of knocking somebody out, but we know it happens and we aren't planning to kick anybody out for it :P. We may have some teens come in so we would like the adults to be respectful of their limits, and people are welcome to stop sparring if they feel they need a break.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 12:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, hard sparring is acceptable! We don't exactly want people to spar with the INTENTION of knocking somebody out, but we know it happens and we aren't planning to kick anybody out for it :P. We may have some teens come in so we would like the adults to be respectful of their limits, and people are welcome to stop sparring if they feel they need a break.
    This whole event is going to be awesome. I'm probably gonna just do grappling and MMA with you guys. Striking only feels a little limited for me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 1:22am

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei of Beer View Post
    We could always meet at Roosevelt Park in Tempe?
    I'm down with this.
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16 LastLast