Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 1516 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2011 3:20am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, you guys all moved out to the area I used to live in before being stationed out in Tucson.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 11:32am

Style: aikido, Bjj,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bringing this back to life!

SO, I am a Tucson transplant. I want some local sparring partners. I know some aikido, bjj, and a few tricks here and there. I don't mind rolling with anyone. If there's anyone here left...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 2:19pm

Style: Karate, w/ a side of judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pynrieg View Post
    Bringing this back to life!

SO, I am a Tucson transplant. I want some local sparring partners. I know some aikido, bjj, and a few tricks here and there. I don't mind rolling with anyone. If there's anyone here left...
    Well, my karate dojo will be hosting an open sparring event in March (basically a Throwdown), but we are in Scottsdale. If you would be willing to make the drive up here on March 24th you would be welcome to come! All of my grappling experience comes from Judo, but several of us at my dojo have different levels of grappling experience and we are planning to invite other schools to attend, so I'm sure there would be people for you to work with.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 5:11pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsumusha View Post
    Well, my karate dojo will be hosting an open sparring event in March (basically a Throwdown), but we are in Scottsdale. If you would be willing to make the drive up here on March 24th you would be welcome to come! All of my grappling experience comes from Judo, but several of us at my dojo have different levels of grappling experience and we are planning to invite other schools to attend, so I'm sure there would be people for you to work with.
    An open sparring event? That sounds kind of cool, do you guys have a website set up with info?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 5:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larfo View Post
    An open sparring event? That sounds kind of cool, do you guys have a website set up with info?
    Not for the open sparring event, itself, yet--we just decided to do it this past week. I'm still working out the details for it at the moment, though. Since it isn't an "official" Bullshido Throwdown I don't know how much I'm allowed to post about it on here, but feel free to PM me and I can shoot the info I do have over to you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 7:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsumusha View Post
    Not for the open sparring event, itself, yet--we just decided to do it this past week. I'm still working out the details for it at the moment, though. Since it isn't an "official" Bullshido Throwdown I don't know how much I'm allowed to post about it on here, but feel free to PM me and I can shoot the info I do have over to you.
    Well, I guess I'm too much of a newb on BS, post-count-wise, to use PM's--and to edit my own posts, apparently. When I can post up the info on here, I will. Sorry for the double post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2011 3:32pm

Style: Kendo, Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What us few remaining Tucson bullies need is some kind of dedicated face-punching space, which is kind of difficult to acquire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2012 12:23pm

Style: JP Jeet June Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, another noob here, can I get some info on that open sparring event?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 12:42am

Style: aikido, Bjj,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IS it still on for March 24th? Where at in Scottsdale?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 9:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pynrieg View Post
    IS it still on for March 24th? Where at in Scottsdale?
    Still on for March 24th at 64th and Shea. This Facebook Event page (http://www.facebook.com/events/201333569954389/) has the full listing of information and if you have a Facebook account you are welcome to add yourself to the event as an attendee. So far we have some people from my dojo, an MMA gym from Glendale, some combat kenpo people that share our dojo space with us, a Kyokushin dojo from Scottsdale and possibly some people from a style that is a blend of karate and kung fu coming in to spar so there will definitely be some variety.