Page 14 of 16 First ... 410111213141516 Last
  1. #131

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    12
    Style
    Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, you guys all moved out to the area I used to live in before being stationed out in Tucson.

  2. #132

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Posts
    14
    Style
    aikido, Bjj,
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bringing this back to life!

    SO, I am a Tucson transplant. I want some local sparring partners. I know some aikido, bjj, and a few tricks here and there. I don't mind rolling with anyone. If there's anyone here left...

  3. #133

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    89
    Style
    Karate, w/ a side of judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pynrieg View Post
    Bringing this back to life!

    SO, I am a Tucson transplant. I want some local sparring partners. I know some aikido, bjj, and a few tricks here and there. I don't mind rolling with anyone. If there's anyone here left...
    Well, my karate dojo will be hosting an open sparring event in March (basically a Throwdown), but we are in Scottsdale. If you would be willing to make the drive up here on March 24th you would be welcome to come! All of my grappling experience comes from Judo, but several of us at my dojo have different levels of grappling experience and we are planning to invite other schools to attend, so I'm sure there would be people for you to work with.

  4. #134

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    12
    Style
    Kickboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsumusha View Post
    Well, my karate dojo will be hosting an open sparring event in March (basically a Throwdown), but we are in Scottsdale. If you would be willing to make the drive up here on March 24th you would be welcome to come! All of my grappling experience comes from Judo, but several of us at my dojo have different levels of grappling experience and we are planning to invite other schools to attend, so I'm sure there would be people for you to work with.
    An open sparring event? That sounds kind of cool, do you guys have a website set up with info?

  5. #135

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    89
    Style
    Karate, w/ a side of judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larfo View Post
    An open sparring event? That sounds kind of cool, do you guys have a website set up with info?
    Not for the open sparring event, itself, yet--we just decided to do it this past week. I'm still working out the details for it at the moment, though. Since it isn't an "official" Bullshido Throwdown I don't know how much I'm allowed to post about it on here, but feel free to PM me and I can shoot the info I do have over to you.

  6. #136

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    89
    Style
    Karate, w/ a side of judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsumusha View Post
    Not for the open sparring event, itself, yet--we just decided to do it this past week. I'm still working out the details for it at the moment, though. Since it isn't an "official" Bullshido Throwdown I don't know how much I'm allowed to post about it on here, but feel free to PM me and I can shoot the info I do have over to you.
    Well, I guess I'm too much of a newb on BS, post-count-wise, to use PM's--and to edit my own posts, apparently. When I can post up the info on here, I will. Sorry for the double post.

  7. #137

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    426
    Style
    Kendo, Krotty
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What us few remaining Tucson bullies need is some kind of dedicated face-punching space, which is kind of difficult to acquire.

  8. #138

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    76
    Style
    JP Jeet June Do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, another noob here, can I get some info on that open sparring event?

  9. #139

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Posts
    14
    Style
    aikido, Bjj,
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IS it still on for March 24th? Where at in Scottsdale?

  10. #140

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    89
    Style
    Karate, w/ a side of judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pynrieg View Post
    IS it still on for March 24th? Where at in Scottsdale?
    Still on for March 24th at 64th and Shea. This Facebook Event page (http://www.facebook.com/events/201333569954389/) has the full listing of information and if you have a Facebook account you are welcome to add yourself to the event as an attendee. So far we have some people from my dojo, an MMA gym from Glendale, some combat kenpo people that share our dojo space with us, a Kyokushin dojo from Scottsdale and possibly some people from a style that is a blend of karate and kung fu coming in to spar so there will definitely be some variety.

Page 14 of 16 First ... 410111213141516 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO