Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 1:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... A dope trailer is no place for a kitty....

Come spring time when the boys are out I'll have anew Avatar

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 2:03pm

Style: The 10 Plagues Of Egypt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    ... A dope trailer is no place for a kitty....

Come spring time when the boys are out I'll have anew Avatar
    Right on. I've been working on a Conky avatar, but it's not quite finished yet but it should be cool.

I don't think I've met anybody else who likes that show, this is kind of funny actually.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 2:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's an acquired taste. There's a few fans here. Oddly enough mostly among the CMA crowd

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 1:09am

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You both fail in the battle against TV babble. You should be ashamed.

Seriously though, that gave me a little bit more respect for the wing chun practitioners. As much **** talking as I hear on this site, I swear somehow I am developing more respect for people and their different styles. I am not really sure how that works. Maybe all the **** talking makes the voice of reason stand out more or something.

It seems to me that a vast majority of martial arts / combat training is bullshido mcdojo craptastic insanity that gives the rest a bad name.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 9:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmetShamash
    You both fail in the battle against TV babble. You should be ashamed.

Seriously though, that gave me a little bit more respect for the wing chun practitioners. As much **** talking as I hear on this site, I swear somehow I am developing more respect for people and their different styles. I am not really sure how that works. Maybe all the **** talking makes the voice of reason stand out more or something.

It seems to me that a vast majority of martial arts / combat training is bullshido mcdojo craptastic insanity that gives the rest a bad name.

I think the reason is that the after the **** talking has sifted out the fakers the only ones who are left are real martial artists who practice in ernest. Then you're left to read their thoughts and opinions. At least, that's what I've noticed anyway.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    iandi, i'd plus rep you if i could in this forum.

i've always maintained that some _ing _un guys could fight (i've seen them fight on the lei tai, along with tai chi guys who can fight) but always wondered why we just attract the "too deadly for the ring" crowd around here.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2007 12:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    iandi, i'd plus rep you if i could in this forum.

i've always maintained that some _ing _un guys could fight (i've seen them fight on the lei tai, along with tai chi guys who can fight) but always wondered why we just attract the "too deadly for the ring" crowd around here.
    Thank you, I appreciate the thought anyway ;)

I think the reason Bullshido.net is like fly paper for the "Too Deadly" nutriders is due to the fact that, by and large, there's some tough fighters on these boards (as is evidenced by the fight videos) and I guess they (the "Too Deadly" nutriders) feel as though they have to over-compensate. The unfortunate part, is that all too often these so-called _ing _chun practitioners rely on the mistaken notion that "knowing" _ing _hun (read: training in _ing _hun once or twice a week) will some how make them a badass fighter. It's an ego thing, they look at _ing _ (awww **** that, I'm not using the "_ing _hun" spelling anymore it's stupid) sorry, they look at Wing Chun, an efficient, effective, devastating combat martial art (if learned and more importantly taught correctly, and honed by constant fighting in various environments and situations, like the Throwdowns here, or you and your friend's underground boxing club) and begin to make the ego association with it that leads them to believe: "Wing Chun is efficient, effective and devastating therefore, if I associate myself with Wing Chun, I too will be efficient, effective and devastating. This isn't the case though. But they believe it anyway, and so they come here, see the tough motherfuckers on this site and their ego immediately begins the pissing contest. The guys here then respond "Hey, that's cool, come out a prove it, or send us videos" and without fail, they respond "Can't do that, what I know is just too deadly, it's too much of a secret, can't use it in the ring, only on the street, yadda yadda yadda ad-infinitium. It really pisses me off.

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 10:26am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you. That was one of the best defenses on _ing _un I have ever read. How do you feel about the idea of the style being a good starting point for another art? One of the BJJ black belts here mentioned in a thread that his WC training helped him immensely on the ground insofar as concepts went. He felt things like centerline control and sensitivity were more easily applied by him to his ground game than had he started cold.

I have seen some CMA practitioners speaking of Wing Chun as a base to add a "complete" style to. As Wing Chun has no groundwork or grappling other styles would sure this up and work off the foundation of Wing Chun. Any thoughts on that approach?

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 10:39am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A practitioner of -ing -un who has a firm grasp on reality? You're ruining my notion of -ing -un stereotypes.

Welcome to the boards.

edit: Damn, this isn't in Newbietown. I wouldn't have made this kind of post in the CMA forum if I had realized that.
    Last edited by jnp; 3/08/2007 10:42am at .

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 1:57pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Naszir
    One of the BJJ black belts here mentioned in a thread that his WC training helped him immensely on the ground insofar as concepts went. He felt things like centerline control and sensitivity were more easily applied by him to his ground game than had he started cold.

This is a gross misrepresenation of what he said:
    I was giving him some advice on what he could do to help his grappling now. do I think WC is effective? No. I used to shut fools down when we did sticky hands but when I started boxing with a friend i could do nothing!

I think my wing chun training helped me but not nearly as much as roll time. Its totally a dead pattern based art. But that does not mean it does not cultivate atttributes. I am sure TKD cultivates flexibility. Wing chun should have cultivated some level of sensitivity, which you need for Bjj. This is my opinion.

I would not have any of my students do sticky hands or any of that. But since that is where he is coming from, same as I did, then I wanted him to know that there is something he has.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast