supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a hell of a time getting away from this mob,

although, in fairness, I wasn't trying that hard

If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 6:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woozle wuzzle??????

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 7:12pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeeehawww!!! I wish I could get into that kind of trouble!

Hmmm, going back to the topic, and to echo what has been said, in a mutiple attack scenario, you either run the **** away or raise the nasty-meter and **** at least one of them in the most decisive manner. Bullies in group tend to **** bricks when they realize there is a potential for danger to them (though they can also gang up more out of fear.)

One quick solution for that type of situation is to always go out with a bunch of buddies. Three or more guys together usually form a good deterrent for that kind of ****.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 7:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by S0meguy
    You saw how often they got clopped in the back of the head, and anyone in that mess would have to be aware of just how vulnerable they were at any given moment.
    I'm not going to cry about people misinterpreting my thread because it's a great convo to have. But I think you've hit one of several nails on the head with that comment.

I'm not saying that the guys in the clips I'm championing as "good" are going to become awesome multiple-attacker defenders, I'm thinking more in terms of teaching a compariatively realistic understanding of the dangers of being on the recieving end of multiple-attackers. You can also see that these lads, despite their clowning around, were less 'untaught' than many of the martial artists in other clips.

By untaught I mean that non-alive training (ie. most mainstream MA) is un-teaching the natural instincts of fighting. Some of those instincts are not good, but some are. They willingly attacked anyone's back given the chance even if it was with a half-power run-past slap with a boxing glove. But compare that to the two guys I labelled as "semi-contacters" in the other vid, how they weren't half as aggressive and only really did much when the guy was facing them - had they inadvertantly learned only to fight the opponent who is facing them? Maybe, that's what 99% of MA sparring is like afterall.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 8:40pm

Style: PT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    But compare that to the two guys I labelled as "semi-contacters" in the other vid, how they weren't half as aggressive and only really did much when the guy was facing them - had they inadvertantly learned only to fight the opponent who is facing them? Maybe, that's what 99% of MA sparring is like afterall.
    To be honest, saying that someone trained to fight face to face won't attack someone from behind is really the same as saying that a sport fighter won't punch someone in the balls on the "street".

edited in :
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    I'm thinking more in terms of teaching a compariatively realistic understanding of the dangers of being on the recieving end of multiple-attackers.
    That's true, the people in that video did attack from behind. However, I still thought it was a waste of time (if their intention was productive training) because if they didnt know beforehand that they could be attacked from behind when fighting 7 people... somethins wrong.
    Last edited by phuquedup; 3/01/2007 8:43pm at .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123