Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 4:16pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by metarat
    Me weekend warrior. No gets pension until I be old ****, or maybe go back and kill enemies for Bushy.
    Hmm. Not full-time AGR.

I get it. You hate Bush. It's a little old.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 4:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I consider myself a hobbyist and will until I compete in an amature match , become an instructor , or focus more than half of my time awake on training .

I do consider myself a Martial Artist . I do not consider a mechanic a martial artist unless they train to fight .

The two are not exclusive .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 4:50pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by saipher
    Hmm. Not full-time AGR.

I get it. You hate Bush. It's a little old.
    If by "hate Bush", you mean I am just voicing a general liberal sentiment, no.

If you mean the fact that I think he is essentially a rich draft-dodger, who grew up to be a blithering, substance-less neo-con who does not understand how to utilize the military, and has in fact squandered and wasted it and probably set up a period where the military will be damaged worse than post-Vietnam, win or lose, then yes- I "hate" Bush.

I also "hate" being a "coward", and not even being in the support services for my former fellow troops, when I volunteered three time to go over in Iraq #1 for Bush's father.

--AGR? I already said I was a REMF; did you also assume I was a worthless fatass?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2007 5:15pm

Style: Karazy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3
    I agree with what you are saying, but the very act of enlisting opens up the potential for ending up in harms way, where as the civilian on base can quit at any time to avoid danger.

In my inarticulate rant, caused by reading too many my art is the deadly posts, I was trying to show that the mision of the military, as a whole, could be looked at as a martial art. Thus making those that serve martial artists. And that the people who are the ones that are at the sharp end of the spear are totally dependant on the their supporting personal.

I guess it could be looked at as something like the training team a fighter has supporting them when preparing for a fight. Yes, he is the person taking the risk and entering the ring, but he is dependant on the quality of his training team. If his strength coach or sparring partner or cut man suck at their jobs, he will lose, and so will the team. I was an remf and worked in supply no less, but if the supply people don't do their job in a professional and martial manner the people on the edge can and will die and so it goes for many other jobs in the military, unglamerious, undangerous and required.

That sounds a lot better then may initial post. A sinus infection, lack of sleep due to constant coughing and the consuption of prescription and otc medications are not the best conditions for composing a post to start a thread.
    I understand what you were trying to express. I just didn't agree with the whole "have and/or will put themselves in harms way for the defense of their homeland". The people in the rear are definitely an important part of the battle, but they are far from harms way.

Not being a fighter myself I can only make an assumption to your analogy. I believe a fighters training team, is just that a training team. Some of the coaches may be fighters, such as striking and grappling coaches. But they may also just have fitness trainers and massage therapists on their team who do not automatically get the title "fighter" (or martial artist) by association.

In regards to your OP, I guess I can't complain about it not being that well developed since it gave me a reason to post. One of the few chances I have to get closer to getting rid of the noob smilies.
    Last edited by G-low; 3/01/2007 5:20pm at .
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456