Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/20/2012 8:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's the easiest one to defend and uses the least amount of logic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2012 6:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Sasquatch View Post
    Bummer. This is the one site I figured I would find the straight scoop on Russell Stutely before dropping my hard earned bucks on one of his offerings. He offers some free downloads, but they were not particularly convincing. Anyone? Anyone?

OK, please don't smack me upside the head. Somehow I let my wife's attempts to engage me in a serious conversation distract me from noticing that there were more entries in this thread past the first page. I will now go read the entire thread, and hopefully get a better feel for the subject matter. Thanks for your patience.
    Stutely is a tough guy to gauge here because so much of his advertising is over the top hype and aggrandizement. It would, and is, easy for people to dismiss everything he does simple on this count alone.

Personally, I don't care *much* if someone hypes their product as long as they stay within the bounds of hype-vs-dishonesty AND as long as they do not expect me to become an acolyte or true believer in their MA religion.

Second, Stutely teaches and sells products on subjects where fraud abounds, pressure points, power hitting, etc.

Again, easy to dismiss as "just another fraud" because he seems to fit that category.

When TEACHING he seems like a stand-up, honest guy, trying to help people learn:

Where people need to watch and listen to what he actually says is that (as far as I can recall) he doesn't claim "pressure points magically knock people out" or "always work" etc. WHILE HE IS TEACHING.

He claims that all things being equal, hitting in a pressure point is better SOME of the time against SOME opponents.

He points out explicitly that some people are affected very/relatively little, or that sometimes you will not hit a point correctly during dynamic movement.

Do pressure points exist and work sometimes?

Of course they do. Stick a finger in your own eye and keep pressing; eventually you'll move your head/eye away.

Brachial plexus? Funny bone? Nerves running over bone. Some are hit-able, some maybe not.

I don't know Stutely but I have watched his tapes and firmly believe he has taught me useful things.

Also a caveat, I am personally rather insensitive to most pressure points but if you hit me hard enough it adds to the effect.

So in my opinion there is stuff to learn when he is teaching and definitely the hype gets in the way when he is selling.

Is is worth the money? My experience is he charges too much but that is just me.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/22/2012 10:45am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where people need to watch and listen to what he actually says is that (as far as I can recall) he doesn't claim "pressure points magically knock people out" or "always work" etc. WHILE HE IS TEACHING.

Towards the end of the video:
    YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE ACCURATE.
    ACCURACY IS RIGHT OUT OF THE WINDOW.

I listened carefully. If you have to play semantics people have a right to be leery. I won't comment on the "winanyfight" at the bottom of the vid or the instant drop.

The implication and ease is right there in the video.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 3/22/2012 10:48am at .

Posted On:
    4/02/2012 11:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The title of this thread does not ask specifically for information related to his martial art style and neither can I divulge any information regarding it.
    However, I have some personal experience with/ knowledge of Mr. Stutely, and I can genuinely say he is not a good man. Neither is he a trustworthy man.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112