Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 6:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I hate Russell Stutely so much maybe a rant will make someone else look at him closer

I call bullshit on Russell Stutelyís pp teachings. Itís Rick Moneymaker pressure point crap pretending to be reality based self defense. And he surrounds himself by supposed big names from sports ma to insulate him from criticism but really some arenít as well accomplished as he makes out. He claims he teaches MMA fighters which I spose he might be, but it doesnít prove his point because no one is really using his **** in the cage on the UK scene.

Watch this mpeg of him twisting the nipples off some zombie and make your own mind up.
    http://www.russellstutely.co.uk/video/grapplers.wmv

And as for proof he builds up his cronies in his advertising thereís no way this guy was ever UK Vale Tudo Heavyweight champ. He might be a good guy, Iíve never met him, but the highlight of his MMA career was loosing to Freeman in the late 1990s. If he was ever the champ please correct me but I bet you he wasnít.
    http://www.russellstutely.com/seminars/seminars.htm Testimonial of Russell Stutely
    From Shihan Anthony J. Bailey
    Note: Tony Bailey is the former UK Vale Tudo Heavyweight Champ.

Having been within the Martial Arts community for many years, I had read a lot about Russell Stutely and decided to book a seminar with him for my students and see his approach to teaching for myself. I was pleasantly surprised at how approachable he was. Many people put on airs and graces when they reach a certain stage of notoriety/fame, but not him. Right from the start he was informative, humourous, helpful and easy going. This kind of approach makes it easier for students to take on board new information. He taught absolute beginners right through to Dan grades with ease and care. He has, without question, the qualifications.....

Last edited by Tom Kagan; 2/27/2007 5:11pm at . Reason: title change to reflect OP's idea of an investigation.

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 7:38pm

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose you'll be posting some real evidence shortly.

Might be tough since you've never met the guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 8:01pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord ofteh pies

Watch this mpeg of him twisting the nipples off some zombie and make your own mind up.
    http://www.russellstutely.co.uk/video/grapplers.wmv

Ok this video is definitely some serious LARP'ing. Some of it is actually quite unpleasant, but his test dummy is WAAAAYYY overreacting its effects. But it seems to work well if you are fighting the wussiest man in the world, i.e. the man in the video.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 9:30pm

Style: S.H.I.T. MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha, Tony Bailey is 0-1 as a pro MMA fighter. Ian Freeman choked him out in the first round. UK Vale Tudo champ, hells yeah!

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 11:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His site says he's going to be in the US in April 2007...anyone know where?

Also, his bio says the following:
    OCFM International Coach
    6th Dan OCFM
    6th Dan Karate Jutsu
    5th Dan Shotokan
    4th Dan Kick Boxing
    3rd Dan Torite Jutsu
    I haven't seen many valid belts in kick boxing, and all I could find about OCFM is that its a UK franchise - I couldn't even identify a style.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    2/19/2007 4:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    all I could find about OCFM is that its a UK franchise - I couldn't even identify a style.
    It's Russell Stutely's own org... he's the founder, chief instructor etc etc... I wonder who gave him his sixth dan...?:smile:

EDIT: It stands for Open Circle Fighting Methods.
    Last edited by sochin101; 2/19/2007 4:35pm at .
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 7:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, sochin...any experience with these fine folks on your end?
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 9:21am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me, personally, no.
    I was hoping the original poster might come back and tell us if he's had any experience with them.

::Edited to remove baseless assertion::
    Last edited by sochin101; 2/20/2007 11:35am at .
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 10:18am

Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At a very very superficial level, I always thought Russell Stutely had quite a good reputation as an RBSD guy. Plus, I met Anthony Bailey once and he seemed like a sound guy and a good Jpanese Jiu Jutsu practitioner. Can't contribute any more than that.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    2/20/2007 10:30am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elky
    At a very very superficial level, I always thought Russell Stutely had quite a good reputation as an RBSD guy. Plus, I met Anthony Bailey once and he seemed like a sound guy and a good Jpanese Jiu Jutsu practitioner. Can't contribute any more than that.
    That's a whole lot more than the OP offered, and it's always nice to have first hand (even if it is limited) knowledge.
    How long ago did you meet Mr Bailey? Was he involved with Mr Stutely at that point?
    I think (from what I can understand from the very limited info offered by the OP) that the issue is mainly with the pressure point stuff, rather than the RBSD stuff.

Gandhi

Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast