Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/28/2007 5:59pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LARPer......
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

Posted On:
    2/28/2007 6:22pm

Style: Phucking Phrost

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What?, LARPer? dude me and my sparring partners never did any of that crap, are practice weapons weren't padded, they were **** like wasters, bokkens, etc

if what way shape or form is do you think I think I'm that,

and yes I use books but I use as they were intended, as training aids.

I didn't just pick up a damn stick one day and say " hey I'm samurai,

I was actually shown and taught these techniques, I use books and **** like to make up for the fact that I wasn't trained indepth in any specific style.

I don't do damn D&D

Posted On:
    2/28/2007 6:31pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Step outside now! :qright6:

:icon_bigg
    Ha ha. Don't test the resolve of a Kimura Seminarian. We're a whirling dervish of Judo FRENZY:new_let_i

:toothy12:

Posted On:
    2/28/2007 6:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spathophile
    What?, LARPer? dude me and my sparring partners never did any of that crap, are practice weapons weren't padded, they were **** like wasters, bokkens, etc

I was actually shown and taught these techniques, I use books and **** like to make up for the fact that I wasn't trained indepth in any specific style.

I don't do damn D&D
    Dude, **** you. My +3 Shield of Idiocy says you're a LARPer. Do you have a +3or more Reflection of Lies? No? I didn't think so.

There's a difference between you and my karateka who like to wear Rurouni Kenshin Costumes on the weekend, they train in a dojo. They have a teacher, therefor they are students. They don't have an "uncle who dabbled in this and that but is a GREAT GUY I SWEARSIES!"

"Doing Years of Painstaking Research" and hitting your friends with a stick or iron or foam has little meaning when the majority of people here worth their **** who've trained in weapons have dedicated teachers or are teachers themselves and have ranked in major orgs, you don't even know what you do aside from using a very hard stick on an alluminum sword.

Now, your distaste for Japanophiles is well placed, however, what you fail to realize is you are just as bad thinking you have t3h ub3r skillz from books and bokkens.

I recommend you get a brain, get a life, and go train in Judo or Kyokushin like the other good little LARPers who can at least say they do something strong.

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    2/28/2007 6:46pm

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I don't do damn D&D
    I believe you'd be much happier on MAP.

They won't call you on your delusions of adequacy.
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    2/28/2007 6:50pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having read your training background, the idea of you ranting against Japanophiles is fucking hilarious.

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    2/28/2007 6:54pm

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Having read your training background, the idea of you ranting against Japanophiles is fucking hilarious.
    Just so no-one else has to go looking for it, I present it here:
    Quote Originally Posted by LARPer's Profile
    Primary Style: basic Kenjutsu
    Martial Arts Experience
    : Well Uh been a sword freak my whole and I am currently 22, I know the eight basic cuts and the eight basic stances that seem to be common in most styles of Japanese swordsmanship and can flow from one into another in random order, no real dojo experience persay since well that just isn't my cup of tea, I've tried a few days various ones though, however my knowledge on swords in general, for instance, what design is up against plate armour, and what sword design is better up against composite armour, various smithing methods and just alot of acedemic knowledge of swords both european and asian, some arabic too, though can't seem to find any reliable sources in english so far, I alslo have some knowledge of hand to techniques, most just picked up here or there
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Posted On:
    2/28/2007 6:56pm

Style: Phucking Phrost

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the guys I spar with actually trained in a sword style of some kind, I say of some kind because they don't just all study kendo, some study western fencing or a C.M.A of some kind know how to use a chinese sword, these people attend schools

I'm only one who got his knowledge through a family member and I've actually learned from them aswell. dude I've said a number of times on this site that I was never trained in a dojo, people asked where I learned it, I'm telling them.

like I said I use research to make up for the fact I was only trained in the basics.

look man call me an LARPer if you want thats you're ****,

but dude just because I don't hold some rank, doesn't mean I'm some damn wannabe

all it means is I've only been trained a different way, thats it

look man like I said I'll post a vid of me doing some cuts and what not if you think I'm bullshidoing you,

and again for the record I've never done LARPing, I wouldn't even know where the hell to find something like that in this damn city

Posted On:
    2/28/2007 7:06pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    again for the record I've never done LARPing, I wouldn't even know where the hell to find something like that in this damn city

Seems like anyone in your damn city who wants to find the LARPing just needs to stop by your house where you and your buddies are running around with trashcan lids duct-taped to your chest, gardening gloves, and old paintball helmets held in place with twine, whacking each other with fishing poles, car antennas, and lengths of old PVC you found in Uncle Earl's garbage screaming "We're just trained differently!"
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

Posted On:
    2/28/2007 7:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the guys I spar with actually trained in a sword style of some kind, I say of some kind because they don't just all study kendo, some study western fencing or a C.M.A of some kind know how to use a chinese sword, these people attend schools
    Then why don't you?:eusa_doh:

like I said I use research to make up for the fact I was only trained in the basics.
    Again, why don't you go to the Kendoka's school and learn MORE than the basics?:eusa_doh:

look man call me an LARPer if you want thats you're ****,
    Why thank you, I think I will.:pottytrai

but dude just because I don't hold some rank, doesn't mean I'm some damn wannabe
    Yes it does:viking:

all it means is I've only been trained a different way, thats it
    A dumber way.:eusa_doh:

look man like I said I'll post a vid of me doing some cuts and what not if you think I'm bullshidoing you,
    Sparring vids = Better. Arrr.:zicon_ram

and again for the record I've never done LARPing, I wouldn't even know where the hell to find something like that in this damn city
    It's you backyard, silly!:eusa_doh:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast