Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 1:06pm

Style: Phucking Phrost

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Damn Japanophiles

fuckin samurai wannabes ( I KNOW I should be the last one saying this,) I actually met not one, not two, not three, but 4, yes thats right 4 people who have an absolute hard on the the katana. These people were that type that a lot us sword enthusists were like at point or another, though most of us tend to grow out of it at say 13 or so.

But yeah back to the rant

These were 4 were type that believe the Katana to be the absolute epitome of swordsmithing and Kenjutsu to be the greatest sword method on the planet.

ya'know the type, Japanophiles.

the japanese can do no wrong and everything they make is inspired by God himself.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I know I practice Kenjutsu myself, so maybe I should be defending them.

but no these assholes, actually believed the bullshido that often spouted about the Katana, even showing me a vid on youtube of katana blade

cutting a bullet. which contrary to what they thought is nothing special,
    a bullet made of lead, and a sword blade is made of steel

so gee I don't know I wonder which one is the harder substance, uh?, oh yeah steel!

so yeah how is a sword blade cutting a lead bullet anything special when take my hunting knife and with minimal pressure cut a bar of lead

Damn Japanophiles!
    Last edited by spathophile; 2/27/2007 1:18pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 1:10pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spathophile
    fuckin samurai wannabes ( I KNOW I should be the last one saying this,) I actually met not one, not two, not three, but 4, yes thats right 4 people who have an absolute hard on the the katana. These
    Done? Cause I'm not sure I can take anymore. :)

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 1:23pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read This: http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php...article&id=147

Then fucking complain to me.

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 1:28pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fuckin samurai wannabes I actually met not one, not two, not three, but 4, yes thats right 4 people who have an absolute hard on the the katana.

That sounds like a lot of potential discomfort.
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 2:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Katana versus Machine Gun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Zq4f82kjs
    Last edited by Neildo; 2/27/2007 3:13pm at .

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 2:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think that was it, but I liked that one more than the one originally referenced...now imagine a samurai charging the machine gun bunker.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 3:13pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How a Japanophile nearly took my head, and saved me $20 . . . .

I was reminded of this reading your post Spath-- thanks!

Years ago I went to a knife/gun/othercrap show in Tucson. After scanning many tables of crap I saw one covered with B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L shiny toys. I walked over to get a closer look. At that moment a tall, skinny **** with a looong ponytail (YOU know the type!) who is looking at the prettys picks up and unsheaths a Wakazashi (not asking the owner's permission) and launches into his kata, whcih includes some very pretty over-the-head swishes, and nearly connects with yrs truly, who was about two feet back and slightly to shithead's left.

Funny thing-- his keen warrior senses did not detect me! Maybe if I had cut out his kidney? But I had a dame with me. The guy behind the table gave me a -holy ****! sorry!- look, and I went elsewhere for awhile.

I came back later, after the samurai wannabe was gone. The gentleman with all the knives was Barry Dawson, who is, in my opinion, the MO-FO God Emperor of American Knifemakers- http://www.dawsonknives.com/index.html
    and what he was doing at some little **** show in Tucson, I still do not know!

Anyhow, we had a nice hobnob, and I got to handle his whole table of pretties, which were all pretty fucking orgasmic. I remember he had mostly tantos and bowies, and that I couldn't afford anything serious. But he was a real gent and let me play with them all and said yeah, 5-10% of the people coming up at shows were jerks and psychos.

He gave me and my girlfriend of the time a 'Military Reservist/nearly killed by wannabee' discount on a couple of his neck knives, which Cold Steel has in production as The Spike. Lost the girl, got the knife, it still rocks.

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 5:04pm

Style: Phucking Phrost

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya'know I really need to stop hanging around anime shops, these places seem to be the premier hangout for Japanophiles in my area. ( hit himself upside the head, duh, where the **** else would those kids go,) hmm, you know I think I'm actually starting understand why there are Buddhist temples around Des Moines, Iowa.

and sorry for this Bitching, I'll try to stop venting online since it seems to be something I do often.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2007 5:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What Ryu do you study?

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/28/2007 8:09am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know mostly basic Kenjutsu, no real style or specific school, just the eight basic stances and the eight basic cuts that seem to be common in most JSA..

This is from his intro post. He probably studied the basic 8 Iai Kata from the Japanese Kendo Organization. Therefore Basic Kenjutsu would be a a correct style field.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast