Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 8:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking back on the thread, I don't actually see LLL saying that he is fat - just out of condition. I think the fat thing evolved out of other posts. I guess you would first need to establish what goals you are trying to accomplish. If you are already an ideal weight or under weight but just out of cardiovascular and muscular shape, the suggestions would be different. Did some one say white castles? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm microwaved beef-like-product goodness . . .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 8:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what's the difference between tricep pushups and diamond pushups?

Don't take life so seriously- nobody gets out of it alive anyway.
    Diamond push-up: hands together with thumb and forefinger touching (forming a diamond shape) in center of chest

Tricep push-up: hands in regular push-up position. Turn your wrist out to 45 degree angle (away from your body) keep your elbows against your ribs when you push-up. (you should feel it most along the back of your upper arm. make sure you keep your elbows in)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 8:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKDist....if he's out of shape you're going to put him into fukking cardiac arrest with that damn routine.
    Isn't that part of 'the burn?' LMAO

If you are seriously out of shape just do less reps (instead of 30 push-ups do 10 of each. Instead of 50-60 crunches try for 20) and build up to more sets/reps.

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 10:19am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :)

i don't think LLL is fat, he did post his pic somewhere in the OT forum

Haksaeng-good post
    BUT USE PARAGRAPHS!!!!

"Hindu Pushups and Hindu Squats. I've tried both, interesting workout for sure. Didn't like them much would rather just roll. "
    i don;t "like" them either
    but the burn is great

--
    Shut up and Gracie train!

Phrosty finally got my article up, all come and look! Fighting Multiples
    http://bullshido.com/article_read.asp?id=162

"Why the kiaii? What the hell IS kiaii?" Posted by Joe August 12 2003
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 4:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BUT USE PARAGRAPHS!!!!
    My bad. I talk gooder'n I write.

X

Posted On:
    8/14/2003 4:47pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the answers. & I most definitely am not fat, I doubt I even could be if I tried... I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum (small, short, thin, etc) & my athleticism currently is pretty much at zero level.

& Yeah Mr. TKD's program didn't seem quite suitable for me, I couldn't probably do all the stuff on it even once (NOW...)... I could fight him, though ;)...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2003 5:36pm

Style: Boxing and Moo Duk Kwan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would jog on one day and to push ups / sit ups the next and keep rotating like the military does. Try push ups in three different positions. Start with your arms close together and move farther apart as you go through reps as you should do. If you do push ups with your hands like a foot past your shoulders it isolates your chest muscles.
    Try getting a jump rope and do no weight squats and calf raises. And strech like an animal dude. And most importantly if you are doing a work out like push ups, just do them until you are ready to move to the next work-out.

X

Posted On:
    8/16/2003 5:48pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Mr. Dragon, that actually seems like the best suggestion. I've never thought that push-ups could have different effects, if done in different ways.

& the problem for me is that in MA I love fighting. Forms are OK by me too... BUT I hate conditioning ;)... Damn. I guess I'll just have to get jogging (ughgh)...

Your ideas seem like the best ones by far, though...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2003 6:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to do hindu push-ups

http://fit4martialarts.com/exercise_routine1.htm

Anyone else?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2003 9:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What art do you practice LLL? There could be some exercises that give your a jump start in the sport-specific areas. It all depends on if it is a jumping and kicking and punching art versus something more grounded.

For example, jumping rope and jogging would be a better jumpstart into a more free-moving stand-up art like Eagle Claw, TKD, or any art that involves a lot of free-movement, long-range strikes, and leaping by the artist.

On the other hand, arts where the body works for it's space like Judo, or BJJ for example, Sustained sets of slow moving pushups and weightless squats and the like might be more advantageous. These arts require more sustained muscle force and muscular stamina where the former require more ability to repeatedly explode and relax and there is more of a focus on sustained respiratory stamina.

Holding a 200 lbs opponent in the guard and throwing a side kick at the same mass require the quads, hamstrings, and groin to exert force in different directions and use a completely different type of fiber (fast vs. slow twitch).

Either way, flexibility is of the utmost importance. The hindu push ups referenced in the link posted above by RealMAs are actually one of my favorites. They not only builds strength in your triceps, deltoids, and chest, but due to the range of motion, you add flexibility to a larger range of motion in your hip abductors, adductors, groin, and hamstrings than simple linear stretches will ever provide.

Just some more thoughts. Hope your training is coming well.

Edited by - Haksaeng on August 17 2003 21:35:37

Edited by - Haksaeng on August 17 2003 21:38:48
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast