Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 9:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rodney King - Free Clinch DVD

Did a quick search and did not see this posted.

Rodney has uploaded the SBG-Clinch DVD they did back in 2001. You just have to logon to the free portion of the site and you can download it (if it is difficult to find just go to the forums and there is a recent post by Rodney that has the link embedded that you can right click and then save).

There are some other new updates on the site also (both free and for regular members) - the free section is updated at least monthly, and the regular section is updated at least weekly (at least 2 new videos each week).

www.crazymonkeyuniversity.com

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 7:49pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have looked all over the site and can't find the clinch stuff. What is the video called? Any chance of a better link or something?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 8:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just log into the site (it's in the free section) - Click on 'Forums', then click on 'Open Forum Of The CMD Program' and then just look for a post called 'Another Free DVD + Power Fundamentals Clip Download Now Free!' - It should show up part way down the first page of posts (actually more towards the bottom).

When you click on that post there are links to downloading the full video as well as some other stuff. The video is called SBG_2_Free.Mov

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Student; 3/06/2007 8:02pm at .

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/06/2007 8:05pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I downloaded it from work last week, but it's until today's lunch break that I got a chance to look at it. Excellent ****!!!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 6:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My impression:
    He shows in detail how to get past jabs into the clinch.
    His grip, which is one hand around the neck and the other hand controlling the opponents arm, is new to me. Anybody tried this in sparring/fight?
    He shows a flat hand slap to the neck of the opponent while the opponent's head is down.
    I think his dvd is geared for self-defence, is this move allowed in regular muay thai?

Personally, I wish i had some clinch instruction for the other positions and how to transition between them, not just the double collar tie.

Nevertheless, definately worth watching.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 6:29pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say the video is more geared to MMA, S/D and "boxing". And by "boxing" I mean the art of boxing twicked a bit. I'm loving this video a lot!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/07/2007 6:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no clue what anyone's budget is, but if you have the cash I highly recommend any of Rodney's newer DVD's (and of course joining the full site which has tons and tons of downloads).

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    3/08/2007 1:43pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh. ok. I was looking for post with Clinch in the title. I'll get that one when I get home tonight then. I'm putting his DVDs on my list but I have some more equipment ahead of them first...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2007 1:22am

Style: Muay Thai, No Gi Judo/Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by plitschplatsch
    My impression:
    He shows in detail how to get past jabs into the clinch.
    His grip, which is one hand around the neck and the other hand controlling the opponents arm, is new to me. Anybody tried this in sparring/fight?
    He shows a flat hand slap to the neck of the opponent while the opponent's head is down.
    I think his dvd is geared for self-defence, is this move allowed in regular muay thai?

Personally, I wish i had some clinch instruction for the other positions and how to transition between them, not just the double collar tie.

Nevertheless, definately worth watching.

Don't you knee spar?

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 3:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know this is an old thread but does anyone know if this DVD is still available online for free?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast