2/26/2007 10:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Quotes of disaster: Karate 1993 moments

typical All-Karate member's view
    http://www.all-karate.com/forums/ind...pic=1798&st=44
    Wow I'm getting tired of this guy. I'm taking the new guys side on this. This is a KARATE forum not an MMA forum. We've not agreed on anything yet and we certainly won't. Boo hoo. I've trained in dojos like some of these people. You go in, you bow(WTF??? This guy is trying to describe a non-traditional joint...), you punch and say hiya then go home. Woopie. It wasn't until I started in a traditional dojo with traditional ways that I saw the "martial code" that was mentioned earlier. We DO NOT train for trophies or titles or anything like that. Nor do we care to put outselves on such a pedistal. We train for many things. One of which is stopping a fight. I'd be disqualified in three seconds in an MMA match. As soon as an attacker comes at me and going for the throat and knees. Take me to the floor and see how long your balls are in tact. I don't play around with rules, I don't train with rules and I don't live the martial way with rules. Only a code of conduct! MMA fighters have my respect but I don't think they're supreme. Ooh wait. This is where my post will be replied to with "hahaha" following it.
    For the funnies on this guy http://www.myspace.com/meekstud
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 10:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Help build the quote library, theme: TMA dellusions 13 years on
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regarding your orange text: McKrotty schools do way more bowing than traditional places.

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 1:24am

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love how so many people are proud that their ground strategy is to destroy testicles. Even if I thought that that would work and be effective, I wouldn't really go shouting from the rooftops that my anti-grapple is completely untested ball-grabbing (at least I hope it's untested).

Knees and throat, real original, MMA fighters certainly don't know how to defend their legs or head from attack!
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 2:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome thread. I LOVE disaster because I LOVE laughing at other people.

UFC-A Hoax?

Could UFC be a hyped craze. A fad that may burn out?

But if you would read the rules, it has limited many particpants who are not grapplerss.

Fouls:
    1. Butting with the head.
    (Ive seen head butts by grapplers to weaken the opponent for easier submission.)

2. Eye gouging of any kind.
    (Of course not. Limit another stand-up tactic)

3. Biting. (This would weaken the grappler)

4. Hair pulling.
    (Ive seen hair pulling by grapplers to get a better hold over the opponent for easier submission.)

5. Fish hooking.
    (????)

6. Groin attacks of any kind. (Ive seen this by grapplers to weaken the opponent for easier submission.)

7. Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent. (????)

8. Small joint manipulation.
    Too easy to control a grappler. Grappler train for large joints)

9. Striking to the spine or the back of the head. (When a grappler bends forward for the shoot, his head, back, spine is exposed. Limiting a striker's ability to stop the grab)

10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
    (Per #9)

11. Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
    (If a striker could do this, a grappler cannot keep hold)

12. Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh.
    (Ditto all above)

13. Grabbing the clavicle.
    (Dittoall above)

14. Kicking the head of a grounded opponent. (Grappler is the first to go on the ground. Cannot strike in this manner or the grappler would get beat.)

15. Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.
    (#14)

16. Stomping a grounded opponent.
    (#14-15)

17. Kicking to the kidney with the heel.
    (Many times when a grappler haas shoulders on mat and egs up and around a opponent's arm, the opponet has a straight kick to the kidney)

18. Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck. (Of course not-agrappler doesnt want to be wrestled)

19. Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.
    (No comment)

20. Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent.
    (Yet a grappler can hold onto the slevvees and lapels?)

21. Spitting at an opponent.
    (No comment)

22. Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.
    (Injury? Blood and arm locks not painful?)
    Not from 1993 but 2007.

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 2:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You listed many "acceptable" techniques of traditional karate. Especially rule 22. They left out throwing dirt in opponents eyes. Picking up any object which can be used as a weapon. If you see an injury attack it repeatedly. Have no concern, inflect damage as quickly as possible. The only reason your in a fight is because of them. They deserve to be hurt. You can only give mercy when they are beaten down, not during the battle! Because of what mhosea was saying.

That is the main big difference from competition. Both fighters chose to be there. They wanted it. That's also why traditional will not do well in a controlled sport fight.
    I guess Karate has quite a ninjitsu influence. This guy trained at Cobra-Kai I think.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 4:34am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He does have animated Transformers Gifs on his page that I'm going to steal though
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 4:39am

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Awesome thread. I LOVE disaster because I LOVE laughing at other people.

Not from 1993 but 2007.

im not even gonna start pointing out the retardations in that dudes arguments....

Mind you, I'd be disqualified within three seconds in a UFC match. I understand that fleeing from the ring crying out "I was drunk! I didnt know what I was signing!" is a disqualifiable offence?