Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/03/2007 11:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jiujitsu, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, he seems to be keeping under the radar. The link earlier in this thread is the only recent web mention I can find. http://umacleveland.com/About_The_Instructor

The teacher from this school mentions that he received rank from Dvorin, but I do not know him (Dan), have never attended his dojo, and am not near enough to do a bullshido review.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2007 4:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieApocalyps
    That website linked is not Joel Dvorin, but rather a student (?) of his. I put the link up to show that Dvorin conferred Dan (didn't catch the last name) with both a 4th and 5th degree black belt within the space of a year.
    ZA-while that is a quick promotion, it could have been done to get the gentleman to a rank appropriate with his experience.

The question though is Joel Dvorin and his history-who did he train with? Who promoted him? Why is he a 9th dan? He also mentions Kempo-what is his rank in that art?

Posted On:
    10/13/2007 10:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you guys need any specific info about thuis dude just ask me and i'll do some resaerch. His McDojo's a few blocks from my house.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/24/2008 6:50pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I need information on a Paul Leiphart of the Unified Martial Arts Federation who evidently has a dojo in York, PA. What is his association with Dvorin & what has become of Dvorin?

Posted On:
    8/05/2010 10:00am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Update on Joel Dvorin (Crook)

I recently read a thread on here about Joel Dvorin and how he screwed people out of their money, used their social for electric bill for dojo and skipped town. Then someone else stated that he had civil and criminal charges pending against him. All of this was from a post that started in 2007 and ended in 2008. Well I and the company I work for have also been victims of this thief.

I work for a company in Houston that supplies trophies to martial arts tournaments all over the country, and this tool ordered trophies from me in 2006 and paid the majority of the bill after his tournament was over. Then he gave me some sob story about the tournament had low turnout so he was short on cash, so I told him that we could hold over the balance until his next tournament in order to help him out (it was only a few hundred dollars).

So next tournament rolls around in 2007 and he orders his stuff and we produce and ship it. Well months of phone calls, promises and excuses later the asshole files bankruptcy and screws the company out of over $3k, not to mention I had my ass handed to me from the owner for letting this happen.

So if anyone knows this idiot, steer clear and definately don't give him any money. And if anyone is looking for him, his current cell phone number is 216 256-4298. Feel free to give him a call and let him know what an ass he is, or better yet if you know where he is, just kick his ass for me. I would love that.

On a side note another guy to watch out for is NASKA promoter Joe Corley from the famous Battle of Atlanta Tournament. He wrote us a $26,000 hot check for his awards last year and still hasn't taken care of it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 12:07pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i grew up right around the corner from there and drove county line road to high school every day. that's residential (know someone who lived just down the road)...

i'll call a friend who lives near there (Russell road) to have him check it out.

good luck!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2010 3:51pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry for double - my buddy is on vacation the next two weeks. sorry!

Posted On:
    8/15/2010 7:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I won't attempt to dispute Dvorin's character, I did a quick google check and it appears that he is a legitimate 8th dan in TKD/Kenpo Combined (idk what that means)
    http://www.mararts.org/memberlist/blackbelts/list1.htm
    Search Joel Scott and you'll find Joel Scott Dvorin 8th degree

Posted On:
    8/15/2010 7:55pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the **** is TKD/Kenp?
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2010 10:14pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LODD2-having your name listed with the USMAA does not make someone legit. It means he payed his $25 and got himself listed.

crappler-it is what he cameup with on his own, I would suspect. But that is me making an assumption.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast