Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 3:30am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Elvis
    Ummmm... "some" [people] being you?
    This has been addressed above in a reply to JohnnyS.

You left the part out of your letter to Rigan where you threaten to have your writer "friend" drag Rigans name through the mud in his book
    I am not "threatening" to "have him do" anything. He's writing a book, he's putting the Pereira controversy in it, and he's jacking with bjjprim8 (through me) on the Atama thread. The book business has no place in my letter to Rigan. The book business is the existential cross bjjprim8 must carry to Rigan on his next visit.

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 4:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    In any organization with a hierarchy, there is an established protocol for a junior member to contact a senior member. The farther removed the two are from each other, the more elaborate the protocol when sending queries up the hierarchy.
    Kind of like praying to the saints to get to Jesus? Actually, I did follow protocol of sorts. The publicly posted letter bearing the signatures of Rigan and Marcos stated "Any further questions may be directed to The Blitz Center." Well, I called Marcos at the Blitz Center with relevant queries such as whether he actually knew Sakata and whether he knew that Robson was claiming Sakata was a black belt under Carlson Gracie, Sr. I spoke politely and respectfully, yet the conversation ended with an agitated Marcos telling me to go **** myself and hanging up on me. So much for trying to follow protocol. Furthermore, this isn't some private, personal matter that I'm airing on the internet; that letter bearing Rigan's signature was posted out there for all the world to see--so as far as I'm concerned, I have a right to question him on a public forum about it.

Furthermore, when you declared, "Reply to me or my friend will represent you badly in his unpublished work of fiction?" you shredded any credibility you ever had.
    I did not "declare" the quoted absurdity you have attributed to me. Who cares if anyone is represented badly in an unpublished work of fiction? If the damned thing is unpublished, what harm can it do to anyone's reputation? My friend is working on a book that he will try to get published because he can't make any money as a writer if his stuff remains unpublished. He's going to put the Pereira controversy in the book. If Rigan comes to the conclusion that he's been duped by Pereira and strips him of the rank he gave him, that will go into the book. If he doesn't strip him of his rank in the light of so many indications that he is a fake, that will go into the book. Again, there's no guarantee the book will even get published--but my friend wanted little bjjprim8 to get the word to Rigan.

I wanted to hear both sides of the story.
    I still do.

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 5:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyS
    threatening to have his friend write a book slandering Rigan unless Rigan responds to DuckOfDeath's questions.
    Once again, I'm not "threatening" to have my friend "do" anything. And there won't be anything libelous in the book because everything about the Pereira controversy will be backed up by fact.

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 5:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    I didn't explicitly say it before but I disagree completely with the whole "If you don't answer the question, my friend is going to write a book", and I won't speculate why he did it either.
    Don't get my friend's business with bjjprim8 over on the Atama thread mixed up with my business with Rigan on this thread.

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 5:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's the text of the Rigan/Marcos letter:

__________________________________________________ ______________________

To whom it may concern;

It has come to our attention that certain individuals are questioning the legitimacy of the black belt rank of one of the members of our association, Mr. Robson Pereira.

Please be advised that Mr. Pereira was awarded a black belt in brazilian jiu jitsu shortly prior to moving to this country in 1995, from Mr. Maurice Sakata of Sao Paulo, Brazil, where he trained and competed for 10 years and we give full recognition to his belt and rank.

He and the academy at which his is currently instructing, Rat Pack Fighting Systems of Palmerton, PA are now members of the Marcos Santos/Rigan Machado association through which Mr. Pereira was recently awarded his second degree black belt.

Any further questions may be directed to The Blitz Center.

Very truly yours

Rigan Machado / Marcos Santos

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 5:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the actual letter itself ought to be posted. Since I don't have a scanner, if a moderator with a scanner will PM me a mailing address, I'll send a copy to be scanned and posted.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 1:42pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Devils Advocate:

I guess the provacative nature of the letter can be looked at as a bit direspectful. At the same time, another poster made a good point about BJJ. No one should be above reproach. On one hand the letter could be have been a bit more professional. At the same time, there are people who do things for the money, even in the BJJ community. After all, it was on this very site that I heard from the BJJ community that one Joe Moreira is "may have" done the same thing. It's one thing to show respect, but another to have so much respect that someone is above reproach.

My advice (although I'm sure since no one knows me or probably doesn't even care since everyone seems to be set in their ways) is for DoD to probably investigate this matter a bit more professionally and for the the BJJ black belts who have posted in this thread, use the force...! Or, should I say, use the power of your rank to get an audience and see if any of the information presented is true and false. After all, it was mentioned about a chain of command and I'm pretty sure you would be a lot higher in that chain then DoD is.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 9:53pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    I thought one of the things that made BJJ different than other MA was the fact that there were no masters that were above reproach. No instructors that were above being questioned.
    Read my post again and tell me where I asked DoD to stop asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    DuckofDeath, pay attention. In any organization with a hierarchy, there is an established protocol for a junior member to contact a senior member. The farther removed the two are from each other, the more elaborate the protocol when sending queries up the hierarchy.

The letter you sent to Rigan Machado indicates you have failed to grasp this point.

Furthermore, when you declared, "Reply to me or my friend will represent you badly in his unpublished work of fiction?" you shredded any credibility you ever had. What the hell were you thinking?

Previously, I refrained from passing judgement on you or Rigan Machado because I wanted to hear both sides of the story. I now believe you are incapable of conducting unbiased research. Rigan is a living legend whom I've met. You are a random internet person who has decided to become a douche while pursuing your apparent obsession.
    Edit: I said I no longer think DoD is an impartial investigator, and that he's pursuing this in the wrong manner if he truly wants his questions answered. Now if he wants to be e-famous as a guy who's more interested in stirring up **** rather than getting to the bottom of the matter, he's on the right track.
    Last edited by jnp; 3/16/2007 10:04pm at .
    Shut the hell up and train.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 10:22pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me make my own position clear. I have the utmost respect for my instructor and his instructors, the Machado brothers. That said, I hope Rigan answers DoD's questions.

Posted On:
    3/18/2007 8:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rigan doesn't go on the forums. I highly doubt that he feels the need to answer some random internet guy he's never heard of. Why should it matter what his response is anyway? DOD has already made up his mind on this issue.

He didn't answer my questions though:
    1) Does DOD actually trains in BJJ?
    2) What his instructor thinks of DOD's conduct?
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast