Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 8:13pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you, this is a frigging mess.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 11:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath
    March 15, 2007

Dear Mr. Machado,

...[What is going on here, Mr. Machado? For your information, there has been an ongoing discussion on the internet about this matter, with some suggesting that your are selling rank and others suggesting that you are being duped by a con man.]

Sincerely,

Ummmm... "some" [people] being you? You left the part out of your letter to Rigan where you threaten to have your writer "friend" drag Rigans name through the mud in his book if Rigan doesn't respond to you in six months and strip this guy you hate of his belt. I really think you should add that part and be upfront and honest with Rigan and admit that "some" = you. Just some thoughts.

By the way, I applaud your efforts of attacking somebody through the defamation or threat thereof of another. You should go into politics. :sad3:
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 11:50pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyS
    Do you really think that this is the right way to approach him?
    DuckofDeath, pay attention. In any organization with a hierarchy, there is an established protocol for a junior member to contact a senior member. The farther removed the two are from each other, the more elaborate the protocol when sending queries up the hierarchy.

The letter you sent to Rigan Machado indicates you have failed to grasp this point.

Furthermore, when you declared, "Reply to me or my friend will represent you badly in his unpublished work of fiction?" you shredded any credibility you ever had. What the hell were you thinking?

Previously, I refrained from passing judgement on you or Rigan Machado because I wanted to hear both sides of the story. I now believe you are incapable of conducting unbiased research. Rigan is a living legend whom I've met. You are a random internet person who has decided to become a douche while pursuing your apparent obsession.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 12:37am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    DuckofDeath, pay attention. In any organization with a hierarchy, there is an established protocol for a junior member to contact a senior member. The farther removed the two are from each other, the more elaborate the protocol when sending queries up the hierarchy.

The letter you sent to Rigan Machado indicates you have failed to grasp this point.
    I thought one of the things that made BJJ different than other MA was the fact that there were no masters that were above reproach. No instructors that were above being questioned.

I don't know what the best way for Duck of Death to expose any wrong doing that may have been done by Robson Pereira or anyone else that was involved. But I feel that if you let this slide, and not to mention the IBJJA giving instructor belts after a video course, it won't be long before BJJ is no different than the ATA.

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 12:41am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you see no difference between saying "Rigan, how do I improve my side control" and
    "Rigan, you don't know me but I demand you answer my questions or I will continue my smear campaign against you"?

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 12:49am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DuckOfDeath is a whiny bitch who believes he is entitled to answers from someone he doesn't know, and believes it perfectly legitimate to run a smear campaign against a legend so as to get those answers. Obviously it's far too difficult to actually call Rigan directly, so DOD is being an attention whore by posting his letter of demands and threatening to have his friend write a book slandering Rigan unless Rigan responds to DuckOfDeath's questions.

I'd be very interested to know if:
    a) DOD actually trains in BJJ
    b) What his instructor thinks of DOD's conduct

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 1:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DuckOfDeath is a whiny bitch who believes he is entitled to answers from someone he doesn't know, and believes it perfectly legitimate to run a smear campaign against a legend so as to get those answers.
    DuckOfDeath isn't trying to ask Rigan anything personal he's trying to find out Robson a person that he promoted to 3rd degree BB. Possibly faster than usual, I'm not quite sure of the normal timeline between promotions. I don't think it's much different than if I was called because I was listed on a resume as a reference. As for DoD's instructor, I hope BJJ isn't like the Bujinkan where you can possibly get kicked out for disagreeing with a senior member.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 1:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't explicitly say it before but I disagree completely with the whole "If you don't answer the question, my friend is going to write a book", and I won't speculate why he did it either.

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 2:16am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only person suggesting Rigan is selling rank is you, you little ****.
    There are hundreds of posts on multiple threads on several forums about Pereira's rank, and a number of posters have suggested Pereira or Pereira's former handlers might have laid out $$$ for the rank. The most egregious example of this accusation I witnessed occurred when someone edited the Wikipedia article on Rigan, adding that Rigan was well known for selling black belts, the latest example being the black belt he sold to Robson Pereira. This alteration was brought up on a thread, and I actually saw the doctored Wiki before the added material was edited out. Louco over on the Atama forum claims to know who did it.

Do you really think that this is the right way to approach him?
    Why not a simple, direct approach like this? Especially since his students have been sitting around with their thumbs up their butts for over a year refusing to clue him in on what's going on...

Who are you to be making accusations like belt selling, and demanding answers like that from Rigan?
    I'm simply making him aware that such accusations are being made and inviting him to refute such accusations

I have no problem with you checking out Robson
    Yes, but checking out Robson also involves checking out who gave him his rank and under what circumstances the rank was given.

Posted On:
    3/16/2007 2:49am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Thank you, this is a frigging mess.
    It has been a frigging mess for over a year, Samuel. I admit to being deliberately provocative, but there was a method to my madness. I thought that if I could be provocative enough, word would get back to Rigan, and--if he wasn't aware of what was going on--he would find out and deal with it appropriately. I was figuratively throwing a rock through someone's window to wake him up, so to speak. My plan was foiled, however, by the reluctance of his students to let him know what was going on.

I've commented on that reluctance over on the Atama forum: "Why is it that I am the one who has to clue Rigan in on what's going on if he is indeed a trusting individual who is being hoodwinked? Why the appalling lack of moral courage on the part of his own students to alert him to the fact that someone might be taking advantage of him, and that this could tarnish his good name? Perhaps their cowardice stems from a secret fear that maybe something is amiss after all, and that they'd just as soon not get involved..."
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast