Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/10/2007 11:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what I know of the situation, Robson is a Brown Belt in Judo and a 3 stripe Black Belt in BJJ. Where or who he received these belts from is unknown by me. By the way I heard he lost both of his fights at the PA Judo Tournament.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2007 5:54pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If memory serves, he originally claimed to under Rickson, then the elusive Maurice Sakata, then Marcos and Rigan who gave him his second Dan in 06 and now he apparently received his third degree from Mansor, approx. 9 months after receiving his second.

If you're training with him, aren't you interested in knowing his lineage?

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    3/11/2007 6:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember reading/hearing he was a BJJ brown under Mansur. Then a Machado gave him his 2nd degree black.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2007 6:10pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no. I spoke with someone who was there when Marcos Santos gave him a second degree. His claim has, for some time, to have been a bb under some guy named Sakata who no one seems to know. Of this I am fairly certain.

Posted On:
    3/12/2007 12:57am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyS
    There's a right way to go about things, and because you find it hard to get in contact with someone does not give you the right to try and tarnish their name.
    Since you've been reading the Atama forum, you're aware that I've apparently found a site with current phone no. and address for Rigan's school. What I'd like to do is send a letter to Rigan along with a copy of the Rat Pack letter in which he and Marcos Santos recognize the black belt conferred by "Maurice Sakata." (The link to the scanned letter was removed from the Rat Pack site, but not before the Duck in his infinite wisdom printed hard copies of it.) I'm also going to send a cassette of my conversation with Mansor. I will post a copy of my letter to Rigan. Once this is done, Rigan will have been apprised of the situation and will be in a position to respond to those asking him about these issues.

Posted On:
    3/13/2007 1:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by duckII
    The Professor has a web site w/ a phone number and e-mail. Why doesn't someone just contact him directly for the info you seek.
    It would appear that his mailbox is "temporarily disabled." After I make the necessary preparations (wink, wink), I'll give him a call.

I started my letter to Rigan yesterday and hope to have it finished and mailed soon.

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 1:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    March 15, 2007

Dear Mr. Machado,

I'm writing to bring to your attention the controversy surrounding the promotion of Robson Pereira to second degree black belt by you and Marcos Santos. According to a letter dated Jan. 30, 2006 that was scanned and posted on the Rat Pack Fighting Systems web site, you and Mr. Santos recognized Pereira's supposed existing rank of black belt that was purportedly conferred by one Mauricio Sakata, also known as Maurice Sakata. The promotion of Pereira to second degree--which allows him to confer rank--was predicated upon the earlier rank conferred by Sakata. The letter--a copy of which is enclosed for your records--was composed on Blitz Center lettterhead, carried the Blitz Center phone no., bore the signatures of both you and Mr. Santos, and invited its readers to direct all questions to the Blitz Center.

I decided to take up the invitation to contact Mr. Santos at the Blitz Center because I wanted to find out more about Mauricio Sakata. The reason for my curiosity was that no one in the BJJ community seemed to know of anyone by that name. The only prior mention of a Maurice Sakata had been Pereira's bio on the RPFS site where Sakata wass simply described as a "notable athlete" with whom Pereira had trained--he wasn't even described as a practitioner of BJJ, let alone a black belt in BJJ. It was only after the RPFS attempts to pass Pereira off as one of Rickson's black belts fell through that Pereira began claiming that he had been awarded a black belt in BJJ by Sakata. Not long thereafter, the letter bearing your signature and attesting that Pereira was a black belt under Sakata was scanned and posted on the RPFS site.

During my phone conversation with Mr. Santos, he admitted that he did not know Sakata and went on to say that Grandmaster Mansor knew him. Now if you knew Sakata yourself, Mr. Machado, wouldn't Mr. Santos have said something to that effect instead of bringing up Grandmaster Mansor? Thinking that perhaps Grandmaster Mansor might have vouched for Sakata to both you and Mr. Santos, I decided to give the Grandmaster a call. With his son also on the line to help interpret, Grandmaster Mansor plainly stated that he did not know any Maurice or Mauricio Sakata. I recorded my conversation with Grandmaster Mansor, and I have included a cassette of that conversation for your records.

What is going on here, Mr. Machado? For your information, there has been an ongoing discussion on the internet about this matter, with some suggesting that your are selling rank and others suggesting that you are being duped by a con man. Are you aware that RPFS had been trying to pass Pereira off as a Rickson black belt? Are your aware that Pereira claimed that Sakata was a black belt under Carlson Gracie Sr.? Are you aware that Pereira is now claiming to be a winner of the Brazilian Nationals on his web site?

I think it only fair, Mr. Machado, that you be given the benefit of the doubt in case you have somehow honestly been left "out of the loop" as to what has been going on. Now you have in hand my brief summary of the situation along with a copy of the posted letter and a copy of my taped conversation with Grandmaster Mansor. So--did you put your informed signature on that letter? Do you know for a fact that Mauricio Sakata actually exists?

This open letter to you has been posted on the "Brazilian Nationals Winner" thread on the Bullshido forum [link provided]. Please feel free to respond; there are many, many people who would appreciate the opportunity to hear your side of the story.

Sincerely,

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 5:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only person suggesting Rigan is selling rank is you, you little ****.
    Do you really think that this is the right way to approach him? Who are you to be making accusations like belt selling, and demanding answers like that from Rigan?

I have no problem with you checking out Robson, but the way you are attacking Rigan is appalling. If you haven't noticed, it's pretty easy to see the animosity you have created towards yourself on the Atama forum. You being a prick to Rigan is not helping your cause and no-one is thanking you for it.

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 8:03pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will someone please provide a link to the thread on the Atama forum.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2007 8:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Will someone please provide a link to the thread on the Atama forum.
    http://www.mma.tv/tuf/index.cfm?ac=L...2&FID=11&pc=67
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast